Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

newb(kinda) questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by SilverChuckles, Apr 17, 2005.

1. SilverChuckles

SilverChuckles IncGamers Member

newb(kinda) questions

After more then a two year break I have decided to start playing again and had a few questions. Since I have alsolutely nothing at all, what would be the best way to start getting some better items, and if mfing is the way to go what is the best class for this? When I quit playing 80% of all characters were either sorc/zon/or barb because they were the best, what are the best classes now and what skills are good? What is the deal with people asking for "runes", do they mean any rune or just the better ones? and lastly what is the difference between ladder vs non-ladder? Thanks for any help!

2. red.13

red.13 IncGamers Member

1. It's really hard to say which class is the best. I think every player has to choose the class he really likes - if you want to be some kind of summoner, choose necromancer; spamming all the place with fireballs is your style - take sorceres. If you want more info about each class you can always visit class forums. Simply try all the classes and feel the type of each character - after a few tries you will know.

2. If you would like to know more of MF please take a look at those:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/magicfind.shtml
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=532
    http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/magic-find.shtml

As far as MF is concerned I think that Sorceress is the best class, but really - other classes (as nerco for example) are also good in MF'ing; actually it depends mostly on the particular build.

3. I do not know what classes are the most popular on battle.net but basing on forum 'flow' I would say: paladins.

4. Runes...zod...:D. Runes literally give you powa :). I mean you can use them in various ways: make rune words which can be VERY good (take a look at Breath of the Dying (BotD) for instance), put seperate runes into items to make them better (even much better) and for example create some blood / caster etc. items. There are about 30 runes (33 to be exact) and acquiring the top ones is utterly hard and you have to spend a LOT of time (many ppl will simply never see a zod - I mean they won't find it). If someone is asking for runes I think that maybe he wants to convert a pack of lower runes into higher ones (horadric cube recipe)?

5. I will try to explain the ladder thigie but do not flame me if I fail to say everything. The biggest difference is the 'flush' (as I call it) - after some period of time all characters are 'flushed' and nothing is left behind. This make the game free of bored players with uber lewt 99lvl etc. :). After each season the best players are posted on some kind of board. Obviously non-ladder and ladder chracters play on different 'realms'. During the game you will notice mostly two thing (while playing ladder ofc): you will be able to get better items (mainly uniques) and you will also face harder & tougher mobs (I think the main differences are between hell mobs).

6. Welcome back and have fun :thumbsup:

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Just to clarify, when a ladder season ends, all ladder characters are moved to non-ladder, not deleted. It just sounded abit wierd, that's all.

By this he means there are certain uniques and runewords that you can only get on ladder. Also, there are cube recipes that can only be performed by a ladder character (like upgrading an exceptional unique to an elite unique).

I've never heard of the monsters being any stronger on ladder, though?

4. red.13

red.13 IncGamers Member

That's true as far as I know. Take a look at this site and notice the (L) in the Hell Diablo row:
    http://www.d2data.net/monster/Diablo.html

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

The monsters in hell difficulty are more difficult on ladder.

6. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

I guess I learn a new thing every day.

7. red.13

red.13 IncGamers Member

Thats why this forum is really needed :).