Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Sin's ... help me to choose a PvM MA Sin ;)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Kaze, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

New to Sin's ... help me to choose a PvM MA Sin ;)

Never have played Assasins b4, and martial arts appeal to me more than traps as main attack .... what sin would u recommend , Phoenix strike , TS / DTail kicker, any other? I like more phoenix , but which MA sin is the most viable in hell PvM? take into account i have 0 experience with sins ;)

If phoenix strike , what charges are worth maxing its sinergy? Blades of thunder , meteor , chaos bolt ...

Thanx for helping this poor newbie , I'm readin the stickied guides but is diff for me to choose which guide suits me better :thanks:

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

IMO, the best way to find the build you prefer is to hack them up in SP, and take them for a whirl. We can't tell you which build you'll like. Both PS and TS/DTail Assassins are very viable in Hell with the right equipment.

IMO, if you're maxing PS, you should also max CoT and FoF(in that order), but not BoI(as the FO charge on PS is slow to release, and does the least damage out of all the charges on PS). This isn't to say the FO charge is useless - its freezing effect is very useful as a crowd control charge), but you'll be using the 1st or 2nd charges most of the time.

3. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Ok .. after reading carefully the stickied Kick Sin guide, i have decided to have the 2 worlds ... kicks + Phoenix strike :)

20 TS , 20 Dtail , 20 Phoenix strike, 20 CoT or BoI ... dont think i will have enough points to max both CoT and BoI and some spare points to enhance some shadow discipline like 5 points into Shadow Master ... so which of the 2 charges u recommend me more as complement for TS + Dtail?

Another question ... after some testing it seems to me that is more difficult to get the second charge of PS (the first is quick 1 click and the other no matter ho wmuch u click in addition of 3 u have the ice charge ...) this copuld seem a stupid thing, but with a fast weapon and BoS on i feel difficult to control exactly to get always the second charge , multiple times and in middle of combat ... then comes my third question , claw + claw makes more difficult to get the second charge, it requieres sometimes just 1 click or sometimes 2? for this kind of assa , or while using phoenix is better to go claw + shield? i planned to use 1 bartuc and 1 jade talon for its huge resistance boost ...

And last , for releasing phoenix charge and in case claw claw is better option for this skill, is Dragon claw a better finisher than dragon tail?

Thanx for ur help :wave:

4. DispatchRocks

DispatchRocks IncGamers Member

You would probably be better off with claw+shield if you want to add kicks with PS. C/C requires some investment in weapon block and would take away some points that could be invested in SM. The only bad part about this build is that you would only have physical and fire damage without investment into Claws of Thunder. Maxing PS along with 10 points into CoT should be effecient enough to deal with immunes to fire and physical.

5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

I'd max CoT instead of BoI, as you'll find yourself using PS's 2nd charge(which naturally does more damage) more often than its 3rd charge for damage.

Regardless of whether you're C/S or C/C, the 'Strike' chargeups(PS/TS/CS) only use one claw(one orb/strike). It's sometimes hard to get the timing for the 2nd charge right, but so long as you have a high chance to hit, and can judge how long one attack will take, it's simply a matter of training your clicking finger(don't rely on looking at the no. of orbs, that takes too long and it's sometimes hard to track the orbs, especially if you're surrounded).

As for the dual-claw chargeups(FoF/CoT/BoI), it's always best to charge to 3 orbs, as the effects of each orb stack(eg. you would get Lightning damage on target + Nova + Charged Bolts) with CoT.

DC is probably a better idea than DTail, for releasing PS charges, as DTail tends to knock monsters out of Meteor's impact radius.