Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to barb.. pls help

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by xxdamnedxx, Jun 7, 2005.

1. xxdamnedxx

xxdamnedxx IncGamers Member

New to barb.. pls help

This is my first time making a barb n i hope that u guys will help me out..
    i plan to make a pvp ww barb.. hope that i can get some useful tips n guides.. btw, i have read all the previous guides.

i need to know..
    1.Wad gear to choose for barb? expensive one nvm..
    2.wad skills to allocate and why
    3 how much stat points into which stat?

*Most impt - try not to use short forms for items or barb skills..

TYTY

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The problem with pvp is that it's a game only for the wealthy, so unless you can shell out for some really expensive gear, you won't perform very well.

Similarly, you didn't distinguish whether you were doing caster or melee pvp.

Caster:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=336610&highlight=guide+short

Melee, the one in the guide thread works.

-Hal

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I'll write the words out if you write out 'important' and 'what'

deal?

if you read the guides they should answer all those questions, particularly 2 and 3

what were you trying to say about expensive gear?

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I dun kno wad yoo takg abut!!

The WW guide is really well written and will help out alot, however as Hal said PvP atleast in public games is very wealth oriented and very much a who can get the most perfect set of uniques. if you really want to learn to be good at PvP or PvM play your build through and play builds that are harder to play, it takes time but the ability to use your characters skills better will fair you much more wins when you start PvP using high end equipment.

DoD anyone?

Here are some builds I have played using barbs that will get you thinking a bit more on your feet (out of the box).

Single tree: (yep have played all three single tree only barbs including combat masteries only)

Magi Barb: using a barb with firewall and fireball from trangs set, teaches you how to really incorporate warcries and combat masteries for defence.

If you click on my name and go to threads I have started you can find all the info you need about those 2 builds.

If you really want to jump right into PvP then grab the WW barb guide that is stickied at top of forum, and put your gear together, I am sure you'll find some people that will be thrilled to kill your character over and over again. :)

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Well, let's go a bit easy on him for the spelling, under the assumption that he might be Singaporean; all of my friends from there type in a similar manner, as irritating as some of the words might be ;)

-Hal

6. xxdamnedxx

xxdamnedxx IncGamers Member

you are right.. i'm a singaporean.. well.. its a trend for youngsters to type this way... pardon me for my spellings...

wad i was trying to say in my first post was, i have the money to buy expensive gears, so do not worry about that, just tell me what do i need to buy to make a good pvp ww barb..

And what does max block means?? 75% block is against what kinda monster??

Any help would be appreciated..

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

hah hah, I feel so cool for being able to pick out where you were from by how you type the English language! My friends at Temasek Poly do the same thing.

But anyhoo, max block means 75% block. It's not against a particular enemy - if you have max block, you have it against every melee enemy.

As for the gear question, just look at the guides. That has the gear listed.

-Hal

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I wasn't trying to be hard on him or anything, just thought I should head it off on his first post, anyways damned, most of those questions are answered in the guides, you should be able to ask more specific questions if you've read them

9. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

*pats Ash*

Calm Ash, calm. It's okay :)

-Hal