Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to ele. Wind or Fire

Discussion in 'Druid' started by kingvarran, Apr 27, 2008.

1. kingvarran

kingvarran IncGamers Member

New to ele. Wind or Fire

Ok ive always been Shapeshift or Summon, but now i wanna start some ele druid but i dont know anything about fire or wind so if you guys could help me it would be apprieciated <3

2. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

Re: New to ele. Wind or Fire

id start with a windy druid. both builds can be strong and successful, but windy has a few better advantages over the fire druid. that and being cheaper and easier to make.

check the guides for the windy guide. it may look outdated but not much has changed since it came out.

3. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

How is a windy cheaper than a fire druid? They both use very similar gear, it would seem that windies would have to find a more expensive helm (pelt, 2/20/20) and amulet (for fcr)

Back to the question:
    For PVM Wind druid would be better I think since there are fire immunes and Volcano/boulder are just not effective killers. Plus a high cyclone armor helps a lot.

PVP Windies are also better overall, though Fire Druids are more fun and get better reactions since they're not very common.

4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

A windy can be geared very cheap for pvm. For pvp windy will take the cake because fire can be sorb'd out the ...yea... but I would read through the windy guides there is also a fire druid guide in the pvp section if its not also here for your pleasure.