New Witch Doctor Gameplay Video!!

Ztryder

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: New Witch Doctor Gameplay Video!!

Oh whoops, my bad! Sorry guys. I just remember the witch-doctor part when he is out in the jungle area, not in the dark area.

Linuspinus

Diabloii.Net Member

is there any possibility to try this game or get ur hands on a beta in some kind of way?

Ztryder

Diabloii.Net Member

Hrm, come to think of it, it is new. This footage is not in the 19 minute gameplay demo that I downloaded.

havedeath

Diabloii.Net Member

This is seperate footage of the witchdoctor inside the building area that wasnt in the main demo video.

lionheart

Diabloii.Net Member

This one made him look way better then the one in the jungle, at least i liked it more

Sequitur

Diabloii.Net Member

Not earthshattering, but great none-the-less. Witchy is definitely pwning hard. Nice.

KiLLJOi

Diabloii.Net Member

On that fireblast skill, the voice over said in the demo video that it was "slow but powerful" did he mean there is a cool down timer on the skill or that his character might not have had enough fcr? what do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure its timed but I wouldn't mind opinions, I love that skill

SlechtWeerBeer

Diabloii.Net Member

He meant a slow moving projectile. Takes a while to land, and quick monsters can easily dodge it from a decent range.

Bad Ash

Diabloii.Net Member
New WD Movie, does it change your opinion?

I dont know who has seen and who hasnt, but a new gameplay WD video was shown on the main page that is all Witch Doctor. Heres the link in case you missed it...

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Diablo_3_Gameplay_6_29_08/

Now, I was never a hater, but i was never a fan of the Witch Doctor either. I think it was more of a "well, I dont think id make my first char the necro either...so i dont mind." After this video, I dont know, I think he looks pretty cool. I probably wont make him my first char (sorc lover for life!) but this gameplay i think makes him seem a lot cooler then he does in gameplay demo.

Also, what do you guys think that new skill is? It looks like a Soul steal? It looks cool! :)

Mythor

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: New WD Movie, does it change your opinion?

Not really a new gameplay video, they've just put together all the skill videos from the official site's Witch Doctor class page.

I like the locust swarm skill thingy. Wish I could have it now and go to Moo Moo Farm. :)

lionheart

Diabloii.Net Member

Yea i saw this, somebody posted it in the WD forum. I liked this video, somehow he seemed much stronger. And is it my opinion or does the fire bomb look much more powerful in this one?

Bad Ash

Diabloii.Net Member

it was new gameplay though with the witch doctor doing some more melee attacks vs. straight up spells. It does seem like a powerful char, but i wonder if its amped up for the video demo or not

Darkie

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure all of the videos released so far were done against extremely low level monsters for the sake of showing off everything. They all die in one hit.

sicilian

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure all of the videos released so far were done against extremely low level monsters for the sake of showing off everything. They all die in one hit.
Agreed. I'm sure the skills are going to scale in the actual game better than are shown.

Locust swarm is essentially what Rabies was for the Druid. Good for smaller, low hit point enemies, but not very efficient against bosses or tougher enemies.

I would bet though, that the more points you put into things like Firebomb, the bigger and more impressive the effect becomes.