Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newb Q

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Aaroniekins, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Aaroniekins

Aaroniekins IncGamers Member

Newb Q

Hey im a newb, playin a week now
    Ive read alot here and ive gone for a skellymancer, pure summon (skels and later on ill maybe go for a bone spell but we'll see..concentrating on summon right now)

Ive accumilated about 80% Magic find, found a nagel rign and so on at diablo
    Im on act 1 NM right now and im lvl 35.5
    Ive been trying to get necro items, but not sure if theres any good place to get em
    Im looking mainly for the King Loeric wand, and a "shako"
    Any ideas where i should try and magic find?

2. -=Slaye]2=-

-=Slaye]2=- IncGamers Member

Well I at first thought the same thing as you. Trying to get as much MF as I could to find those good items. However I learned that it's better to survive the game first. I read alot here and asked for advice too. Good resistances is a must. You will find good stuff as you play along. The NPC's sell nice wands with +3 to summoning skills wich can really be helpfull.

There are also plenty of trophy's or zombie heads that drop with + all resistances and skills. Also pickup expensive items that drop so you can gamble for a good amulet or ring now and then. Orb's, maces wands stuff like that are often worth alot of money when you sell them to the NPC's. It's been my experience that you can wear alot of magic find but not find that much good stuff. With the 213 % I was wearing, I was finding alot of rares but hardly any uniques. There are diminishing returns here. And I currently have only a gheed fortune charm with 36% MF and I found more unique already then with the lots of MF.

Also pickup those gems and flawless gems and cube them to perfect. It's very easy to get perfect gems that way. They are extremely usefull for socketing a good item you find. Also pickup ALL runes you find. You can upgrade them to better runes. Try to find socketed items and make good effective runewords. I'm also poor and have nothing to start with. I started this build untwinked and now have atleast some stuff to get me further.

Look for cube recipes and runewords on http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/
    Now what I'm planning is finish the game. Then try to get real good stuff by doing pindle, shenk, meph, baal runs in hell. I really advice you to do the same.

3. Aaroniekins

Humm!!
    Thats the prob im havin, i needed help for diablo cause he tore my skeletons down after 1 minute
    baal was a complete ownage, he killed my skellys and i had no bodies for more!!
    QUestin is usually no prob till the bosses
    As for drops, i barely get good drops...ive had one unique sorc staff drop, thats it

4. -=Slaye]2=-

-=Slaye]2=- IncGamers Member

If you have problems with Diablo it's almost always because of lack of resist for your minions. Do you have a few points in summon resist? It's really needed to keep your skellies alive a bit longer. Also use the clay golem to tank for your army. And decrepify Diablo during the fight. It'll keep him nice and slow. On top of that the clay golem slows him even further. If the golem is about to die, resummon him. Keep decrepping Diablo to keep him slow. It might seem hard but it's really pretty easy.

It's best to cast the clay golem opposite of your main fighting army. That way Diablo will concentrate his fire on the golem and your skellies will live.

5. Aaroniekins

i have lvl 1 resist...i just finished maxin out RS, now goin for maybe 3-4 pts in resist then ill finish the mastery off (i think its at like 9 right now)

6. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

don't forget 1 point in Clay golem and golem mastery. You'll want 1 point in all the curses except the AI curses on the left of the tree. In hell the AI curses loose a lot of their duration. So you are either going to put a few points in one or 2 of them or leave them alone.

Decrep + Clay golem = bosses who hardly move. Depending upon the level of the golem (increase with +skill, don't put hard points into him) and the animation of the bosses attacks some bosses aren't able to attack at all i.e. Mephisto *slowly* raises his hands up to smack your minions then abruptly returns to standing still, in my case he is unable to finish the animation for his melee attack. However he can still cast his poison. Diablo's melee is also useless, and best of all his snakey lightning and ground lightning animations are aborted. He can still do his fire ring thing.