Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to barb forum and need guidance!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by tl998, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

New to barb forum and need guidance!

Hello. I'm pretty much new to the barb forum, and I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I have aa few questions to ask before I start my first barb ever.

1) Should I only invest in a few skills in the warcry tree? As in, do the benefits of one skill cancel anotehr out? For example Shout, Battle order, and battle command...can only one of them be 'active' at a time? Does it work the same for the offensive cries?

2) If I plan on eventually getting and using the whole IK set. What kinda barb should he be then? What skills should he utilize?

2. itsmillertime

itsmillertime IncGamers Member

You can have more than one warcry active at the same time. For example you could have shout, battle orders, and battle command all active at the same time. Most barb builds will have max battle orders because its just too good to pass up. With the whole IK set you'll have alot of elemental damage so you should be able to play through the whole game using only one attack skill. For this your best bet would be either a concentration barb (see hal's guide stickied at the top) or a whirlwind barb. I'd say thats just personal preference.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

Whirlwing? Really? What's all this I hear on bnet about WW sucking now?

4. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

ww does not suck, its the characters that suck, barbs, like all melee characters, are expensive to build. you need good weapon to do well. and also warcries are important, especially battle orders and shout... max those 2 along with 1 point into battle command.

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It's not that the skill sucks so much as that it's just a lot weaker by comparison to monster stats, and it requires a really good item set-up now. It used to be that you could make a powerful ww barb with some bubblegum and a few toothpicks, but now you actually need a pretty high-end weapon and some excellent mana/life leech or damage-to-mana gear to hold up in hell.

-Hal

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

As opposed to a your build where I wouldn't need top end items right? :)

7. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Thats right, high end items help killing speed but you can survive and fight with mediocre gear.

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Exactly. I suggest the most useful items in the guide, but it runs well regardless of what you find; that's the beauty of the template and the way the skills work and interact with one another. WW barbs just require great eq to run now, it's a sad fact of life =/

-Hal