new to diablo, some questions =)

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
new to diablo, some questions =)

Hi, im new to diablo and to the forums and got a few questions.

1.When you play non laddder is there a raniking system?

2.When the red writing thing that says character expires after xx day dissapers, how long does it take for the char do be deleted? or, wil it be there for "ever"? that is if i dont play that char.

3.Are all Soj`s stone of jordan worth the same?

4.When i take screenshots, and i paste in paint, all of the collors are weird, and u cant see anything, why?

5.When u guys trade for weapons and other things, do you use real money, or gold from the game?

6.Where do i find runewords for bows?

7. I have a lvl 85 amazon (using a bow)and i think she sucks...she does 900 damage......she has 320 dex,magicarrow lvl20, and i use a bow called cliffkiller.......in act 1 hell blood moor i use 5-6 arrows to kill a zombie>_< what should i do??

8.I talked with a nother bow azon, and she said she had 25k damage.......=!=!=! isnt that 25,000??

Catathor

Diabloii.Net Member
hey, I can't answer all of your questions, cuz I don't know some things, but I'll try
2 you need to play 2 hours with a character, then it can't expire. only if you don't access your account for 90 days. otherwise the character expires 4ever

4 if the colors are dark, then try to adjust the brightness in the game so the screens get a bit lighter next time

5 we don't use real money, only if you want to buy items online. we usually use runes and other items. I rarely buy something for gold, and people don't really sell good items for gold. I only use gold for potions, scrolls and my mercennary.

6 i think you can find enough sites with runewords. just type ''runewords diablo 2'' or something like that on google.

7 well, if your bow is crap, then try to find items which boost your skills. And don't waste your skill points on the weak skills, just put 1 point in them to unlock the better ones. Most skills gain bonusses from other skills ''synergies' , try to have as many as possible synergies. they make your attacks really powerfull.

8 yes 25k = 25.000 I think it's pretty hard to get this high damage, and you'll need the strong skills maxed out with synergies. you'll also need items which boost your skills, example: Harlequin Crest ( Shako ) it's a helm and it gives you +2 to all skills. You'll need such items.

well, good luck and enjoy the game

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
Catathor said:
hey, I can't answer all of your questions, cuz I don't know some things, but I'll try
2 you need to play 2 hours with a character, then it can't expire. only if you don't access your account for 90 days. otherwise the character expires 4ever

4 if the colors are dark, then try to adjust the brightness in the game so the screens get a bit lighter next time

5 we don't use real money, only if you want to buy items online. we usually use runes and other items. I rarely buy something for gold, and people don't really sell good items for gold. I only use gold for potions, scrolls and my mercennary.

6 i think you can find enough sites with runewords. just type ''runewords diablo 2'' or something like that on google.

7 well, if your bow is crap, then try to find items which boost your skills. And don't waste your skill points on the weak skills, just put 1 point in them to unlock the better ones. Most skills gain bonusses from other skills ''synergies' , try to have as many as possible synergies. they make your attacks really powerfull.

8 yes 25k = 25.000 I think it's pretty hard to get this high damage, and you'll need the strong skills maxed out with synergies. you'll also need items which boost your skills, example: Harlequin Crest ( Shako ) it's a helm and it gives you +2 to all skills. You'll need such items.

well, good luck and enjoy the game
thnx for the help !! =)

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
If i have wasted my points, can i just enter a trading window and then exit diablo? like that fact of the day says? wont my skills restart and i`l have to put them back in?, or is that cheating?

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
Catathor said:
That is wrong, the char will expire after 90 days, even if you access the account (but not the char).

To the other questions:
1. Nope. That's why it is called "non ladder"
2. see above (90 days)
3. Yes
4. If you make a screenshot, the game will create a file called "ScreenshotXY.jpg" (or similiar) in your D2 directory. That should actually work.
5. I NEVER would buy an item for real money. Most time I trade for perfect gems, runes or other items. On some realms you can trade with ingame gold, but you need *really* much gold.
6. http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
7. Well, your bow has not really much damage, and an amazon using magic arrow is not really the easiest build. You should
a) get a better bow. Faith runeword is best, but I think you may not be able to afford it. Windforce would be next on the list, it will cost you an UM or MAL rune or ~40-60 Perfect gems. If that is too expensive, get a Buriza (crossbow). That one is cheap, you will get it for a couple of perfect gems. If you play on europe ladder, you can get one from me for free...
b) make a new amazon that uses strafe or multishot. Magic arrow won't get you far without decent gear.
8. Yes, that's 25,000. You may get it with a faith bow, a fortiude armor, a good might merc with a pride weapon and a couple of other really expensive gear. I didn't try, I'm not that rich.

And to your last question: No, you can't replace your skillpoints. Start a new char. I would suggest a ladder char, but that's just me.

*stkrause

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
thnx for the help=) an i do play in europe,and the reason i asked about that ranking thing where because someone told me to type /dnd or something to check my rank, but I read the post about scams the day before(thank god).but the scam thread didnt say anything about ranking, i think..........

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, the /dnd scam is pretty old. When you enter "/dnd <some message>" and someone whispers you, he will get the message (dnd=do not disturb). If you write "/dnd acc passwd", he will get your password and rob all your items, or delete your chars, or something like that.

And as you are in europe, you can whisper me at *stkrause or *stkrause_too. I'll see what I can do for you. But be fast, I have to go to bed very early today, and I'll be away for the next few days...

*stkrause

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
cant play to day, the computer with diablo is gone for a few days.....and one of my d2 cd got broken right after i installed!!!so i cant install on the other computer jezzz....guess il buy i new one ^_^