Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Zons: Merc choice-Tank Priority

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Rewen, Jan 30, 2004.

?

Chatroom?

1. Yes - I would consistently drop by the chatroom if there were people in it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - That's not the reason I don't go in the chatroom.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. *Pets the monkey* To which I reply "MONKEY SERIUOS, MONKEY SERIOUS!!!!!"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rewen

Rewen IncGamers Member

New to Zons: Merc choice-Tank Priority

From your varied experiences concerning a mercs Tanking ability and overall boost to gameplay, what have you guys found to be most efficient? For Hardcore different than softcore? I'm debating on the three choices above cept might, probly wont go might for my current hardcore char but I thought I'd include it, as a high leach might merc would prolly be good as a sloid tank in most cases.

-Bb-

2. det

det IncGamers Member

I voted others, for your Valkyre is your best tank.

LS/CS javazon: Valk and A3 icemerc
    Plaque/Poison javazon: Valk and A3 icemerc
    Immo/MS bowazon: HF merc
    FA/Strafezon: Mightmerc.

Those are combinations I have been playing with and fared quite well. (hardcore, that is)

3. Rewen

Rewen IncGamers Member

Ya, I almost called this thread:Merc choice-Valk's lil' Helper. :xgrin:

I'm makin' a sniperzon atm...Keep em slowed or add to my defense is my basic problem with this I think. I'm not sure which will be safer all around. I have very limited experiance with holy freeze mercs.

Thanks for the beakdown, there det.:cool:

-Bb-

4. det

det IncGamers Member

With my FA MS zon (and my Frenzy Barb) in 1.09 I had this l'il problem where everybody was dead before the HF aura stuck, so I went for Might merc. But of course, a might merc has limited use if you attack mainly with elemental damage (okay, Might boosts Merc and Valk damage, but my zon should be the fastest killer and get the support from the merc, not the other way round). HF is also nice because it will keep monsters in the Immo Fire. This merc of mine uses a Shael Amn Hone Sudan, while I tried another merc with Woestaff..now thats funny. He slows, blinds CB, Openwounds and makes them flee..not any damage really.

I feel the A3 icemercs, especially with fast cast are often overlooked as they freeze (most) things SOLID..even in hell

5. jonbendale

jonbendale IncGamers Member

Rogue Mercs

With my frostmaden and Valk & Decoy tanking for me, I like my Fire Rogue for the assist with the cold immunes. She rarely dies with the ladies up front taking the damage and my FA freezes everything anyway.

The only bad thing is she's using Skystrike and when I freez 'em they don't bleed. Does anyone know if open wounds work while they're frozen?

6. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

I have recently played a lightning javazon with all the apropriate skills and i found my holy freeze merc was awesome when it came to light immune he slows and with reapers toll really slows,then i and my valk jab the baddies to death. Even in sc i know that damage is king and hf mercs are normally hc priority used i enjoy watching fanat extra fast guys slow to a crawl with hf and decrep on them :D.

P.S. IMHO the light javazon is disgusting, i tried her from lvl 1 and in 2 days of constant play (about 23 hrs) i beat hell at lvl 81. She was twinked for lvl 35 and on and i did it with no rushes and baal runs galore in norm and nm to get ready for hell. I then soloed hell in 7 hrs. It was alot of fun. This also puts my dislike of the amazon class away again( i hated the burizazons in 1.09) >

7. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Aww no Amazons like barb freinds?:( ;)

Naa I think holy feeze is most reasonable, of course, with a Hc strafe/magic arrow zon, like I'm makin' now. Those barbs, however, sre quite agressive and are fun to watch in action, I think. Hmm we'll see, I'm just about to beat Duriel in normal. (hopefully):cool: