Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newcomer here

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DrachenSauce, Apr 8, 2015.

1. DrachenSauce

DrachenSauce Diabloii.Net Member

Hello guys, I am pretty new to Diablo 2. I played the game up until Act 2, solo. Couldn't finish it because I have the German version of the game, and German language isn't my speciality.

I would like to experience the multiplayer, the Hardcore mode and all it's pluses and minuses. But, to be honest, I am scared shitless.

All I've heard about the Diablo 2 multiplayer community is bad. From being strictly Elitist to bullying newbs like myself.

I finally got the guts to post here, and... I really hope someone replies. I don't want to play D3, it's just so casual-like, simplified...

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Welcome! D2 is a great game, good choice!

There isn't too much that you need to know the language for, but a few of the quests might be hard to figure out. We could help give you some advice if you want.

I haven't played multi player on bnet in years, so I can't speak for the state of it that much. It can be a bit elitist I'm sure, but you can also find some great people on there. I just play single player, but you can also play multi player in a tcp/IP game if you want.

I don't know your gaming background, but I wouldn't pay HC until you get through the game at least once. There are parts that can be rather unforgiving if you don't know what to watch out for.

What character are you playing?

DrachenSauce likes this.
  3. DrachenSauce

Thanks for your reply!

I am sure I will get used to the
    game in German, then. I did finish Act 1 without even figuring out, just WHAT I was even doing.

I seemed to have had a knack for playing Druid on my last playthrough with the Act 2 mercs as support. I will probably try that class again, Werebear form is friggin' bonkers.

4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Welcome to the forums :)

I may have a solution to your language issue. Just register your game key at Battle.net and then you should be able to download the game in English.

Hope this helps.

DrachenSauce likes this.
  5. DrachenSauce

Thanks, I had no hope left.

6. argonath

argonath Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome
    If You will need help of any kind in the game message me and I will gladly help You if I can

Regards, Argonath

DrachenSauce likes this.
  7. spazhkro

spazhkro Diabloii.Net Member

"All I've heard about the Diablo 2 multiplayer community is bad. From being strictly Elitist to bullying newbs like myself."
    Well .... it used to be several years ago . Now i've just restarted playing and in my second day i got a free enigma and some other good stuff . People are unusually kind and helpfull (seems like they're getting older and wiser :)) ). If you'll be playing on Eu server , you can add my account scalfac3 for any kind of help you need. Wellcome to Diablo2!