Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to hardcore, playing untwinked

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by cavv, Sep 2, 2010.

1. cavv

cavv Diabloii.Net Member

New to hardcore, playing untwinked

My friend and I were getting bored with SC so we gave HC a shot. I made a frost zealot and he made a rabies druid and we leveled together until A4 norm, and a group of infernos took me out. Just playing that pally was enough to get me hooked on HC. So we start over, this time I make a fishymancer, he makes a martial arts assassin. This time we get to a2 NM. My friend is about 54 at this point when he runs into some pack of specials while I was afk for a second. Next thing I know I'm running to catch up and he gets killed. Soooo now we are starting over again, I may continue with the fishymancer once we get back to that level. Hes restarting with a pally, some type of fanaticism zealot. Could anyone recommend a build with good survivability that would have synergy with his char? I know the fishymancer would be great with amp damage and all the various CC curses, but in the mean time I need a fun and durable build to play with him. Thoughts?

2. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

Re: New to hardcore, playing untwinked

Maybe a double swing barb to support him in the fray, or another pali. You could both use holy fire, then one could respec to holy freeze. Holy freeze coupled with a fanat zealot or DS barb should be good for nightmare.

As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense, so rather than looking for a 'synergistic' build you should look to builds that can kill quickly untwinked. Trap assassins are alright, you might struggle a bit when fire blast becomes inadequate and the light skills aren't strong enough yet. You really can't go wrong with a sorc, fire is good for act 1-3, then you can respec to blizz and pwn everything :p

3. StoneTemplePirate

StoneTemplePirate Diabloii.Net Member

Re: New to hardcore, playing untwinked

Characters that use up close combat are usually short lived in my experience. My best success is with casters (although they are very fragile also) such as a sorc or necro.

Most importantly just have fun and make a character that will allow you to do so. One you can consider looking at is an orb/tk sorc with max block. Fun, durable and fast.