Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newbie WearBear Needs AzureWrath Socketing Help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Zapptilda, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Zapptilda

Zapptilda IncGamers Member

Newbie WearBear Needs AzureWrath Socketing Help

I have a lvl 85 sc ladder wearbear on USWEST who is just now using a recently acquired azurewrath sword. Whoohoo! (Sorry about that, but I can’t believe my good fortune.)

His sword’s relevant stats are :
    One-Hand Damage: 108 - 122
    Base Weapon Speed: -30
    (Using the weapon speed calculator, this means he has a 7 frame attack speed doing 3.5 attacks per second with the extra25% ias needed coming from his equipment)
    +230-270% Enhanced Damage
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
    Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)

While holding the sword and with maul fully charged up, Muggsie gets 1417-2052 damage per attack.

So my dilemna is what do I socket it with. I have no options re socketing his other equipment because I plan on maxing his resistances through them. So at this point I have three choices :
    1. Socket it with a shael (20% ias) to get 6 fpa with 4.1 aps which means a minimum of 4.1*1417 = 5809 damage per second
    2. Socket it with a an eth (- 25% to target defence) which means ???
    3. Socket it with an ohm (50% enhanced damage) with the 7fpa this means a minimum of (3.5*1417) * 50% = 7438 damage per second

I used this weapon calculator to help :
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

Could someone please check the math (I have no idea if I applyed it correctly) and comment on this? Assuming I get an ohm, is it my best option? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I think your math might be off a little for the Ohm. That 50% damage increase will only be applied to the physical damage on the sword....so your actually doing a base damage of 1417 - 250 magic - 250 cold = 917 physical. As for actually figuring out the damage increase with an ohm....I'm not very good at D2 math.

Let's see 108 base damage means the ed on the sword is about 250% so
    add 50% from ohm = 300%

Phase blade base damage 31-35 * 300% = 124-144

Now figure out your maul ed and you should see what your damage is. My guess is the sheal will be a better option, both because it would do more damage and because you can save that ohm for something else.

*Once again my D2 math is not great, just trying to help*

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think a Shael would be your best bet. If, however, an IAS jewel will still hit 6 frames for you, go with that.

Good luck!

Oh, and since I've never seen you before...

Welcome to the Druid Forum!!! :D :D :D

4. Zapptilda

Zapptilda IncGamers Member

Thanks guys, ur right ... probably best to go with the shael and save the ohm for one of those cool rune words.

See yah in Hell!
    - - Terri :lol:

5. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

If you can afford an ohm, then you should trade the ohm for a modder type ( this is without shealing taken into consideration)

here are some options for you:

Lo rune, deadly strike, doubles damage, a good thing

Ber rune : crushing blow, for pvm, this tears down the super hp monsters

um rune : open wounds with a level 85 does like 1.5k unresistable damage over 8 seconds

give me the ohm rune and I will get you a nice 6 socket phase with 6*sheal in it :lol: