Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new to HC

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by kingfu, Mar 15, 2004.

1. kingfu

kingfu IncGamers Member

new to HC

hello i am new to forums and HC i have been playing for about 2 years now and have never made a HC charactor i was wondering if there was a "easy" charactor to make that would sort of be a good start for a noob on HC.

2. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

ooph, this is a regular question lol

summon necros, trapsins, hammerdins are all excelent starters.

my personal favorite is the trapsin. i still have mine from the day 1.10 went live and she is now lvl 78. my seccond favorite is the necro.

all three are rather item un-dependent with the hammerdin being the most item dependent IMO. this makes all three an excelent starter.

if you do the necro check out this guide for the "fishymancer"
    http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=126628

if you do the trapsin my build is rather safe and an excelent NM MFer, and does well in hell acts 1-2 (never gone beyond act 2 while alone)

i have max shadow master, Lightning Sentry/Death Sentry and eventually max Charged Bolt sentry besides the required fade for max resists and cloak of shadows

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Trapsins r teh PWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    An all lightning trapper can deal with lightning immunes in hell with shoppable gear...just make sure you look after your merc (I'd recommend a might merc) and get your shadow up to a level that she doesn't die, along with a point in all the one point wonders. Be sure to track down a wand of lower resist for the switch.
    Mine started slightly twinked with +2 traps ammy/circlet/claws as well as 2x bartucs, aside from those bartucs everything is shop/gambleable. Bartucs is easy to trade for. She lived to 96.5 at which point I got bored and dueled a bunch till I died.

4. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I agree with Baniser.

1st choice for me: Trapsin all the way.
    2nd choice: Necro summoner.

5. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

Just remember that HC is exactly like SC but with the added factor of mortality thrown in. You said you've been playing this game for two years now, so you probably know just about all the game mechanics by now. A good idea might be to figure out what character builds worked well for you in softcore and build around those. Unfamiliar with trap assassins? Expert with necromancers? Your first character should be a necromancer.

Then again, trying out new characters is always a fun experience. I had never played a trapper before 1.10 came out. It's been fun, but I think I still prefer playing my summoner and WW barb more. That's my personal preference.

Another thing to consider is developing an item base. You might wish to play with a class that maybe you don't like as much, or aren't as familiar with, if only for the sake of harvesting some low to mid level equipment. So maybe something like a cold sorceress to farm NM Mephy, or the aforementioned lightning trapper to harvest Eldritch, Shenk and Pindleskin in NM.

My only advice is that you not move on into Hell difficulty until you feel secure enough to do so. Otherwise, it could get you killed. Since security usually comes with decent items, I highly recommend getting some sort of MFing character up and running as your first priority.

Nicely enough, all of the already mentioned starting characters double excellently as MFers, so it's your pick.

6. kingfu

kingfu IncGamers Member

ok i have decided on a trapsin, now next question should i look for a build on here or could someone just tell me what to put stats and skills pts into thanks

7. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

Just max LS and its synergies. 5 fade 5 claw block. Maybe ditch shock web for shadow master if you like to feel safe, but my assassin didn't use one nor did she use a merc and I had all gear that I found and ran Hell Eld/Shenk, Hell Pit and NM Andy. I eventually found enough to make a decent sorc, which died at 60 and pissed me off so much that I deleted my assassin. Her only fear was archers in the Pit... other than that, she could just sit back and throw traps.

8. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I'd definately recommend shadow...here's what mine looked like at 96...
    20/20/20/20 Lightning traps (42/42/44/43 after skills iirc)
    1 fireblast prereq (2X after skills...it was actually somewhat usable solo after +20 skills ^^)
    1 in all the 1 point wonders ( WB/Fade/BoS/CoS/Mindblast) All somewhere around 10 after skills
    The rest went towards shadow master, she was almost maxed, close to 30 after skills. Really you only need her around 17 after skills...but I didn't have anything better to do with my points. Weaponblock and Fade would be the better choices for extra points, I just didn't WANT to invest in them beyond 1 ^_^

Stats, something like 65 dex, enough to use bartucs with a -15% req jewel in it, that lets the first one use its stats to boost you up to the second...Strength was around 100 base...items pumped it up enough for shaft/T-gods. My str/dex were a little bit screwed up because I didn't know my endgame gear when I started, I think it worked out pretty well though. The rest went to pumping vit up to around 430ish after items.

9. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Make sure you use fade as your "aura" rather than burst of speed.
    Saves you more times than you can count. Be very careful of packs of ranged monsters.

My asn is solely a mfer now: combined with merc for over 650% mf which comes in handy to find decent items at times.

She still wears her 96% ancient armour at lvl 87+!

Make sure you quickly learn the uses of mindblast and cloak.