Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new to d2 lod

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by diablonublet, Jun 22, 2008.

1. diablonublet

diablonublet IncGamers Member

new to d2 lod

hey all i'm brand new to the game always wanted till play it and decided when i heard their was gonna be ladder reset to buy it bought it the day before reset....anyway

i made myself a necromancer and so far im up to diablo im lvl 30 and i have
    like 15+3 skeleton mastery and liek 5-6 skeletons and 3 mages and they get 1-2 shotted by diablo. till this point my necro has pwn but diablo was like a wall for him. i really wanted to solo the game first because every room i tryed was really rushing everything so i had to team up to beat diablo anyway thats no biggie. but then some people told me i wasn't gonna be able to pvp later with my necro because summons suck.

i would like to pvp later on don't care about being uber or have best items just would like to be able to kill ppl and heres where i need your guys help.

is their a class or a necro build that i can use summons + be able to pwn in pvp aswell i dont care if its 1 summon. i love summons and pets so i prefer it have one.

also how do people lvl so fast? by the time i was lvl 24 their was already people lvl 80+

i wanna start a new character before even getting to baal because my lvl 30 necro will prob get pwned over and over again if i attempt to do that last act.

so can you guys please reccomend me something thats good at pvp+ has a summon or something

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: new to d2 lod

There is a first thing to remember, PVP is for the rich - and a bit for the well skilled. Seen the fact that you only have one character at lvl 30 and that this is your first try at the game, I'm afraid you will have to wait longer until you can the good equipment. Then you can go for some pvp action, though remember that unless you have good gear, you will be pwn'ed a lot.
    As build that use summons, you get the summon build for both necromancer and druid, and then some builds that use summons as a distraction - wind druid comes to mind.
    Check out the guides found in the stickies I'll link to.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=607049
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=366742 - necro summons seems to be not so popular in pvp.

P.S. your build certainly isn't a bad build, just go ahead and play the game like you want without reading the guide - A first time is the perfect time to learn some basic things about the game you can't learn from a guide. Just go and have fun, I doubt that if you play smart and select the right curses, you will have trouble in act 5.

The people that lvl much faster are sometimes people that use hack, don't ask me what hack, though I'm almost sure there will be some sort of hack.
    Besides those people, you have people that play legit though in well organised parties of 8 people. Not only do they get more experience, they kill much faster as each character helps the others. Count in the fact that they know where to run for good experience and you may understand how they lvl that fast.

P.P.S. anyway, I still find it strange that they are lvl 80+ and you are still just lvl 30, are you sure you did start right after the ladder started and that you aren't playing non-ladder?

3. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

You need to have a decent PvM (player versus monster) character before even start thinking about PvP. That is because most PvP characters suck in PvM and vice versa.
    A skellimancer is a very good character to start your diablo career, BTW. So go on with and once you have found\traded enough nice gear you can build a PvP char.

-AnQ

4. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Btw, in order for your skeletons and mages to do well against Diablo, you should get at least 1 point in the skill "Summon Resist".

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Well, you are a firsttimer, probably playing mostly alone, they are veterans in well-organized team with good PvM builds. Summon necro is a good build for starting players, but he is not exactly fast against monsters.

The normal Diablo is allways a big hurdle for skelemancers. Safe, but veery long way to kill him is recasting your clay golem and using iron maiden on Diablo, hoping that he will use the melee attack.