Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Single Player

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by I_b_insain, Feb 1, 2004.

1. I_b_insain

I_b_insain IncGamers Member

New to Single Player

Hey, just read something about the new world of single player. Ok, not so new, but I've been an exclusive b.net player since diablo 2 first came out. Just wondered what you all like about single player. Why single player and not b.net? I've heard some people don't play on b.net because of the dupes, but you don't have to trade. I guess I'll give this single player a try. What kinds of chars. are good in sp? Are necros any good? lol...i've never played them before. They make me lag too bad on b.net.

Just wanted to let you all know I'll be bugging you all from now on. Happy playing!

2. Ashlen

Ashlen IncGamers Member

One of the reasons I started single player was because I tended to get lag playing on battle.net. In the neighborhood I live in one good storm could knock my internet access out for a week too.

Plus, believe it or not, I love playing around with the muling program ATMA. It is also good for making nigh unlimited-sized stashes.

...And one of the best things?? I have found there is no friendlier bunch of people than in the SP forum. You can't go wrong here! :D

As far as builds and such go, there shouldn't be any difference char-wise playing SP or on the net, unless you mean you will be playing solo from now on... We still get all the ladder-only extras such as cubing recipes and all the new items, except of course for the Diablo clone and his charm.

3. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Mostly the fact that when I'm on Bnet I play alone anyway, so I may as well play without the lag, item-site spammers, rush requesters, etc. :)

Welcome to the forum!

4. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! Enjoy your stay here! :)

Read the FAQs. They tell everything you need to know about single playing. We also have our own MP games thread where you can look for MP company.

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hello :howdy:

Welcome to SPF!!

:)

6. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, enjoy your stay here! :howdy:

7. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Welcome! :howdy:

8. Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity IncGamers Member

I started playing single player because there's no lag (thus no desynch and no getting hit by monsters half a screen away from you), no double-casting (Might make teleporting easier), fixed seeds for mf (no need to look for durance 3), /players 8 option (faster levelling! Yay!), easy muling, and people give away stuff for free on this forum.

So far I've got an assassin at level 21, a fishymancer at level 25, and a sorceress I started today after running through act 3 on /players 1 to transmute a Khalim's will. She's level 13 or so right now, and heading towards the outer cloister. (skipped the countess for now, will come back after I get A2 merc)

Also my current map has the cave close to the waypoint, the tree of inifuss close to the waypoint, and the cairn stones close to the waypoint. Hopefully andariel will be close as well, but there's always teleport. Eventually of of the superuniques will drop me a gull dagger...

9. Vinmar

Vinmar IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. If you're looking for ideas for builds that work well in SP, check the link in the FAQ. If you need anything to get you started, check out the give-away sticky at the top of the page.

Vinmar

10. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

Hi-di-ho good nieghboor... whoops sorry, to much Home Improvement.

Welcome to the SPF. Check out the two ladders, hard core and soft core respectively, we have going in here. There are several tourny's that go on, and Borlag tends to hold a weekly one. If you do go with one of our ladders you may be better off asking in one of the ladder threads, depending on wich you go with, if anyone might have some starting gear they can spare. That way you don't get non-ladder gear and be unable to use it in the ladders :=D

The MP thread is bustling most times with games, tho lately it seems we have alot of us, myself included, that cannot host so you will see requests for people to host a game in there aswell. Perhaps we ought to get a Tech Help thread were people can help each other resove issues like being unable to host. Well enjoy your stay and welcome to the SPF

11. Withered_Guy

Withered_Guy IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF
    enjoy your stay here and have a nice day :D

12. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the SPF! I started playing SP because the people here are much friendlier than on Bnet. No offense to anyone there, but you don't get the lvl ** zon come in to your game and give you a hard time. You don't get PK's, or at least not usually.

There is a trading thread, a giveaway thread, and a game thread. You can host a game and invite others or just play by yourself with the players 8 command on. And you can mule to your hearts content with ATMA. It is easier than on Bnet.

All in all it is a great place to be.

Welcome aboard!

13. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

WELCOME to the SPF!!!

I have yet to start playing SP as I have no access to Diablo until march. I've been playing b.net for quite some time now and to be honest I've converted in "mind" over to SP due to the possibilities of the ATMA program. I play SP on line and only let a select few into my games anyway. Seeing as these guys here in this forum are quite friendly I would have no trouble MPing with them. As a matter of fact I'm really looking forward to it!!

As far a charaters are concerned I would probably start with a vegasorc, fishymancer, or hammerdin. Charater guides can easily be found here in the SPF. Starting with a charater that can run pits or the graveyard would be a good SP start.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. This site can be very addictive and you may end up quiting D2 and start posting in these forums instead. :D

14. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Main reason I don't play Battle.net is because I like to play at my own pace, not be rushed along by some twinked Baba who can't wait to get to Andariel.

15. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Hiya I_b_i,

welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay but beware of wild animals. :)

The main reason I play Single Player is that I never found a reason to play b.net. Whenever I want to multi-play I only do that with people I know anyway. I can play with those via TCP/IP easier than via b.net.

16. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

Hi there and welcome to the bestest forum this side of equator! (Or was it the other side.....hmmm).

Some words of advice:

a) Read the FaQ´s at the top of the main page, as they will answer all your questions.

b) Remember to pick up a SPF straight-jacket.

c) Remember to butter both sides of the bread.

d) Beware the squirrels.

e) Beware the *whispers* Squid!

May your stay be a long and pleasant one. :)

Edit: OOps! Forgot that you should always blame Durf for everything. I blame Durf for forgetting to mention to blame Durf! :D :fish:

17. Kolor Klown

Kolor Klown IncGamers Member

basically one thing...no lag rocks. And people don't make fun of me when I die, or yell at me for killing all the monsters and leaving them with no xp, actually, there is no body in the game to annoy me at all :) and that make me happy.

-Klown ;)

18. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

I think everyone has covered all the reasons we play SP rather well...

So I have left to do is say howdy! :wave: May the WF be with you.

And if you are interested in Necros, dig up Nightfish's skellimancer (aka Fishymancer) guide. I haven't played one yet, but they look awesome and it seems like they pwn the game.

19. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF. I lurked here a long long time before getting the courage to post. Now I can't stop. I blame Durf. If you need any assassin info, let me know I keep up pretty well there too (and a great 1st untwinked character is the lightning trapper or kicksin/trapper).

20. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I started playing D2 because of my guild at the time D2 was released. We used to be one of the oldest and biggest legit D1 guilds around and we loved the possibility of offline playing to get levels and items, so we held a vote on it and open battle.net beat every other options hands down. Sure we had our share of cheating problems (which we dealt fast with), but it still beat realms hands down since we never had problems being able to play.

After I left the guild for purely politic reasons (was one of the leaders in the end), and went for the realms for awhile. Was already used to playing with friends and in an enviroment that you could leave an item lying on the ground for longer than 0.0000001 seconds and that it would be automatically either the persons property who did the killing or for the one who needed it the most. To me that was simply automatical conduct, there it wasn't. So I quit my very short realm period and continued offline gaming. It was shortly after that, that I lost my internet connection for a period of two years which was only recently fixed. That was when I joined the SPF, and I really can't say that I'd have regretted it...

Unless you're talking about regretting not finding this place earlier of course :)