Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newbie in here! ^^

Discussion in 'PvP' started by w-igor, Mar 31, 2005.

1. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Newbie in here! ^^

Hi,
    im sooo new in pvp...

I want a GOOD pvp'er. I cant buy enigma ect, so i dont want any pvp'ers who need it much. Can you pls tell me some of THE BEST pvp chars? I love sorcs... hate druids... so no dru pls, others are ok :)
    I saw those many strategies here, but i dont know wich of those are the best.
    Can you help me pls? :)

ps. sry, if that kind of topics were here, and sry for my english

2. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

1st off every build can get creamed by some other build.
    2nd off PvP is for the Uber wealthy only... seriously I'm not being offensive here, but if you want to duel in pubbies/private dueling leagues, most people have over 50 High Runes worth of gear and charms.

If you want to start off dueling, try a ironman competetion or somthing like that, and if you were serious about dueling with bleh gear, get a Bliz sorc and go for 105 FCR, you should do ok with it... I know I can :D

Final not if you are not a caster, it's almost a guarentee that you HAVE to wear enigma (Barb vs Barb excluded).

3. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Maybe one of those 50-high-rune-guys will help me with items pls? :)

But well... i dont want to be world champion in duels. I just want a good char who will defeat those guys who tell "come noobs! Duel!" on "act1 norm" games :)
    I just want to have fun...

But to be rich, im making my mf sorc now. She is lv63. But she is almost naked, no good items :(

One more thing - blizz sorc is good at pvp? Cause i think i can make my mf a bit pvp. Shes 0 dex, but ill fight sorcs then :) What do u think about blizz sorcs?

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Blizzard sorceresses are very good for PvP...although if their damage is heavily resisted/absorbed they can't really do anything...this however is a common problem for most caster type characters:(

5. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

I use my bliz sorc to pubby duel, she has standard MF gear (and a arach/wizardspike in the stash). She wins about 1/2 the good mannered duels she enters.
    Just make sure you max cold mastery before ice bolt; and don't forget that Ice Blast can deal some decent damage if they aren't stacking/absorbing.
    I actually beat a poorly made fireball sorc with just iceblast today :D

Remember in dueling, max resists and getting to the 105 FCR rate are the 2 most important things for a bliz sorc.

General strategy:
    Vs casters (Fireball sorcs, necros, orbers, teleport about (randomly) until you get a feel for their teleport (most people have a pattern), then throw a blizzard down and some iceblasts near where you think they will be; get ready to teleport away if they read what you were doing.
    VS melee: Teleport twice and drop a bliz behind you... rinse and repeat, it usually works in pubbies.
    VS misc: Well I havn't been able to beat: Shaman, Singer, and windy.. and if chargers desync I'm done so I just wanted to say GL with those duels (and if anyone has advice please let me know :D)

6. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

Are you talkin about having 50 ladder high runes, because on non-ladder, 50 high runes wouldnt go very far in making a pvp char. :D