Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to sp forums

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Royaumm, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

Hello everyone!
    I am new to the forum and am specifically interested in sp trading but want to make sure I do it the right way. Here is some background:
    I somewhat recently came back to d2 after seeing mrllamasc run d2 for agdq but still had access to a jsp account which got boring fast cus i came back to full geared chars so i switched to single player. Mrllamasc also inspired me to start a sp "holy grail" sorc (idk if thats a actual thing or something he came up with its when you try to collect every unique and set item on a single character) and shes doing really well! Just hit lvl 99 finally! (shes actually my first lvl 99 ever) but still has a ways to go (ofc no tyreals might but also very upsettingly no deaths fathom and shes a blizz sorc!) She does however still have some great items (not really in the rune department sadly) and while i still want to find all the items with her i do use her to make twinked single player characters and I was hoping i could boost that side with some trading! I use GoMule and I use the current patch of d2 only.

I have read the rules and the new traders forum but wanted to make sure I get everything right.
    So when I make a trading post or when describing items that come from the current patch with GoMule but no other mods or outside trading so far, what should I label them as? And any other tips for a new user would be helpful.

Also, it seems like runes are primarily used as currency from what I have checked out so far. Is this the case? And if so would I have a difficult time trading on here? I havent found any high runes except one Lo rune which i use on my merc and I am very proud/fond of so would never consider trading. Would I be able to get by only trading items for items?

also any suggestions on how to use the tags function would be helpful!

Sorry for such a long post I just wanna make sure not to mess anything up the rules seem quite specific! Thanks in advance for any and all help and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Edit: I exclusively play softcore!

re-edit: how do i go about making a trading profile? I see they are required but I dont see how you go about doing that... I'm not that tech savy unfortunately :/

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Howdy,

You may have a difficult time trading at all, these days, due to low numbers of active traders. High end uniques (ex/ griffon's) base item types (for runewords) and charms are the most valuable things other than runes, I guess.

3. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

4. Royaumm

Thanks I got one posted that I think is right!

Well i have tons of charms and all uniques except a few

5. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

Ayyyy someone who also watch mrllamasc =)

As ppl pointed out the trading part of the sp quite inactive. Most ppl on the spf play self-found or trade only with those who they know very well or even in rl. Do go ahead and try though, the problem fundamentally goes doen to having more active players, so one more active trader is a start. =)

Last but not least, welcome to the forum!

6. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forum!

I think what you might run into, as far as trading, is other people like you that are lacking only a few items towards the grail. If they are anything like me, they would rather find the items themselves instead of trading for them because it would take all the accomplishment and excitement out of it. I don’t speak for everybody of course, and there are times when a person may want a certain item for a build they’ve been really wanting to try out.

Another thing that may have to do with a limited number of people trading is the ease at which items can be duped. Seeing as the game is so old now, it has been torn down to its components and pretty much everything is known about it at this point. Plus, finding some of the really rare items can be an extreme grind, and many people take the easy way out, which as you have read is severely frowned upon here.

Good luck and may your drops be grand!

7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome here :).

8. NamelessPenguin

NamelessPenguin Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums, you're gonna love it! :)

...nobody kicks shins anymore? :confused: Freshmen usually walked around with bruised shins.

9. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

*kicks shins*
    *steals wallet*
    *returns pants*

Come on people, get your **** together!

10. Fabian

Fabian Diabloii.Net Member

Roy,

Hi! How did you get your blizzsorc to level 99?

What did you use your Lo rune towards?

maxicek likes this.
  11. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Welcome to the SPF!

I was going to ask the same as @Fabian :)

Fabian likes this.
  12. Royaumm

I still want to self find everything, I just want to trade some of what I found that I don't use for perfect or just better versions of what I have because some of my twinked characters need a little boost :/

I was farming Baal for months praying for that tyreals might--sadly hasnt happened yet :( --I only seemed to get ticks from the actual baal kill for a while there I think hes the only one high enough lvl to make any difference 97-99... I dont work or go to school or anything atm so I really put in the time lol!

I used my Lo rune for a fort for my merc. I waited for a good eth base and I got a 1.25/28 :)

Edit: With my trades I post with 1.14d SC no mods right? It looks like they dont count GoMule as a FAM. Also, are most items traded here actually legitly found? I spent tons of time finding mine and I dont want a cheap piece of cheated gear in return for items i worked so hard for... Thats actually the reason I decided to join. The rules looked like it was pretty harsh against mods and I like that in trading.

13. Fabian

Roy,

Cool! How did you store the items you found in the months leading up to you installing GoMule on October 20?

Edit: To answer your question, yes, I would say most items traded on this forum are legit.

14. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

And what did you do about cold immunes?

15. Royaumm

For most items I would just note them and drop any items i didnt want to use :( i should have downloaded it sooner! I only down loaded it after I had so many items on my sorc that I only had enough space to pick up one item at a time lol!! Luckily since I downloaded it I have her entire stash/inv of gg items and I mf for about 5 hours a day... lol i have a problem! But since she runs fast now and has very high mf gear 5 hours a day for a month let me really build up my supply and I am very happy with the amount of items I have. But yeah, I should have got it sooner so my holy grail sorc would actually have all the items she found. now there are some i have found that i dont actually have :(

I have an a2 blessed aim merc with a tomb reaver, andys, and a fort
    I also have static ofc and firewall (its okay dmg but without my merc I cant really clear very quick)
    So I have some dmg from each of the trees and with a great merc I can clear cold immunes relatively quick

Btw with good gear on the merc I would definitely recommend blessed aim! I dont need holy freeze cus hes mostly for cold immunes and tanking the bosses, and as long as hes landing hits he life steals pretty well and the dmg adds up

Edit: I'm very encouraged by how many replies and questions I have been getting on this thread! (I mean my other threads are dead but at least i know there are people here lol) If anyone has more questions keep them coming I love sharing my experience gained spending so much time into the game! Makes it all worth it :D and if anyone has advice on how i could clear cold immunes faster plz lmk! The main issue with firewall is getting monsters to take the ticks without my merc tanking them. Ideally I would like to be less merc dependent if I can figure out a good way to kill cold immunes without just having to skip them--I need their potential drops!!

Re-edit: btw shes a orb sorc not blizzard so i didnt need that many points in cold tree especially cus i didnt need to max cold mastery

16. Fabian

Roy,

Just so I don't misunderstand, you're saying that, a month ago, you have no items except for what your sorc was wearing + had in inventory and stash, and now you have most sets and uniques in the game from Baal running?

Edit: How did you store all those crafting ingredients, and the resulting crafted items?

Edit2: I was going to draw this out for a bit longer, but it seems like a waste of time. Do you realize the explanation you've given here is inconsistent with what you wrote in your trade thread earlier today? We don't appreciate people coming here with made up stories, it's often painfully transparent and no one who reads them will want to trade with you or have you be part of the community.

Edit3: Not to mention that she's now changed from a blizzsorc to an orbsorc since your OP in this thread.

ioupainmax likes this.
  17. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

While i do have doubts myself, i will stay mum for a lil bit longer.

Edited out as requested by @Fabian

Blessed aim is often not necessary; might will out do him imn almost every aspect.

Im curious of your skill/stats/gear. Do you mind posting a readout from gomule?

In terms of items for trade, gomule provides a function to make a txt read out. Instead of making people say what they want, you shud instead copu the txt into code. I mean code here as smth like this.
    Code:
    U can make this by writing txt between 
    [CODE.] And [/CODE.] Without the period.

That say ppl can find the item they want an read the stats on it instead of waiting for ir reply.

EDIT : Ah, I see how that section could help. Is that the only part i shud edit out?

18. Fabian

Gynli,

Years ago a guy on here avoided a (presumed) permban by a well meaning poster explaining to him what parts of his made up stories were inconsistent with legit, non-cheated play before the mods got to him, so he had a chance to retract his story and keep posting. I appreciate your trusting nature, but helping cheaters cheat better doesn't help anyone (except cheaters. Which is unhelpful). Maybe edit out that part of your post.

Gynli likes this.
  19. Fabian

Gynli,

Yeah thanks :)

20. Royaumm

Whoa dude, chill a bit! I have found most the sets and uniques but i have almost none of the sets expect the easy ones to find still. I dont even have full tals RIP lol. I do however have most of the uniques that are good enough to use because I kept those. I have all the easy ones to find from running for a month which btw, the way I play is about 150 hours of straight run time. So i do have a decent stash of items now between what was essentially a full mule of my best uniques plus 150 hours of running. (Also the baal runs were every game for the exp and chance at tyreals but I do run ancient tunnels and mausoleum and pindle sometimes pits or other mf spots.) I do not have every unique. I have found most of the uniques but some of the ones I have found I no longer have but I do have most of what I think people want so that was why I said just lmk what you are looking for.

The crafting was not done while my inventory was full besides caster ammys occationally (the one she uses now was made before she filled up) then I had to stop until i got GoMule and quickly started up again. If you look at my crafted items you can clearly see none are gfg and its obviously the result of about a months worth of crafting on a lvl 99.

In regards to the blizz vs orb, she has been both, running through the game i used the tactic of nova into frozen orb, then I switched her to blizz to start running cows and meph and andy, then when I hit the high levels she was switche back to frozen orb with firewall for immunes, I have collected about 10 tokens so when i can switch her back to blizz i often do cus a blizz sorc was my first ever char and it is my favorite but I think I need to kee her orb/firewall until im done with the holy grail part. In my heart no matter if she uses frozen orb or blizz she will always be a blizz sorc <3 Also she is named anivea after the character in league who uses blizzard :)

Please if you have more concerns keep asking me because I can always make things more clear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.