Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to the way of the druid!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by tl998, Feb 4, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

New to the way of the druid!

Hiya folks I'm new to the druid forum and definitely new to playing the druid (I just started one. He's level 17, and will be a fury druid). I've looked thru the forum a bit and I was hoping to find a 1.10 WereWolf guide but didn't find any. Anyways My current plans are to max lycanthropy, WW, and Fury while leaving Feral rage and Rabies at one points (hopefully I'll have enough +skills in the future to boost them).

1) Where should I dump the remaining points into? Should I max Oak Sage? Should I invest in Grizzly Bear? Go for cyclone armor?

2) I need some help with equipment. In general what should my gear look like? Can someone give me a realistic setup (for poor people like m) and a dream setup (eventually...who knows?) for the rich? I want to use a shield so only one-handed weapons for me. I have a baranar star and a Nord's Tenderizer (is the Nord's worth anything at all?) and I'm forgetting at the moment the name of the unique Tyrant club that has level 23 enchant charges. Which of these is better for a fury WW druid? For a helmet I just found a Jalal's Mane (195% ED) from hell ANDY and pretty much everyone I've talked to on bnet says it's worthless and crappy. DO they know something I don't because I was thinking this is the best helmet I'm ever going to find for my druid. I don't have anything specific in mind for the other slots but I know I do want full resists in hell.

Any and all advice is appreciated thanks!

2. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

First off,welcome to the Druid Forum !! :drink:

Now to the fun part,answering your questions:

1) Cyclone Armor can be useful,but it's not really worth maxing it if you dont plan on getting its synergies.You can't even cast it while shifted,which means annoying de-and reshifting everytime it wears off.

I'd go for Oak Sage,you will benefit alot form this - HUGE life is always nice. :p
    Although if you find yourself to have more than enough life,Heart of Wolverine might be something to consider - nice AR and damage bonus.

Basically you max one spirit of your choice,it's really up to you.

2) Okay,Jalal's Mane IS one of the -if not the - best all-around Druid helmet you will ever come across,despite what others say.
    Definately use it !

You will get a 5 Frames attack if you socket your Baranar's star with a Shael,which is a nice thing to have.
    It's a good weapon choice,nice damage,good speed,stats AND awesome elemental damage which takes care of any physical immunes. :thumbsup:

Rest of your equipment could look like that:

Armor: Shaftstop/Glad's bane/Valor/Chains of Honor

Shield: Whistans Guard/Stormshield

Rings: Ravenfrost/nice rare ring with ll/stats/resist

Amulet: Highlord's Wrath

Boots: Waterwalks/Wartravs/Goreriders/Sandstorm trek

Gloves: Bloodfist/Dracul's/IK set gloves

Belt: String of Ears/Verdungo's Hearty Cord/IK belt

They are by no means the BEST choices,but some of the items above are easy to come by and get the job done,so yeah. :p

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

damn I don't have over half of the suggestions up there hehe is Chains of Honor hard to make? Do I have ot do like 100 hellforge quests to get the right runes for it? Also you would recommend bstar over Nord's and the Demon Limb (I think that's what it's called)?

4. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Well,what items do you have at your dispposal?

Nord's will reach 6FPA when socketed with a Shael.
    Bstar will reach 5FPA when shael'd as already mentioned.

Demon Limb is too slow,thus not worth mentioning except maybe for it's charges of enchant,which are somewhat useful.

This said,Bstar is the best out of all 3 IMHO.

5. tl998

tl998 Banned

armor: I can pull a Duriel's Shell off of one of my mercs. I also have Suzabi Armor, Griswold's armor, and a bunch of lower level stuff like Rockfleece, Silks of the Victor, and that Unique Sharktooth Armor.

shield: I do have a few shitan's guard, but I'm worried about resists. Otherwise I'd go with it all the way. I would love a stormsield of course, but I can't afford one.

rings: Yes I can pull a ravenfrost from another one of my chars, but if I end up using duriel's shell I already have Cannot be frozen and since I'm WW I'll have lots of AR already right?

Ammy: Never heard of Highlords. I was going to use a +2 to shapeshifting ammy.

Boots: I don't hav any of those boots you mentioned. I do have Sanders, Goblin toe, IK, Sigons.

Gloves: Yep, I got bloodfist and IK gloves.

Belt: Yes I have string of ears (10%) and an IK belt

6. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

i say u max oak sage for ur druid since it seems like ur not super rich so having more life is the safe way to go... since u have ok boots and gloves i say u use those and get the extra ar boost tat comes with them...

im thinking that ur not pking so try an ik maul too...with the ik glove and boot on u..... ur gonna be doing a lot of dmg.. make sure u shael it accordingly to hit 5 fpa fury attack

highlords amulet gives +1 to all skills.. some light resist 20%ias [this wont matter if ur gonna use fury since outside ias doesnt affect it] but wat really makes it good is the deadly strike it gives.. deadly strike gives u a chance to do double dmg, and at high levels ull get like 25-35% DS.. if u can get one of these.. itll really help out

id also go with duriels shell because of its resists and its nice life boost not to mention its CBF too

welcome to the druid forum and good luck.. hope i didnt confuse u and made life a little easier

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

Thanks for the welcome. I can't use IKmaul since I want to use a shield. I tried a sorc without a shield once and she died in hell horrible because of no resists. Meph owned her. Anyone wanna donate to a druid newbie? :D Anything to start out with would be nice, especially ammys, rings, and shields! I don't have a mosers but that sounds kick ***! 2 free sockets and all. My account is angel_of_heaven and angel_of_hell