Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to HC, tips on build plz

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by RssDiablo, Jan 25, 2007.

1. RssDiablo

RssDiablo Diabloii.Net Member

New to HC, tips on build plz

Sup fellas, my comp recently broke so i havent played d2 in forever. Probably like a whole week :thumbsup:. But yeah so ive had a lot of time to think and am intrigued by hc and so im gonna start playin it instead of sc. im kinda sick of the whole trade scene and all the duping going on. Does this happen in hc too? So yeah, I think my first hc build is gonna be a summoner just to start me off, ive built a couple of em sc and like em, but any ideas for it would be greatly appreciated. ive made em before and know most of the things, but just wanted to know if there were any changes that suit hc summoners better than a sc one, like more in bone armor or something. Otherthan that just wanted to say hi and let everyone know im starten up hc since that seems to be the trend.
    thnx for readin,
    rss
    *caedes

Also, what is that banana thread thing.

2. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules Diabloii.Net Member

Ok summoners are really nice, tons of meat shield's and good damage with CE. But I think you already knew that. But if you do get bone armor only put one point in it. Then put points in bone wall/prison because, though I may get the numbers wrong, for each point in bone armor you get 10 life in it. While in bone wall/Prison you get the exstra skill and 15 life in it. Hmmm 10 or 15, 10 or 15....i think that choice is clear. I would also say thats its a good idea to spend points to get a ok armor so that you dont have the dreaded 1 hit kill...which has got me so many times.

The duping...well I'm not sure. I've been playing for a while and i haven't seen any that I know of. And I dont hear "O crap my SOJ poffed" in baal games like I do all the time in SC.

And I've got one more thing to say. Pkers are hackers have a ton of hacks at thier disposle. And they use them to kill you unfairly. If you want to start HC read HC FAQ: ALL NEW POSTER READ. It tells about Pkers and all there hacking tricks. And I have been killed by hackers twice.

Once I saw a pker that was 10 lower lvls then me. I thought ok ill wipe the floor with this guy, let me just go to stony and gets some skellys. he was outside town when i clicked on the wp. I go down it and 1.5 secs later boom hes right there and in 1 hit he killed me. 1 hit. The hack made him tp into town without making a tp. That made me mad, but not as bad as.....

Then I was playing with this guy in act 2. We had been playing for like 10mins together then all of a sudden he flashes and then im hostiled and dead. I think the hack puts him in town hostiles then puts him back where he was. That is the worst hack casue theres really no way to avoid it. If you play with people watch them very carefuly. Don't party with people who have wierd names or act like buttholes. Trust me it will save you a lot of Time and anger.

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

Not quite.
    First, it's a script, not a hack, and can be done without any third party programs, though it's not as effective that way.

Second, what it actually does is:
    -player fires projectiles at you
    -script makes TP, takes TP, hits hostile
    -projectiles remain in air, you are now hostile with him so projectiles hit, you die

Traps, hammers, firewall, and hydras disappear when a player goes to town... just about everything else stays though I'm probably forgetting about something.

The first one you described sounds like it could have been a legitimate PK though... you shouldn't be fighting people 10 levels lower than yourself, ever. The numbers people can get on PKs are insane.

As for duping - duped runes are everywhere.

Edit: I to the OP, I'm not sure what an SC summoner is like, but standard HC build is:
    -str for gear
    -dex for block (optional with summoner)
    -rest in vit
    -none in int

Skills should be the same for most builds, with a couple exceptions, and a summoner isn't one of those.

4. Demonic Angel Rules

Ok your right the hydra and stuff will stay...but I was hit by a zealot. He didnt use hammers he used a sword and he didnt open a tp. And the first wasnt legit cause it was way to fast. Not even a speed barb with vigor on could have gotten to the wp as fast as he did. He was outside town, and the town had a bridge to it. So I know there was no way he was that fast. And he didnt make a tp I asked people said that he poofed into town, and know one knows how he did it. But ya I got it now that the pkers are twinked all the way to hell and back. I wouldn't ba mad if they didnt use hacks or scripts or whatever. Kill me useing things that weren't ment to be for the game is just making yourself look like a punk. Killing me legitly will have me saying "o crap you got me, Nice job."

And the summoner should use at least 1 point in bone armor, it helps more then you think.

5. ComeOfAge

ComeOfAge Banned

Probably was using this tmc mod a lot of people have.

6. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

That still exists? Lame, woulda figured they'd have fixed it by now, ah well.

But I still don't see anything that indicates he was hacking... a teleport staff can put someone pretty close to the WP from outside town too, for example.

7. Demonic Angel Rules

True, but I dont think he did that. But hey I could be wrong. It just seemed to fast, I mean he got a sec after i did.

8. RssDiablo

RssDiablo Diabloii.Net Member

thnx for all the help guys,
    i'll read the faq thing, sry bout ur pk deaths btw,
    and yeah i expected hrs to be dupes but are items uniques and runewords duped really at the level of sc?
    thnx again

9. Halas

Halas Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure what the duping lvls are like in SC, but there are massive dupes in HC.

The banana thread is just a way for forums regulars to keep in touch and newcomers to introduce themselves.

-Welcome to the madness~

10. TheGoldenArches

TheGoldenArches Diabloii.Net Member

Meh, summoners are so bland. You should learn about the hacks if you play public games... O yeah, don't die.

Your build should be the 1 pt curses (They are generally one point), immediately max 'raise skeleton' and then work on 'skeleton mastery', getting atleast a point in 'summon resist' by level 24. Other than that, you should be ok.