Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Classic!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Feonn, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Feonn

Feonn Diabloii.Net Member

New to Classic!

Heya!

So...I figured I'd give DII another shot, when I quickly realized that the one thing that makes DII too easy are both Softcore and, especially, Runewords.
    Now was I already a HC player, but that aside, that leaves those damned Runewords. So I gave Classic another shot.

I made a Sorc on HC, Classic. I got her to level 19 when I was impatient and started teleing; right into a boss-pack. I ran outta mana and so much for her. Rip :scratchchin:

Now, ofcourse I don't give up hope! I was planning on making her a Firewall-Orb sorc, because that would be one of the least gear-dependent builds I think.
    Is that a good build? Or what...? Should I go with something else. I don't know how good the items in Classic are and what builds become really weak without Runewords/Skill specific items/Unique's

I'd like a build that has some sort of Crowd Control. Like a Bowazon or something

Regards

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: New to Classic!

In LoD, the firewall/orb sorc works, because your Merc can hold the monsters in place while you light the barbecue.
    Unfortunately in classic, Mercs do not travel with you from act to act and they are made of papier-mâché with sugarcubes.

A relatively safe build would be a WW barbarian (all weapons automatically get the 4fpa breakpoint) and another safe build would be a hammerdin, which are, unfortunately, still severely overpowered.

A strafezon could work, but only after you find yourself a solid bow. And even then, you'll need a high level valk at your side and some crushing blow on your gear.

3. Feonn

Feonn Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks!

I've thought about making a barb! I got a level 18 Sorc now, just trying to get her to a decent level first to get some basic gear (Sigon's etc.) so I can start up another char (WW Barb I think)

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Great idea! As a first sorc on a realm I would probably make a Orb sorc with a high level of teleport(preferably max). At least one point in static, one in Nova and lots of vitality gets her ready to tackle all but the cold+lightning immunes.

Welcome (back) to classic by the way. :)