Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newb uber run questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BewareOfLag, Jul 31, 2010.

1. BewareOfLag

BewareOfLag IncGamers Member

Newb uber run questions

just some general questions...

i'd like to finally try doing uber runs, but i'm not really interested in a smiter or hammerdin. and from what i read, for the most part, sorc's without an infinity merc arent much good for them. so i just wanted to see if there was a possibility of getting a character that could run them without super expensive gear. my highest rune right now is gul, if that gives you an idea of where im at :crazyeyes:

if its outta the question, thats fine, but what kind of items should i be mfing for to trade for some of the upper level runes so i can get the gear i need? with the ladder season still being a bit young, trade values have been hard for me to figure out. but then again, maybe my mf characters are the problem to begin with?

i was thinking along the lines of a paladin (conviction or holy freeze/holy shock), a WW barb, or really just anything other than smiters or hammerdins. but if those are the only classes/builds that can legitimately run ubers, so be it, i'll move on.

but in any case, some tips on what to look for to trade for high runes would be appreciated. i currently run pits, keys, countess, and occasionally the cave (my main MF char is CL/FO sorc so fire immune archers is appealing). honestly ive had the most luck with runes in the arcane sanctuary of all places (2 mals), but it seems good gear is the way to go rather than trying to find the HR itself.

2. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

Re: Newb uber run questions

Summoner necro is good for Ubers, check the necro forum for tips. Basically, you beef your merc as much as possible, then load up on urdars-enough crushing blow with a good merc=dead ubers.

I've never heard of hammerdins being good for ubers and I KNOW 99.9% of sorcs will get WASTED by them, with an infinity merc or not (Mephistos conviction aura will cancel out your mercs). Ubers and their minions have MASSIVE resists so any elemental spell is virtually useless.

The easiest things to get for HRs are PGems and keys. 40 pgems/2 or 3 keysets=1 HR. Good luck.

3. Chromesto

Chromesto IncGamers Member

Smiter doesn't need much for UT. I've done it with Wizardspike, Guillaume's Face, Smoke (on Mage Plate), Some random resist amulet, low Raven Frost, random resists ring, Herald of Zakarum, Dracul's Grasp (this one is important), Verdungo and Goblin Toe. Random Life Tap charge wand on the weapon swap. I'll also precast Fade with random treachery before entering Tristram. With Battle Orders the actual Tristram is really easy even for this gear setup but I could imagine that it's doable even without high BO (though it might be a lot harder).

Organs are really slow to get unless you'll have a friend who will do the teleporting for you. Especially Lilith gives troubles as those ranged flying monsters are nasty with their high damage. (I teleport in and clean the area from those with my firesorc before killing Lilith with my Smiter.) Duriel and Izual are easy.

4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

You can do UT very cheaply on a smiter (or a kicker/wolf for that matter), ignore all the kiddies that tell you that you must be wearing Fortitude, Exile, Grief / LW etc.

There are bundles of threads covering cheap UT builds, generally speaking get:
    Guillaume Helm
    Draculs Grasp Gloves (or a Life Tap wand on switch)
    Goblin Toe boots or Gore riders

stack resists, ensure Life Tap is happening, hit fast, loot torch.

As to what is worth what - check the stickies in the trades values forum, generally speaking if an item is not mentioned in the stickies it's not worth keeping.

@Intellectsucks
    So I'd assume OP is playing ladder, in which case pgems for hr's is going to take months to do :).

5. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Gores
    Guillame's
    Dracul's
    Sanctuary / low zaka / palashield with res and pdiamonds
    "Black" rw in a flail
    raven + rare ring with life + resist
    Amulet with resists
    Lifetap wand on switch.

Works charms.