Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newbie's MF Summon Necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by USElf, Oct 3, 2006.

1. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

Newbie's MF Summon Necro

According to AcidRane's MF Summon Necro

I build up my first char of this season's ladder, I quit for long time and still a newbie (i never own a HR before)
    I played poisonmancer before, with death web and trang set, but doing not enough dmg in hell mode.

I decided to play some D2 last sunday so I install the game and search a good way to start off from nothing, and same as before I choose necromancer class.

There were a lot of debate between max out SM or revive. I figure out many ppl are oppose to SM after I investing like 9 points there...
    well I bet my points onto SM anyway. now it's 20

My build as following:
    -----------------------------
    20 Skeleton Fighters
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Skeleton Mages
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    1 Revive
    1 Golem Mastery
    7 Summon Resist
    1 Bone teeth
    19 Corpse Explosion
    1 Amplify Damage
    1 Weaken
    1 Iron Maiden
    1 Life Tap
    1 Terror
    1 Decrepify
    1 Lower Resist
    99 pts added (lv+stage bonus)

My current armor:
    Undead Crown (+3 SM)
    Armmy (+3 summoning skills)
    Arm of King Leoric (+2 summoning skills, +2 p&b skills, +2 SMagi +3 RS + 3 SM)
    Skulder or Ire (+1 skills, +106 magic find for my level)
    Rare +2 skills demon head
    Trang glove (+2 curse skills)
    Rare boots (22% magic find)
    Normal belt
    Normal rings
    Cheed Fortune (26% magic find unique grand charm)

Stat with armor
    31 Skeleton Fighters
    34 Skeleton Mastery
    30 Skeleton Mages
    9 Clay Golem
    9 Blood Golem
    9 Iron Golem
    9 Revive
    9 Golem Mastery
    15 Summon Resist
    6 Bone teeth
    24 Corpse Explosion
    6 Amplify Damage
    6 Weaken
    6 Iron Maiden
    6 Life Tap
    6 Terror
    6 Decrepify
    6 Lower Resist

Char Stat:
    110 Str
    25 Dex
    170 Vitality
    120 Energy
    83 points left

I have just made him lv ** yesterday in some Baal runs.
    I didn't only do the forge of hell mode... so many quest to go.

I plan to run 1 more level to max out CE maybe.

There are some questions anyway.
    I never have high rune words in my D2 history, currently highest is from Hell forge, FAL.
    I got my Arm of King for 20 pgems, I dunno is it worth or not, it's just all i got.
    Undead crown and Skulder and ammy are from my own hunt, Trang gloves is given by a scor in Baalrun (thx man)

The final purpose of this char is to enjoy the mf...
    There are many question I want to know, may some of you have spare, please ans me.

About mf and price:
    1) how much does Arm of king and cheed fortune and Skulder worth? Is skulder good?
    2) should I add a socket to skulder and socket P-topaz on it?
    3) I still have some points left to add, should I add all the vitality?
    4) Where to mf? I current run pit, but seldomly find a single rare item in the cave, I do find cheed fortune and some unique on my way to the pit tho.
    5) Where to find HR?
    6) I got grisword 's armor, how much shud it worth?

About hunting:
    7) I can hunt in pit or wherever easily if it is just 1 man game, even solo baal (just some time is needed)
    8) Is it hard for summoner to mf in a 6ppl+ game? I feel kinda easy to die... for my low resist maybe

About Items:
    9) What Items should I get and what prices are they?

I have some more thing to share, I think it's kinda good to max out Corpse Explosion(CE) since the skills kill a pack of monster really fast, help summoner a lot IMO, moreover, it is very nice even in baalrun, it just help out the party clean the minions of baal.

I am very satisfy with the build currently, doesn't regret to invest points in Smagi, but I do like to know how to further test out the build?
    Do people use to Mf in a 8 ppl game? (it's kinda impossible for me tho)

Well any opinion is fine, just help out this newbie! Thanks~

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Price checks in the appropriate forum, please.

Just keep running the Pit and the bosses and things will drop eventually. Just because it can drop something doesn't mean it will within 1000 runs.

3. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

well i try to answer to your questions or atleast i will give it a try :lipsrsealed:

About mf and price:
    1) how much does Arm of king and cheed fortune and Skulder worth? Is skulder good?
    - well ... i prettey mutch think that ALL of these items can be obtained with PGs (and with patience). skulders is good, if you dont afford enigma.

2) should I add a socket to skulder and socket P-topaz on it?
    - yes, if you feel like need of mf.. otherwise i'dd suggest to save that Q for something else.. but if the nec is for pure mf. go go alredy!

3) I still have some points left to add, should I add all the vitality?
    - yes if yuo dont need anything else.. and seems to me that its too late for max block anyways (if needed anyhoo)

4) Where to mf? I current run pit, but seldomly find a single rare item in the cave, I do find cheed fortune and some unique on my way to the pit tho.
    - when i started ladder i did this pindle/eldric/shenk/pit. why? because you can summons skeles from the garden for free!

5) Where to find HR?
    - umm.. anywhere in hell? kinda silly Q cause almost every hr is dubed (or cubed) and then sold forward..

6) I got grisword 's armor, how much shud it worth?
    - nothing would be prettey mutch a squear amount of nothing :thumbsup:

About hunting:
    7) I can hunt in pit or wherever easily if it is just 1 man game, even solo baal (just some time is needed)
    - is there a question here? look for areas where you can run.. normal monsters generaly drop lower than bosses but are easyer to do

8) Is it hard for summoner to mf in a 6ppl+ game? I feel kinda easy to die... for my low resist maybe
    - dying is easy.. and i really think its alot more easyer to hunt solo than in huge game 8mostly games like baal runs end before you even get your army up)

About Items:
    9) What Items should I get and what prices are they?
    - the ususal.. +skill etc etc... enigma suits great for summoners. with enigma you can prettey mutch do everything

few tips if you need any..

- low nec torches go really cheap (atleast on europe)
    - get a merc (DUH!) ll/res/ias/crushing blow all helps

i hope i answered to your questions atleast somewhat correctly :rolleyes:

4. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

I made my necro to Lv 89 yesterday, extra point goes to MAX out CE.

And I got Tarnhelm, nagel in a Baal run, ravenfrost, Bonehew and Nokozan Relic in other place
    And inserted P-topas to my Skulder, and I immediately got some unique, it makes diff haha

My current armor:
    Tarnhelm (+1 skills, +24% mf)
    Armmy (+3 summoning skills)
    Arm of King Leoric (+2 summoning skills, +2 p&b skills, +2 SMagi +3 RS + 3 SM)
    Skulder or Ire /w P-Topaz(+1 skills, +111 magic find for my level) + 24%mf for ptopaz
    Rare +2 skills demon head
    Trang glove (+2 curse skills)
    Rare boots (22% magic find)
    Normal belt
    Raven frost, Nagel (28% mf)
    Cheed Fortune (26% magic find unique grand charm)

I found out my summon nec can do PIT, contress, and Act5Q1 (highland?) kinda easy, in 5ppl game
    With CE I think those place which is packed by monster are easy and safe..

5. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reference.

Anyway, I thot I see there is an article talking about enrol map.
    Is that if I create the game myself, the map are always the same, except I recreate the game in another difficulties?

Is it better for us to Mf in same game until all area finished?
    or it is totally independent?

6. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

<script>
    /*

How much to get enigma? I found that it seems it is a must for a summon nec... I plan to make my summon nec main char as he is equiped /w all the ideal skills I want, so I plan to get some awesome item for him if i could, how do people used to get enigma? collect rune words themselves or from trade? any guideline for this? just run contress until getting the enough mid runes?? (no luck for me even for mid runes)

I did it, seems skulders are good +1skills and 13x% mf with ptopas, nice one thanks

how do i check max block? I have like hundred points left. pumped to life since i think i will site behind my army haha

so u mean pit, act5 first wp's 3 boss? I think act5 wp's boss is fast and easy, just dunno how good it can drop.
    I think the way hunt to pit drop many uniques to me.

That really shocked me, what is the average level of the runes people start from?
    Maybe thats why many ppl go for new character and forge run?

I will keep it then... thanks again

uhmmm for people to solo Baal, is there a quick way for them to hunt down to WST lv3? I found the main problem for me is wasting time searching on map for my mf spot...

well I found it's okay for me to hunt in 1-5 people game... hehe... nice skelly army

again, refer to point 1, any suggestion?

[/QUOTE]

low nec torches, but how much it goes?
    I do have a Merc, nitemare act2 might, he is lv ** now, with goldskin, crown of theves, and i want to load him with bonehew but he don't have enough Str for it... maybe 1 more level can make it i dunno. I couldn't find CB items for him yet, is CB items need to be wear on the guy who do the melee attack anyway?

So many question, but thanks for helping this newbie, I would like to make the nec lv90 but it seems a little time is needed haha... a lv 90 newbie

7. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

if I level up, where to put the extra point? dim vision? or bone armor?
    If i want to get all curses, I need to attain lv92, should I do that?

Err... so many questions... anyway I still want to know, ppl used to pick up sockets items
    but they said only some of them worth a lot...
    like 5 sockets swords. where can I find more items about what items to pick up and keep?

On the other hand, for shield, is it good to pick up shield like 2-3 sockets and put all diamond on it for resistance?
    (I guess topaz on shield doens't add mf?)

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Totally independent.

Just mouse over it. If it says 75% you have got max block. Or check a calculator.

9. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

IF YOU WANT to add mf to a shield or weapon, you need to add IST runes.

10. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

I got a PUL from my NM forge quest yesterday hehe...
    I plan to run another account's char in another computer to get several forge quest... is it feasible? how many hours to rush a char from normal to hell forge?