Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

newb necro, question for runeword wands and heads

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ToadFaerie, Feb 4, 2004.

1. ToadFaerie

ToadFaerie IncGamers Member

newb necro, question for runeword wands and heads

I am returning to D2, last time I played was before the expansion, so I am ignorant of runewords.

If I have a wand with + to skills that I particularly like, or a shrunken head with + to skills that I like, and I do the rune-word thing to them, do the +skills get removed or rerolled? Thanks.

2. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

As far as I know, ALL base stats are kept when you runeword an item, so if it has the variable +skills on it, those stay.

3. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

arreats summit has the combos for all the runewords you might want to checkit out...

Now +skill mods on white items will remain and be added into the rune word... class specific items obviously take this advantage into account...

white runeword mods added ontop of wand with +3 spear will make total spear +8... etc...

So find an item that you like and rune away... Remember only white items can be runeworded... blues, yellow, green, gold, only rune mods will be added.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

technically, the only runewords you have available for class specific are White and Rhyme (I suppose you could do a Strength runeword in a wand...).

5. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

By class specific I meant the item not the rune word... Ie wands, staffs, scepters, barb helms.... those will have class specific mods which the rune word mods will be added...