New to the Necro Forum

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
New to the Necro Forum

As the title says I am a "newcomer to the darkness." I used to post a lot on the Barbarian Forum when I played Wolfbarb and Concbarb, but those days are long gone. Since then I have converted to Commandomancer, which I am currently leveling. I was just wondering if people who post regularly on this forum could introduce themselves and say maybe a little bit about themselves so I can familiarize myself with my newfound environment. Thanks.

-Praetor

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello and welcome to the Necromancer forum:) I'm kinda new myself having only joined 2 months ago or something but I definitely like it here. Necromancers have always been one of my favourite classes even back in 1.09 where they sucked (sorry weren't so good:)). Other than that I live in Denmark and play a lot of Diablo II because it's a sweet game. What is your avatar??? Mines a furry little kitten if you're in doubt.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Hello and welcome to the Necromancer forum:) I'm kinda new myself having only joined 2 months ago or something but I definitely like it here. Necromancers have always been one of my favourite classes even back in 1.09 where they sucked (sorry weren't so good:)). Other than that I live in Denmark and play a lot of Diablo II because it's a sweet game. What is your avatar??? Mines a furry little kitten if you're in doubt.
I myself have been a Necromancer fan since the beginning, my first character in the original Diablo II being a Summoner. My avatar, if you play Magic: The Gathering, features Gix, the Phyrexian praetor.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Gix said:
I myself have been a Necromancer fan since the beginning, my first character in the original Diablo II being a Summoner. My avatar, if you play Magic: The Gathering, features Gix, the Phyrexian praetor.
I did play Magic once...but I'm afraid I have no idea what the new cards do and what they look like...a cool game though but mostly kids play it in my country. I don't think you should expect too many replies here...the crowd is a bit dead, not many people around anymore.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

If all the Necromancer info gets a bit too much stop by the The Graveyard sometime for a nice bit of relaxing OT.

Allow me to slightly lift the veil of secrecy that surrounds me :uhhuh: . I’m a 20 year old boy from the Netherlands. When not attending college I tend to post regularly here and play some D2.

Gix said:
My avatar, if you play Magic: The Gathering, features Gix, the Phyrexian praetor.
What is it with all the Diablo II players being involved in Magic: The Gathering? Is it an American thing? I can't recall any of our European members playing it.

Mad Mantis

Chimaira said:
I don't think you should expect too many replies here...the crowd is a bit dead, not many people around anymore.
It is only because of the weekend. For some reason the forum seems to die a bit over the weekend. It comes back to life during the week. I guess that is because most people tend to post while they are supposed to be working.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Still...even in the Single Player Forum, which is the most active forum an intro thread like this would get 10-12 replies (more if it was from a hot female:))...not exactly overwhelming. And there's not much community about the class-forums any more:(

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Allow me to slightly lift the veil of secrecy that surrounds me :uhhuh: . I’m a 20 year old boy from the Netherlands. When not attending college I tend to post regularly here and play some D2
What is it with all the Diablo II players being involved in Magic: The Gathering? Is it an American thing? I can't recall any of our European members playing it.
I forgot to mention that I'm 17 and live in New York. I guess Magic: The Gathering is an American thing [probably Japanese too] since the cards are made here. I don't play as much as I used to but I read the novels since I'm into science fiction.

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
I started off alot in the Necro forum myself, and now I just tend to roam around reading and replying to random things. I'm a 20 year old college student in Iowa, and oddly enough I'm a former Magic player myself. I started in middle school and played for 3-4 years before I found myself putting too much into it. About the end of that time is when I found D2, so that helped me switch to a cheaper, less social addiction. If it tells you something, I quit shortly after Nemesis came out...quite a few sets ago I believe. I still have 5 or 600 cards in a case, the ones that I wasn't able to sell off. Good times though.

~Bails

Patsy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello, Gix.

My occupation is being an 'Old Fart', being almost twice MM's age (but I still admit to giving the chillens some respect if it's been earned), and have been playing D2 since it first came out. I 'lurked' on the forum for almost a year before I made my presence known.

While others post their build guides for various 'winning' strategies, I post mine for personal amusement.

"Ole!"
-Patsy

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
No grabbing brews or feeling free to raise some corpses?

*Glances down at the bone wand clutched in his claws*

And I just bought this dang +3 Raise Skeleton +3 Raise skeletal Mage bone wand from drognan!! :(

Mad Mantis

Emerald Dragon said:
I dont remember getting a welcome to the necro forum. I feel sad.
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You probably had too many posts when you first started posting here that is why I forgot to welcome you.

scampi2

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome Gix !

I have been here for around 2 years i think, started diablo back in 1.09 and always played the necro.
Most of those 2 years were PvM summoners but then it got a bit boring and now i am reviving whilest playing PvP Bonemancer (Soulesschilds guide).
I also played the Commando last year (where is kbob btw???), but it seemed not be my style...

I am 23 years old from belgium, also played Magic: The gathering but that was long time ago, started when Ice Age first came out so...and i quit around the birth of Urza's set, i even played on belgiums nationals where i finished 4th with my Prosbloom deck.

Thats about it, do listen to MM cuz he is the wizard here :thumbsup:

Enjoy yourself !