Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Frundsmb, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Frundsmb

Frundsmb IncGamers Member

Newbie Questions

Hello,

I'm not sure what the following mean and it sure would be helpful to know:
    BvC
    BvB
    Sorbing
    Desynch
    fpa
    nk-ing
    bm
    6/4/4/4/4 or 7/4/4/4/4 etc.

1) Also, would I be better off with a Tombreaver for my 2h and a grief phase blade for my 1h with a fury/rabies druid? Should I go with a Botd great poleaxe for the 2h? I need to know what the best would be.

2) If my fury doesn't benefit from Highlord's IAS, all I get from it is the 37% deadly strike? Would I be better off with a perfect Mara's? That way I get an extra skill, 5 points to all attributes, and 30 resists!

3) Enigma or Bramble? Enigma would get me the awesome FR/W and a lot of strength, but bramble would increase my rabies damage by 50%! I don't care about Enigma's 8% Damage reduction b/c I already have 50% damage reduction from other items. Of course, Enigma would give me the +2 skills, but 50% increased poison damage means more damage than +2 to every skill, doesn't it?

4) I hate putting anything into strength or dexterity, I love going all vitality on my characters. But I know I need max block for the rabies/fury druid. So I plan on adding to dexterity. Will I have to end up putting a few points into strength to use those awesome weapons in the end-game? I'm trying to find a way to get enough +str from items, but it doesn't look good!

Thanks to anyone who takes the time in answering my questions.. I appreciate it!

Frundsmb

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

check out this thread too help out with some of the slang words
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=127257

If you only have the funds too afford one armor id get enigma , otherwise both work good if you can get both.

I usaully go with around 90-100 base strength on my werewolves with a decent anni+ torch this should be enough too use most gear.

3. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

BvC : Barb vs caster

BvB : Barb vs Barb

Sorbin : absorb, a type of bad manners vs elemental attacks (since it absorbs a good portion of the damage)

Desynch : Basically using lag to your advantage in a duel, it has to do with desynching from the server so the other person you are dueling never see's the attack happen.

fpa : Frame per attack

nk-ing : Naked Killing

bm : Bad manners

6/4/4/4/4 or 7/4/4/4/4 etc. the 6/4/4/4 is the intial blow ie 6 and following blows from a fury 4. This is measured in frames per attack, Ie 6 frames per attack and 4 frames per attack. Basically its how fast you attack 6/4/4/4 being slightly faster (though not much).

1) Also, would I be better off with a Tombreaver for my 2h and a grief phase blade for my 1h with a fury/rabies druid? Should I go with a Botd great poleaxe for the 2h? I need to know what the best would be.

A.) Tomb reaver hits 6/4/4/4 or 7/4/4/4 frames where botd is 8/5/5/5 (which is alot slower and can mean the difference between victory and loss). I always pick ebotzd over grief since I seem to win more with it (also, ebotzd has a range of 3 while grief a range of 2).

in conclusion the best 2 hander is Ethereal 3 socket tomb reaver (280 base enhanced damage) with 2 X 40/15's and 1 zod. Good luck finding that because I still haven't and I am rich and a day 1 er. My best 3 socket eth tomby was base damage 230ish.

Ebotzd is the best 1 hander because of range 3 and it seems to out damage grief (well in my tests at least).

2) If my fury doesn't benefit from Highlord's IAS, all I get from it is the 37% deadly strike? Would I be better off with a perfect Mara's? That way I get an extra skill, 5 points to all attributes, and 30 resists!

A.) the reason why deadly strike is so important is it effectively doubles your damage (meaning you kick *** twice as much). The 20 ias is useless but 37% chance to deal double damage always beats +2 to skills.

If you are having trouble with resists you should seek other items like, 20 life/5 res all small charms or 5 frw/ 5 res all small charms.

3) Enigma or Bramble? Enigma would get me the awesome FR/W and a lot of strength, but bramble would increase my rabies damage by 50%! I don't care about Enigma's 8% Damage reduction b/c I already have 50% damage reduction from other items. Of course, Enigma would give me the +2 skills, but 50% increased poison damage means more damage than +2 to every skill, doesn't it?

A.) This depends on your build and who you are dueling. If you are a fury/rabies hybrid then its more on, who are you dueling. If you are going against casters and they keep porting away from you the frw could be very important. If you are against a melee and all you need to do is bite them once and run away then the 50% poison damage is better. Like I said it all depends on who you are fighting.

Side note: My one major complaint with fury/rabies druids is they dont have enough space for all the switch gear I would want to use.

4) I hate putting anything into strength or dexterity, I love going all vitality on my characters. But I know I need max block for the rabies/fury druid. So I plan on adding to dexterity. Will I have to end up putting a few points into strength to use those awesome weapons in the end-game? I'm trying to find a way to get enough +str from items, but it doesn't look good!

A.) You have to remember with the oak spirit and lycanthropy wolves can easily hit 6k+ life. A wolf with perfect item setup and skill distribution, can be anywhere from 9k to 11k life. You will have to put points into str and dex, though this really depends on what items you have and are going to use in the build. Its really hard to say how much. But I would say yes you will have to put a few points in str and alot more in dex, while most of your points go to vit.

Well good luck and have fun with the build.

4. Frundsmb

Thanks to the both of you! Your answers were very helpful. Appreciate it. But one last question:

In order to get 9k - 11k life, would I need to need max Oak Sage? I was leaning towards maxing Werewolf and leaving the Oak Sage at one point. What would you recommend?

5. Frundsmb

If I have a 3 socketed, non-ethereal Tomb Reaver, what would be the best rune/jewel combination to put in it?

6. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

You would first off need: 9 X 45 life/ shape shift charms, 11 times 20 vit small charms and p anni + p torch.

Oak would have to be maxed as well as lycanthrope. Also, you would have to be lvl 97 +

40/15+40/15 + lo rune (for 25% more deadly strike).