Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new to Diablo.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Lycanblood, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Lycanblood

Lycanblood IncGamers Member

new to Diablo.

:wave:

first off let me thank you guys for this site, it has helped me a ton in preparing for the game.:grin:

but there is one thing I had a problem finding on this site(or any site for that matter) and that is which character is best. so I was wondering if any of you guys(or girls..) have any suggestions on which character class is best.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

There really is no best, it all depends on your play style and after that the character build type, which varies class by class.

Some class types are better at somethings, while certain builds are better than others.

You should browse the stickied info threads.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Do you like getting into the middle of things and whacking away? Then a paladin (vengance or zeal)or barb (whirlwind or concentration) might be for you. Do you like casting spells from afarA? Then a sorcoress (dual element) or assassin (trapper) or paladin (blessed hammer) might be more your speed. Or maybe a bowshooter/javalin tossing amazon? Would you like to command an army? Be a general? Then a necromancer (summoner) could be what you want. This game has a lot of choices and they're up to you.

Generally, caster/missile characters are easier and don't require really really good equipment later in the game, but are quite fragile and weak early in the game. Melee characters are easier early in the game, but need really good equipment later in the game.

Whatever you decide, look over the guides in the class specific forums here. It's easy to ruin a character build by making poor decisions with skill and stat points early on.

Good Luck!

4. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Yep, there's a ton of different "builds" out there you can try. If you think you might like to try out quite a few (i.e. play the game a while), you might want to consider building a character that can easily help you progress through the game and kill in Hell difficulty effectively without to many high-value items. You'll find that normal and nightmare are passable without too much trouble, but whooh boy wait till you get to Hell difficulty and watch some lowly carver spank ya. If you think you would enjoy them, a summoner (fishymancer - check out the necromancer forum for builds) or a meteorb sorceress are a coupld of great choices. The first is a great killer in hell and you can slap on tons of magic finding gear. It can be a little laid back as you're fighting "behind the lines." The sorc is another fast killer that can also carry a lot of mf gear but kills a bit faster (more fragile too, though). One advantage to a sorc is the ability to teleport, which means you can quickly "tele" through boards to find what you're looking for, which can be really nice. But it's certainly up to you! Good luck and enjoy!!

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I'd start out with a caster of some sort. They can get pretty decent damage even with mediocre gear, so you don't have to worry about constantly finding better and better weapons.

6. Lycanblood

Lycanblood IncGamers Member

thanks for the help, I am probally gonna go with a necro summoner, well that or a druid werewolf build.

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Necro summoner is an excellent build for a new player. He can solo the game completely naked if you play carefully, and with some cheap gear, he becomes a serious killer.

8. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Agreed, and I think you have a lot of flexibility with this build as well. You don't have to stress too much about where to put all your stat points, for example.

Welcome to the game and have fun!

9. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

ya nec is good starter...if your savvy with your curses, they can also be involved as well, making it more fun to play them ( I space out sometiems on my necs....waiting for skellies to kill....)

Be careful with the WW shifter. I know they are currently a hot item (seen some wild damage stats) but they are VERY equipment dependent, though a blast. I woudl hold off onthis build until you have some better gear under you belt.

Malachi