Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newcomer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Element, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Element

Element Banned

Newcomer

Hey all, I just joined this forum today and thought I'd make a little informal introduction... so there you have it.

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself though ;)

How long have you been playing d2?
    What made you decide to go SP?
    Favourite character? (careful with this one)
    Playing style?

And let us know what you do with yourself when you're not playing d2

Cheers,

enjoy

3. Element

Element Banned

I've played D2 basically on and off since it came out; I got it for my birthday one year and haven't been able to stay away from it, not too long anyways.

I've actually been playing single players for maybe 3 years? I had a computer virus about a year and a half or two years ago so I had to wipe clean the hard drive and reinstall everything - fun stuff. Once I restarted playing, again a year and a half or two years ago once everything was reinstalled I made the typical necromancer since it was the easiest to run through the game, or so I'm lead to believe. Since then I've made only a sorceress and have become madly addicted to mephisto and pindleskin runs... MADLY! So yeah, I've basically been playing for a year and a half just doing mephisto runs and collecting some pretty high (good quality is what I'm getting at?) exceptional items and alot of worthless junk I don't have the heart to throw away.

As for my favorite character, I can't say I've experimented with any characters outside the necromancer, druid (ick), and sorceress. I'm hoping to start and amazon sometime soon, assuming I can get my hands on some gear, following the Magezon or whatever its called in this guide I so happily felt upon to: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=561

I guess I don't have much of a playing style? I don't quite understand what you mean I guess. I like to go with the fast play, massive killing type of thing. I'd bore myself to death if I went slow. I've always wanted to try to get to level 99, so maybe I'll have some luck in playing with some of you guys and eventually get there. If anyone knows anything about trading, I need help lol, I've got alot of stuff I could put up since I don't have any use for anything, but this new amazon I'm thinking of making might be the character I use to shoot for 99. So if you can trade, PM me!

Outside of D2 I'm usually hanging out with my friend Christina (yeah, I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl, get used to it), she's like a sister to me, though 2 years younger. I'm real into the art scene and like to create things, thus I draw in photo-realism (realistic looking pictures done in graphite) and experiment painting my walls in my room. I snowboard every so often since I live in the cold state of minnesota, I suck at it, but I do it. When it's not so cold I'm usually hitting up the rails and ramps and jumps at skate parks with my trust skateboard. Soccer is the biggest sport in my life and I play it year-round, absolutely can't live without it. Other than that, I love working out, especially lifting weights. Not to show anyone up or anything :D I weigh about 157.5 pounds and max out at a bench of around 245 and squat something around 425? I thought about going olympic, but I've gotten too many injuries and stuff from soccer and other things I decided not to. Don't let my size and looks fool you though! I'm only about 5'7-5'8 and weight 157.5 pounds like I said, but I still pack a punch! Music is always with me as well as my guitars, heavy metal/metalcore/hardcore punk/screamo/emo are my favorite types of music to listen to, and blues is my favorite to play (and who doesn't love blues?)

So anyways, I think I got a little carried away and went a little too in-depth there... I'm sorry for making you read so much lol. But I'm glad to be here and again anyone with knowledge of trading... PM me please.

-Element

4. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Greetings Element. Enjoy your stay here with us :)

- Jas :wave:

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

wow, a one line intro post, and then a 3 page follow-up :D

for trading, check out one of the stickies up the top of the forum. There's a link from there to the trading forum. Make sure to read the rules though. That's a nice bench you've got there. I might be able to do half that if I struggled :lol: my training is more focussed towards cardio/endurance.

6. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

welcome to this great community. be careful to read the stickies if you want to trade and/or mp with others.
    trading runes is forbidden in this forum and being honest and "clean" (meaning legit) about your items is awaited by most members.

have fun and better get that shin protectors you use when you play soccer! ;)

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay...If you like metal music you should check me out....Chimaira is an awesome metal band.

8. HolyPade

HolyPade IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

Enjoy your stay.

9. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF! :)

10. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Welcome, nice to have you here - particularly a fellow fan of the beautiful game (and I ain't talking D2!). Enjoy your stay!

11. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Enjoy your stay here and don't feed the squid.

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

There good, but i wouldnt rate them awsopme.
    Anyway, welcome to the SPF. we have a few rules, please read them.
    1. do not feed the squid.
    2. do not wear shin guards.
    3. do not insult the mods (kremtok or AlterEgo) they dont like it. (i would know)
    4. enjoy it here. Or else!!!
    *puts on steel-caped boots of barbed wire and kicks element in the shins* Sorry, its tradition. I dont kick the same shin twice, so your safe now. Drop by the EMB bar some time, chill out and get cyber drunk, which is almost as good as normal drunk.

13. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF. Metal music rules!!!!!!!

14. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF. I just rejoined yesterday. The community here is awesome, so be sure to try and stick around, unlike what I've done.

15. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF friend. Impressive bench there, I'm lucky if I can put up 225, and I weight about a buck90. I think my long arms have something to do with that (being 6'3 is rough lol, j/k :D). I also enjoy lifting tho', and riding my Trek...they are great ways of relieving stress. Enjoy your stay Element, and beware of FB hehe.

-PP