Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newb type question on set bonus vs high kick damage boots

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by terflit, Feb 5, 2004.

1. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Newb type question on set bonus vs high kick damage boots

Hi all,

Currently I am finishing tweaking out my kick sin to mainly duel and help tank for mf runs. I use full nats set minus the boots so i miss out on the following bonuses...

Complete Set Bonus
    +3 To Assassin Skill Levels
    +350 Defense
    14% Life Stolen Per Hit
    14% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    All Resistances +50
    Damage Reduced by 30% (Awesome!)
    Magic Damage Reduced By 15
    Fade*

I was wondering your oppinions if I should switch from my upped gore riders which do well over 100 kick damage, life tap, open wounds etc. for nats boots which only do like 25-50 kick damage...

I do have a problem with resist in hell fire and cold are low, but otherwise im ok.

One last question is can you use the Ko + Lem + Pdiamond to upgrade set items such as nats boots, then they would probably rock! :D

2. Skythe

Skythe IncGamers Member

life tap on gores? :rolleyes:

cant upgrade set items ;)

3. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Thanks, I must have been thinking of the life tap on my gloves... So overall nats set not worth it?

I was thinking maybe the ll and ml and other bonuses and +3 skills would make up for lower kick damage mostly by leaching in pvp? (also with a string of ears and ll gloves and rings)

4. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Calculate the damage of Myrmidion Greaves and level X dragon talon versus Mesh Boots (Nat's set boots) and level X+3 dragon talon.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Myrmidion Greaves will win.

5. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

One more thing with 2 7% ll rings, string of ears, 7% ll gloves, and the 14% ll from the complete nats set thats over 40% ll per hit and at 6 kicks per attack does this make up for lost kick damage? Also how well does it work pvp and is there a cap like on physical damage reduction....

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If you go for a kicker there's only 1 option. And that's a pair of myrmidon boots. Anything lower and your kick dmg will suffer.

7. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Yes but what about the life leach question, no one has answered this yet and I dont know where to find the info. Is ll essentially as good/better than kick damage? And if u are meleeing a barb for instance you may be able to stand there and leach back life and let your poisin do the work, with full set reduced damage and resistances....

PS: I use upgraded gores now, I will try full nats set tonight against a barb I know and report results tommorow. I would like to know how well ll works against pvp though...

8. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

29% LL and 1200 kick dmg vs 43% LL and 700 kick dmg.

348 life leeched with each hit with first combo. 301 with the second. This is ofcourse without the pvp penalty and %DR reduction. If your oponent has 50% DR the life leeched back will be 1/12 lower. Which results in 29 and 25 life leeched with each hit. So lots of LL won't do you any good at all.

9. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Thank you, I most certanly didnt understand that correctly before!

10. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Keep in mind that the 1200 and 700 is more an aprox dmg you will do (physical part). My kicker did around 700 dmg with excep gore's. And I've heard ppl say they got 1200 kick dmg with elite gore's too. (when ladder is finished I can test out how much dmg with elite gore's I will have. :)

11. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Aha so you speak from first hand experience lol Well I think I may wear nats boots for pvm and Gores for pvp. I will do some experementing tonight and see what works best for me. I am thinking some plus 9 and other mods to minimum damage would be a little help for the nats boots (plus I have like 400 psn damage charms i carry) My main problem is resist in hell, with full nats the bonuses would allow me to stand and kick baal/diablo and not take hardly any damage (although i am doing less damage to them) it will prob. take longer to kill but be a safer build I am hopeing. :bonk:

12. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Chains of honor is a really nice armor if you need resist.

Chains of Honor
    4 Socket Body Armor
    Dol + Um + Ber + Ist
    +2 To All Skills
    +200% Damage To Demons
    +100% Damage To Undead
    8% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +70% Enhanced Defense
    +20 To Strength
    Replenish Life +7
    All Resistances +65
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

It's not that cheap , but it's worth every rune. Together with an Um harlequin you have 80% all resist already. Combine this with a Jade talon as 2nd claw and anya resist quests and you have at least 150% resist. up to 160% if you have a 50% resist Jade. Mara's (deadly strike does nothing with kicks) adds another 20-30% , so you have 170-190% resist with such an equipment.

13. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Love chains

My kicker uses COH and I just love em :)

14. terflit

terflit IncGamers Member

Well I tried both boots against a barb I know who just stood there untill I killed him :D and the gore riders seemed to kill slightly faster. My kick damage went down from 711-1200 with upped gores to 411-700 with the nats boots. However in pvm the life leach was great if only 1-2 people were in a baal run I could stand in any pack of minions and use the 42% ll per hit and almost never need a hp. However when I was in a 7-8 person baal run the ll didnt cut it and I still would die on occasion....

I ended up getting a free Shaftstop armor from a buddy and I plan to up it and socket it and go that route for now.

PS: What is your defense I can never get mine that high with a sin, I use storm shield shaftstop nats helm, upped gore riders, daculs gloves and mine is still only around 2k defense :(

15. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Shaftstop has really low defence for a prime time armor, that's always bugged me about it.

16. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

Upgrade the Shaftstop....

I agree with Lunatic, though. You must use Myrmidon Greaves to do damage; there is no other option. Ditch the Nat's set, and equip yourself with the other equipment solutions mentioned if you can. I highly recommend Fade as a solution as well, since it provides DR and resists, which allows more freedom to use better kick oriented gear that doesn't provide the resists you need. Upgraded gore riders take up the boot slot, which is traditionally a slot for resists, but have no resists on them.

As for the life leech from Nat's full set, 14% isn't going to do anything for your in PVP, not to mention hell difficulty PVM. Kickers NEED Dracul's Grasp gloves for the 5% chance to cast Life Tap, which provides 50% Life Leech. The curse goes off ALL the time and when combined with the stun from mind blast, dying is a unique experience unto itself. Life tap also let's you leech off the undead, such as those blasted Souls and Gloams that everyone adores in the WorldStone Keep. Thus, with 75% res lightning, CoS, Mindblast stun and Life tap they don't stand a chance if you take things slow.

17. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Not everyone plays on ladder. Just like I knew they would, dupes found their way to ladder, so I'm glad I didn't waste my time starting over.

Also, life tap overrides cloak of shadows, so it's not as great as it sounds. All of a sudden 8.3/20 yards of your cloaking vanishes and you've got monsters on you all of a sudden so you had better have invested heavily in mind blast if you use those gloves.