newb sorc help

StryderBio

Diabloii.Net Member
newb sorc help

well i used to play alot of sorcs in .09, and just came back into d2x about a week ago

so naturally i went to paladins (my favorite race)

but now seeing how i cant stand the cookie-cutting hammerdin and my avenger really cant cut it anymore ill try my other fav class the sorc

i have no equipmetn but i have lil to trade so i may be able to get smting

(i have full sigon and full mila and stuff like that)

i read monk's guide and thank you, ill probally go cl/fo sorc seeing how its something ive never done and sounds fun

i just have a few questions?

1) what in the world is the pits?

2) seeing how im poor, is it smart to do nm meph for awhile til i can accumalate some wealth then go to hell mfing?

ill probally have some more questions soon but my head just went blank.

-Stryd

m0nk

Diabloii.Net Member
StryderBio said:
i just have a few questions?

1) what in the world is the pits?

2) seeing how im poor, is it smart to do nm meph for awhile til i can accumalate some wealth then go to hell mfing?

ill probally have some more questions soon but my head just went blank.

-Stryd
1) Tamoe Highland Cave sub area - Use Outer Cloister WP and TP back into Tamoe. Follow the path. If you enter Black March, retrace and take the other path in the road. One of the 2 roads leads to The Pit.

2) Yes, NM Meph, NM Baal and Hell Andy are excellent places to start MFing for equipment. If you use CL/FO remember it's important to get +8 Lightning skills for Hell mode. The Lightning tree needs it. You can survive with less but it makes a huge difference.

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi StryderBio

I've been a sorc recently and wouldn't want to dissuade you from sorcs, but you might like to try an Elemental Ranger, they got a huge damage boost from the patch in terms of now getting synergies. I don't make cookie-cutters either so for my paladins I started a Priest and a Fanatic Avenger :D

StryderBio

Diabloii.Net Member
to use the synergy bonus u must use vengance which therefore means ur an avenger

i have an elemental zealot right now (hybrid between avenger and zealot) and its ok but better when sorcs r around. but ill finish a sorc first

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sorry I wrote the wrong thing.

(I never beleived in the old Elemental Ranger build, it was far too equipment based for my taste)

I meant try using Holy Freeze/Holy Shock with a bow and maxing the res auras for synergy bonus.