Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new to single player :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tartanasia, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tartanasia

tartanasia IncGamers Member

new to single player :)

Ive played d2 for like 5 years now. Ive played single player with a sorc before (got her to lvl 85) but never really tryed very hard to mf etc. I decided as off today I will start a light sorc and start my single player gaming. I was wondering if theres any musts for single player? I deleted my loaders and map hacks etc from realm playing, will they be needed? Im also wondering how you exchang items across. Any info would be nice :)

2. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Be sure to check stickied threads , they contain much info you should find useful.
    No, you do not need maphacks and other "goodies" from realms .
    For item exchanging , we use ATMA. Check stickies :smiley:

Also , i'd reccomend joining a tournament or two , they're great fun :smiley: .

3. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF. just a word of advice, no mods are allowed to be discussed here except ATMA (which i highly suggest you get) and Runeword mod (RWM), this lets you get access to all the runewords, even those not accessable to SP.

as far as exchanging items, get ATMA, which lets you store items you find while playing. it also has a drop calculator that calculates the odds of a monster dropping a certain item you are lookign for.

4. tartanasia

alright cheers, im only like lvl 15 at the mo in act2 gonna try play straight till act5 -_-. Look forward to get to know people here. I often did events in hclw trading forum so im well up for anything here.

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Just thought I'd clarify: mods can be discussed as long as they aren't classified as hacks (in other words let you edit skill or other such things.) It's best not to link to a mod not on the current "approved" list without PMing Hrus or I. The SPF, Game Mods, and You in the FAQ sticky can answer a lot of questions about mods.

If you have ever used any programs or mods outside of ATMA, RRM, RWM, or the FE-mod* you will need to start fresh with new characters and items if you want to participate in trade and MP. If you have any questions about that, PM me.

*The FE-mod is in the same category as the other mods, except for the fact that it is made for 1.10 only and was never accepted into the trade pool. If you used this mod, you might have trouble finding trading partners.

6. tartanasia

Thats no problem, I did system restore on my pc, so all i have d2 lod and latest patch.

7. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF :wave:

8. tartanasia

thankyou, just dled atma, not to sure how it works but will read up on it later. Till then am I ok to lvl without these mods on etc?

9. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! :thumbsup: Hmmm....Tartan? Are you a fan of asian horror films?

10. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Yea that's perfectly fine
    Install RWM at your own leisure...or maybe you get off the realms to escape those overpowered RW's and to experience an actual challenge?

11. tartanasia

enersense- yeh im an asain movie buff, avatar= survive style 5.

mr hamster- yeh thing is at a low lvl i might need to get myself a spirt sword, but I probably wont bother with any of those mods till im in hell act5

progress report: act 5 normal lvl 21, Ive been to bed, got a few hundred words of an eassy to do and then it will be all the way to baal and baal runs!

12. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

ingame open the chat window and type "/players8" it will ensure you level alot faster (ie lvl21 killing andy). Simulates a 8player game with just you playing, so monsters have lots more hp, but give you more xp. Although it's very cheap cause it makes the game easier, cause you lvl so fast. Gets even cheaper when ppl player8 all the way to act1 hell, then go to players1 (which sets it back to normal)

13. tartanasia

ermm do i need a mod no to do that?

(edited) well looks like I dont, wish I knew that last night TT.

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! here's your goodie basket of baked goodness and squid repelant. I do hope you've read at least the SPF FAQs so you know not only will your shins be kicked, but it's a good thing if they are, so long as you aren't an EU. Then you're immune to that sort of thing.

Which brings me to my next point. Intros are so we get to know you, and thus it helps if you tell us a little about you beyond the nick and 'tar. General geographic location, favortie build, what you do when not playing D2, favorite cookie, ardvarks or anteatters, that sort of thing! One cookie per factoid, if you can hit 12 I'll make it a bakers dozen. You can stop by the EMB to pick them up.

15. tartanasia

k ^^ Im from the UK(england) and well ive played on uswest realm for 4 years, scl,hcl,cl,hccl. So yeh im quite experiencend in the game. Ive recently gone to univerisity and have a shockingly bad internet connection (hence my move to sp). I was also fed up with dupes on realms so it was time for me to give up. I dont really have favourite builds, but I always play a sorc first. My char at the moment is now lvl 66!!! in act1 hell and is a pure light sorc. O yeh ermm im well into films and im studying a degree in film and television production. Ive also been a member of a great game called phantsy star online blue burst. On the forum for that theres was lots of excvation reports for certain items etc (run by run mfing reports) a lot like here :). Anyone got any ideas on what I should mf? Im still power lvling nm max player games against eldritch and pindle. Im hoping to get about lvl 70-75 and then try nm mephy... I also managed to figure out stashing on atma today and fingerprinting etc. Im still a total noob to the rules so please help me as I go along.

16. Fists of War

Fists of War IncGamers Member

can you install ATMA on classic DII, or only on LoD?