Newbie help

Throtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Newbie help

Hey guys....

I'm an old Diablo 2 player, I played pre-expansion and then after the expansion.

I never played the game the right way, always had someone rush me then sat in cow levels(But hey, thats what everyone used to do right?). But now I'm playing the game the right way with some friends of mine.

I was just wondering a few things now that I'm playing the right way with some friends of mine.

1. How does the exp system for parties work? And by that I mean the range of the exp basically, how close do you have to be to get shared exp from monsters?

2. Is there a website that will show me what bosses drop what items?

3. Is there a link or something somewhere on these forums that will tell me what all the acronyms you guys use mean? I tried to read posts to learn some things about the game, but you all use acronyms that I have no clue what they mean. :undecided:

4. Where should I be leveling at level 44 and as a Paladin? And is there a leveling guide somewhere?

I know these are pretty newbie questions, but back in the day, no one actually played the game the right way, it was all about the high level duels and the games labeled:

"40 SOJS FOR WINDFORCE" :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance guys :D

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
1. You must be within 2 screens of a death to recieve exp.
2. Download ATMA. Look in the single player forum.
3. Look in the newcomer forum sticky.
4. NM I guess. There's a table in the straegy comp. http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512 NM baal runs would the fastest, but anywhere in NM will give good exp.

Throtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for the shameless bump, but I couldn't find the edit post button? O_O_O_O

But I was wondering what the new currency was? When I played it was SOJs, are they still the currency used for big trades? Or has something new came along?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Throtic said:
Sorry for the shameless bump, but I couldn't find the edit post button? O_O_O_O
It's located right next to the reply button. You can only edit within an hour of your post.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
But I was wondering what the new currency was? When I played it was SOJs, are they still the currency used for big trades? Or has something new came along?

Depends on what realm you're on, and whether it's ladder or nonladder. On East NL, sojs are still the currency, while on L they're HR's (high runes)