Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New To The Game--Again

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dag Hammarskjold, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Dag Hammarskjold

Dag Hammarskjold IncGamers Member

New To The Game--Again

I've actually played before, but it's been a long time.

I have the following several questions. Please answer as few or as many as you like:

1. Is the skill info at Arreat Summit accurate to the latest patch?

2. What outstanding bugs should a newbie know about. I'm especially interested in knowing about bugs that should have an effect on my character build decisions.

3. There are alot of character builds to be found around these forums in sticky strategy threads. But it is often unclear which are relevant to the latest patch and which are not. Is there a nice, organized place where character builds are laid out and where it is made clear that they are relevant to the latest patch? I am especially interested in Single Player builds.

4. Are there good Paladin single player builds? If so, do they use auras at all?

5. Where can I go to find out about monsters' immunities and vulnerabilities? Along related lines: If I build, say, a sorceress who concentrates on a single element, but a major monster or boss is immune to that element, what can I do to defeat it? Just rely on my henchman?

6. Is it feasible to build an Amazon who uses swords rather than either spears, javelins or arrows? Related: Does the "penetrate" skill work with all weapons or only with spears and javelins?

7. What is this I hear about there being runewords that allow characters to use skills from other classes? Where can I find out more info about this?

8. Is there an application which allows me to simulate the building of a character from scratch? I.e. a program which helps plan out a character build?

Thanks!

-Kris

2. Dag Hammarskjold

Dag Hammarskjold IncGamers Member

(By the way, I wish to note, I did see the character build guide stickied in this forum, which you might think answers my question about the Paladin in single-player mode. But that guide is specifically labeled as applying to 1.10, not 1.11, so I don't know how far to trust it.)

3. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

This can't be. You died in Africa 45 years ago...

To stay on topic, I'll answer a question too.
    Yes, quite a few. Zealot, Frostzealot, Tesladin, Hammerdin to mention some of them and yes, almost all Paladin builds use auras.

edit: 1.10 and 1.11 are pretty much the same.

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Welcome back. Have a good read of the stickies, the info is often there, you just need to find it. Also may I introduce you to the search function? Use the advanced version; it is much better. Here are some shin guards, don't forget your drink at the EMB. :wave:

Mostly. Read around this forum; there aren't that many differences from what I can gather.

Check the Statistics Forum. I think the biggie is the poison damage in Niths temple being VERY agressive. Exploding dolls are a pain - let the merc deal. FE/LE can still do nasty things when you die, but from what I have heard, it used to be worse.

Nope. If it is 1.10 then it seems to be fine on 1.11. The thing to watch out for is synergies. They are very important in 1.11.

Paladins seem very popular. Hammerdins particularly.

The Arreat Summit has a full description of immunities and hit points. To answer your example, yes, let the merc deal with it. Or have a second tree as a weapon skill. It won't be very powerful, but it would help him out.

Runewords can:
    • Give a chance to cast of a skill
    • Grant an aura not normally associated with that character EG Beast armour giving Fanaticism on a Necromancer
    • Call to Arms allows any char to cast Battle Orders
    • Enigma allows any char to Teleport
    Check the Arreat Summit and stickies for more in depth info.

There are two skills calculators out there. I will PM the links to you.

Your best bet is just to read as many threads as possible. There is a huge knowledge base out there and as forumites tend to stray off topic, it's amazing what nugget of info you find out by accident. :grin:

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

We can now link to german-site skill-calculator
    (as well as Weapon speed calculator)

6. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

There is a list of the changes relevant to Single Player between 1.10 and 1.11 here. It also has a pretty good list of bugs that you could come across in 1.11. As far as guides go, almost all 1.10 builds will work find in 1.11. The only exception is builds based around the synergy bug, which was fixed in 1.11.