New to sp forun

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Forum*
Hey guys, id like to start being apart of the sp forum. Ive know this forum for a few years but i was playing with the single player mod everyone knows of that let you have infinite stash space so i knew i couldnt post here for competitions and trades. But i was missing being able to trade things i didnt need for things i needed, sharing good finds and maybe even dueling since it would make some endgame items usefull that are not really when mfing.

I was wondering a few things before starting:

Is loot filtering allowed
Do people ever play in tcp/ip games to duel or just level together

Also i saw multi box wad allowed do people use this to bo their main character with a dedicated bo barb?

Last edited:

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome! I don't know of a forum approved mod that will do loot filtering, so I'm thinking that's out

I'm sure folks play tcp/ip for whatever. I think Hamachi is still the go to program for that, though I haven't MPed in a long time

Multi boxing is fine and people use it for lots of things. I've used it to get more players in 1.06b classic so levelling is less awful. Some people use it to rush characters in old patches, things like that. I'm sure some folks use it for a bo barb, but with no ubers, most of the content in this game really doesn't need a dedicated bo barb

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh well loot filtering is no big deal anyway would just have made the thousands of lk runs ill have to do a little less painfull lol. Ill re read everything and start a sorc soon when i have time. Thanks guys

Last edited:

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Welcome to the SPF.

Multi player and PvP happens occasionally, but not as often as it used to. I think 1.13 killed MP questing with te-specs and easier access to high end RWs. No need to level a PvP Ghost when you can level as a trapper with Infinity.

Loot filtering is not allowed. Suggest you have a good read of the rules and PM me if you have questions.

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the SPF.

Multi player and PvP happens occasionally, but not as often as it used to. I think 1.13 killed MP questing with te-specs and easier access to high end RWs. No need to level a PvP Ghost when you can level as a trapper with Infinity.

Loot filtering is not allowed. Suggest you have a good read of the rules and PM me if you have questions.
Thank you very much i appreciate it

Is there anything else other than the spf rules and the spft rules i should read that would help me? I was thinking about making a topic for my sorc where id post my plans with this character, lvl and gear updates, and good finds. Is there a good exemple topic of this i could inspire myself of?

Last edited:

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Welcome! :)

How you post about your characters depends on your aim. Almost everybody will make a Mat/Pat/Guardian thread for a completed character, which are indexed in this thread. You will find plenty of inspiration for making new characters. Some people aim for more long-term recording of their Diablo exploits, such as my Rebirth thread, themed septs (a character of each class) such as my current favourite @Maltatai Normal Set Project, or even sept septs such as @Nightfish.

Feel free to ask questions!

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright so here i go!
Just created made my sorc (Soso). Tred to post a picture but i think im not allowed to post images yet
I will play on 1.14d and will be using rwm and atma
I know i want to go for the grail (not holy) but im stil unsusre if i really want to post every single item espicially will all the comon uniques and set items found all the time. I think i will make 2 topic, one for grail update, post-worthy grail finds and other non grail gg finds (rares, charms, bases, runes), and one for my characters (build, gear, updates)

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok ill switch to gomule then. Didnt try using atma yet being only lvl 17 i have not needed it but i wont bother if you say gomule would be better for 1.14d
Ty

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome!

Since you're going for a grail, the built in Flavie report functionality of GoMule might be useful.

Just created made my sorc (Soso)
I don't normally see single player forumites using the bnet slang for character classes, instead we'd say sorc or barb (as you've done in the first instance). There's no hard and fast rule, but I think you'll be perceived better if you avoid the 'baby-talk' versions of class names, especially when they take up more syllables than the conventional shorthand!

It's probably just my own prejudice showing through :rolleyes:

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
@ioupainmax I think that Soso is the character name, not the class ;) I'm not going to go talking about character naming, as I mainly call them Baby<whatever> :D

Welcome @Tatarr!

As a complement, there is My babies thread, which links also to my trade thread, it can give you some ideas too :)

Don't hesitate to click on the Reply link in order to copy specific structures/presentations also if you want to (and I mean generally, I don't link this point to my threads).

Good luck with Soso the sorc!

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the forum!! I took about 8 years off but recently came back :)

I am currently MP'ing with another member with two untwinked chars.

I just received a gift from a forum member on Sunday that allowed me to complete Tal's!

Agreed to a trade today and will be sending a member some PGems and will equip my merc with a new weapon and armor tonight :)

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes soso is my character's name lol. I thought about changing it to something more unique yesterday since i thought there might already be someone here using that name. I read that you can change it using atma or by changing the name in your saves file but i wasnt sure if it was allowed here so i didnt touch it

@ioupainmax I think that Soso is the character name, not the class ;) I'm not going to go talking about character naming, as I mainly call them Baby<whatever> :D

Welcome @Tatarr!

As a complement, there is My babies thread, which links also to my trade thread, it can give you some ideas too :)

Don't hesitate to click on the Reply link in order to copy specific structures/presentations also if you want to (and I mean generally, I don't link this point to my threads).

Good luck with Soso the sorc!
Nice i will give this a look thanks!

Welcome to the forum!! I took about 8 years off but recently came back :)

I am currently MP'ing with another member with two untwinked chars.

I just received a gift from a forum member on Sunday that allowed me to complete Tal's!

Agreed to a trade today and will be sending a member some PGems and will equip my merc with a new weapon and armor tonight :)
Thats awesome. Maybe i could join you guys when i finish leveling her up and you are cool with it. Im using rwm though

Last edited:

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
[1.14d SC FAM]

I'm using rwm as well. The above link is to my Trader Profile. Visit the SPF Rules and make sure you're following all the rules. Then head over to the Trader Profiles forum and copy my Trading Profile and edit it to make it your own :) Then we will know if we can play together or not. It is a little bit of work but keeps the forums honest, fair, and fun.

Being "tainted" is a big deal around here. If I play in a game with you and you're not following a rule, my character would become tainted and I would have to get rid of that character and all his or her items.

I have always played HC and have a dozen or so chars from 50-90 but my son wanted to play with me so I abandoned HC. I'm moving my items to SC as I need them and currently only have a single character in SC; a level 80 FO/FB MF Sorce in Act 4 Hell :) (my avatar!).

We're questing tonight. We're both level 17 I believe and we only play 1-2 times a week. Probably around 9:30pm Central Time tonight. If you follow all of the rules we'd love to have you join us.

Soon I'll need a partner to MP some Baal Runs with :)

EDIT* I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I know some people may be apprehensive about MP'ing or trading with someone so new. I'm sure you'll be fine, but please don't get discouraged if that's the case. This is a really great community and adding more members would only make it better.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
I read that you can change it using atma or by changing the name in your saves file but i wasnt sure if it was allowed here so i didnt touch it
It is allowed, but use ATMA, don’t just rename the file. IIRC the name is also referenced in the file, so just renaming may cause problems.

Tatarr

Diabloii.Net Member
[1.14d SC FAM]

I'm using rwm as well. The above link is to my Trader Profile. Visit the SPF Rules and make sure you're following all the rules. Then head over to the Trader Profiles forum and copy my Trading Profile and edit it to make it your own :) Then we will know if we can play together or not. It is a little bit of work but keeps the forums honest, fair, and fun.

Being "tainted" is a big deal around here. If I play in a game with you and you're not following a rule, my character would become tainted and I would have to get rid of that character and all his or her items.

I have always played HC and have a dozen or so chars from 50-90 but my son wanted to play with me so I abandoned HC. I'm moving my items to SC as I need them and currently only have a single character in SC; a level 80 FO/FB MF Sorce in Act 4 Hell :) (my avatar!).

We're questing tonight. We're both level 17 I believe and we only play 1-2 times a week. Probably around 9:30pm Central Time tonight. If you follow all of the rules we'd love to have you join us.

Soon I'll need a partner to MP some Baal Runs with :)

EDIT* I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I know some people may be apprehensive about MP'ing or trading with someone so new. I'm sure you'll be fine, but please don't get discouraged if that's the case. This is a really great community and adding more members would only make it better.
Yea after reading the spft rules i really lowered my expectations on trades/multiplaying as i understood with the potential of someone using or doing something the rules doesnt allow would completely ruin your character if you trade/play with him, people would be really hesitant to do it with me or anyone new and i fully understand.

And thats awesome that you and your son are playing together d2 together. When i was 10-11 i used play local multiplayer on d2 classic with my cousin who is 17 years older than me and those are some of the best memories i have. But im not sure i want to get myself in these awesome father/son moments you guys are having. :p

No worries its my fault for having 0 imagination lol

It is allowed, but use ATMA, don’t just rename the file. IIRC the name is also referenced in the file, so just renaming may cause problems.
Cool, i will redownload atma and try to do it whenever i have time

Last edited: