Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newbie question regarding Critical Strike

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by StrongBadder, Apr 4, 2005.

1. StrongBadder

StrongBadder IncGamers Member

Newbie question regarding Critical Strike

Hey,

I just barely bought Diablo 2 and the expansion and have created an amazon. I searched the forums but did not see an answer to the question of whether Critical strike has an animation upon activating. I can never tell if it is hitting. I currently have about 40% Critical Strike, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also does it critical all of the damage or only the physical damage. Thanks for the help

2. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

the crit does help :)

i think theres a little animation on the monsters, but you really have to look for it :) it helps on phys dam only

3. StrongBadder

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look more carefully for the animation then. Any idea what type of animation critical strike makes?

4. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

I don't think there is an animation for Critical Strike. You don't have to activate it. The skill becomes a part of your character and allows her physical damage to be doubled ever so often based on that percent.

And welcome to Forum.

Just curious, are you using a bow? Or a javaline or something else?

5. StrongBadder

Thanks for the replies. I knew that Critical Strike was passive, but it just never seemed to be doing double damage. Right now I am doing single player and using a bow. I am using just a unique battle bow i gambled for (i am only level 28). so the overall damage is still pretty low. Is there a way to take items from one solo character and put them on another? Thanks for the help.

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

well if you're using the unique "battle bow" .. i would assume you mean either stormstrike (i think its called) or wizendraw .. both of which have low physical damage but add damage in other ways. however, the critical strike will only double your physical damage, so it will be hardly noticeable.

also, i dont think critical strike has an animation either. and its pretty hard to tell when it triggers, since even if you keep your mouse on the monster to view its health, if it drops quickly, you could just be hitting near your max damage everytime.

but it is still very useful. so use it. :D

i believe there is something called ATMA that lets you mule single player, i dont play sp though so im not sure. you might wanna check the single player forum

gl n hf. :xirish:

7. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

as hulla says, there is an animation effect when you get a critical strike - its like a small flash.