New to LOD

Casper356

Diabloii.Net Member
New to LOD

Hi my name is Corey and i just wanted to find out if im doing good on making my first barb on lod. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently he is as follows:

Level 56
Str 254
dex 130
vit 45
ene 10

Skills are:
WW 21
shout 16
bo 9
bc 4
7 mace mastery
10 iron skin
11 natural resist
He is using Atma's wail as armor, Blood Tree Stump for weapon, IK helm and boots, and blade buckle for a belt other items need major upgrading.

Please let me know if im doing this right or ways i can improve him, some attributes are added from items im using at this time

thanks Corey

spaker_man

Diabloii.Net Member
This isn't bad at all, some areas to concentrate on would be to boost your Vit with your stat points and for skills get your mace mastery and battle orders up.

Otherwise seems like you're doing fine to me.

toader

Banned
Well, he should be a tough little bugger.

As spaker said, raise BO...and raise it fast.

Might wanna get one point into Beserk, when you get into hell, things will be physical immune. Berserk is the only skill a barb has that can kill physical immunes.

STR looks good.....throw the rest of your points into VIT.

Casper356

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i have one on beserk already and as far as the masteries go i have items that increase them, i actually only put one on mace mastery.

should iron skin and natural resistance be raised as well as bo?

Casper356

Diabloii.Net Member
new update on char, he is now lvl 65
str 292
dex 140
vit 90
ene 10

23 WW
16 shout
13 BO
Iron Skin 13
Natural resistance 13

he is using all IK set except for armor and maul, i still have to get armor.
if anyone knows of a way i can get armor please let me know. 3 more lvls and ill have him using Windhammer till i can use the IK maul

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
Max mace mastery, you get critical strike chance, ED, AR. Max BO first for life, then work towards shout.

Personally, I would not have placed so many points in str, especially when using IK set. More points in iron skin are useless, seeing as how defense really isn't that great. No more points are needed in natural resists, as past level 13, the returns are steep.

Dexterity looks good, you wont need anymore once you start mace mastery. Keep pumping vitality, leave str where it is.

And, there is no way to get IK armor. But if you want to have a chance to get it, you have to run pindle/baal/or a lvl 82+ area in hell. Or any other hell monster that drops sacred armor.

pliu

Banned
Casper356 said:
new update on char, he is now lvl 65
str 292
dex 140
vit 90
ene 10

23 WW
16 shout
13 BO
Iron Skin 13
Natural resistance 13

he is using all IK set except for armor and maul, i still have to get armor.
if anyone knows of a way i can get armor please let me know. 3 more lvls and ill have him using Windhammer till i can use the IK maul
IK armor is very hard to get. I never got one in about 3 years of D2 play. You can try you luck by do pit run at hell.

Casper356

Diabloii.Net Member
Well here is a update of lvl 76
str 267
dex 125
vit 145

Skills are

WW 28
19 shout
16 bo
7 bc
18 mace mastery
16 iron skin
16 natural resistance

he is currently wearing the complete IK set, found armor today in a baal run. I got very lucky in my opinion

Tell me what yall think. Im raising his vit with the rest, and will continue to work on mace mastery and bo

sinnergy

Diabloii.Net Member
Would be more helpful if you listed your skills without mods. I assume your ww is at 20 but are those other skills you listed with or without skill mods? If they are without skill mods, you really wasted a lot on iron skin and nat resistance. :(
Put every point you get into bo until its maxed then max mace mastery, then shout.