Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Assassains

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MercyfulFate, Apr 23, 2008.

1. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate IncGamers Member

New to Assassains

Hey guys. I know absolutely nothing about Assassins. I was reading through the build guides but have no clue what I'm looking at. I wanted to make just a general martial arts assassin. I'm not looking to be the fastest uber killer or anything like that. Just a fun Martial Arts build that will no have trouble in any area in hell (-iron maiden, gloams, etc.)

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks

2. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Re: New to Assassains

well.. i would suggest TrapDancer.

hmm. I have no problem with that in hell mode.

3. Nightswipe

Nightswipe IncGamers Member

A phoenix striker without + skills has quite a hard time in hell. But with it...that's another story.

4. MercyfulFate

Well I'm not extremely poor, but I'm not rich either. I also have no idea what either of you two said haha

I just reread my first post and realized it was confusing. The (-iron maiden, gloams, etc.) meant besides iron maiden and gloams. Being a melee class I would expect to have problems with maiden. And gloams, well gloams just suck. haha

I just wanna kick stuff and claw it. What's a good build for that?

5. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

haha. Trap Kicker was what I meant. Throw Light Traps and Death Traps around, Kick those mobs that are immuned to lightning. this build is not very expensive if you are on Ladder i think... ha

Well. If u wanted kicker claw.. I have no idea. haha

6. improvius

improvius IncGamers Member

If you get hit (or are in danger of getting hit) with IM, just take your boots off temporarily.

7. Nightswipe

Iron maiden curses only exist in one area in the entire game so that would'nt be a superbig problem. Gloams are very easy if you manage to find something with absorb lightning + relatively high res against it.

An assassin itself is never strong on her own if you just wanna hit and claw stuff. If you don't want flashy attacks(elemental attacks) you only have tiger strike to choose from.

8. jtam

jtam IncGamers Member

Max Tiger Strike
    1pt into Cobra Strike
    Max Phoenix Strike
    Max Dragon Talon or Dragon Tail
    Max Shadow Master
    Max Claw Mastery or Venom (Or weapon block if you're using claw/claw)

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I wouldn't suggest the (rather mixed up) build in the post above. If you want to use claws and kicks, try a Dragon Tail / Claws of Thunder / Phoenix Striker:

20 Tiger Strike
    20 Dragon Tail
    20 Claws of Thunder
    20 Phoenix Strike
    The rest into Shadow skills.

Equipment - Upped Gore riders or Shadow Dancers for boots and as many +skills as you can get.

For something abit less daunting as a first assassin, the Trap/kicker is a nice build.

Two - WSK and Chaos Sanctuary :tongue:

10. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

If you wanna go for a cool melee assassin with dual claws, I suggest making a build like:

Skills:
    20 Dragon Claw​
    This would be your main skill. It does some pretty good damage!
    20 Claw mastery​
    This works like a synergy as it increases your attackrating and damage done by dragon claw.
    20 Fade​
    Fade gives you a boost in resist and 1 % physical damage reduction pr. skill lvl. Nice! Gives you much more flexibility when it comes to picking out gear.
    1 Blade Fury​
    With this skill, you wont have any problems with iron maiden casters.
    20 Venom​
    Some +elemental damage is allways good to have.

11. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Even a c/c Kicker should consider at least one points DS, right?

You don't have to max it, but have it when you need a little crowd control/killing ;)

12. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

Post #10 continued:

Armor:
    Fortitude in Dusk Shroud
    A Fortitude armor in a dusk shroud will improve the damage done be both claws by 300 %. It will also enhance life and resist.

Claws:
    1. Claw Upped Bartuc
    2. Nat's Claw

I will not comment this. Just do it!

Boots:
    Gore Rider
    There is no doubt here. These boots give us: chance of crushing blow 15%, deadly strike 15%, and chance of open wounds 10%.

Belt 1:
    String Of Ears
    15 % physical damage reduce and 8 % life steal. Two very important factors in this build.

Belt 2:
    Verdungo's Coil
    The Verdungo's Coil also gives us 15 % damage reduce. However, it does not have life steal. On the other hand, it gives us up 40 stat points to vitality. Since we have to spend a lot of stat points in dexterity and strength to be able to equipt our claws, the Verdungo's Coil would be a good option.
    However, the choice in belts depends on the rest of the gear. I will explain this further.

Gloves 1:
    Laying Of Hands
    These gloves give us 20 IAS, 50 % fire resist and 350 % damage to demons. Thats about it. Combining these gloves with Nat's Claw will give us 550 % damage to demons.

Gloves 2:
    Dracul's Crasp
    Life steal, chance to cast life tap on striking, strength, chance of open wounds 25%, up to 10 to life pr. kill. Simply, these gloves will keep you alive. But they lack IAS. A frase worth mentioning is: "Good offense is good defense", which is why i prefer Laying of Hands. The choice in gloves is a personal choice. Another thing worth mentioning is: If you choose Dracul's Crasp, you should use a Verdungo's Coil, because you will not need the life steal from String of Ears.

Ring 1:
    Raven Frost
    Cannot be frozen is just a must. Another thing worth mentioning about this ring is the 20 dexterity, which will help us reach the requiremnt for the upped Bartuc.

Ring 2:
    Bul-Kathos
    1 to all skills. Life steal and an increase in life. Great!

Amulet:
    Highlord's Wrath
    20 IAS, up to 37 % deadly strike, and 35 % lightning resist. Perfect for our build.

Inventory: Torch, anni, 7 shadow sks. This is a PVM character and we need some free space, which is why a number of 7 shadow skillers is a better choice.
    Because we will be using fade, we will need some frw. So I imagine some small charms with 3 frw/3 max dmg etc.

Now let us look at the skills.

20 Fade
    With 7 shadow skillers, 3 skills from Torch, 1 from anni, 1 from Bul-Kathos, 1 from Highlord's Wrath, and 2 from Bartuc's, we will reach a fade level of 35.
    20+7+3+1+1+1+2 = 35
    We get 1% physical damage reduce pr. fade level. Fade will therefore give us 35% physical damage reduce, and as we will be using either Verdungo's Coil or String of Ears, we will reach 50 % physical damage reduce. Note, 50 % is the maximum.
    A level 35 fade wil also give us 70 to all resistances!

20 Venom
    I don't want to comment this. This will increase our damage over time and help us kill physical immunes.

20 Dragon Claw
    Our main skill. Again, I not going to comment this. Im going out for a smoke soon.

20 Claw Mastery
    This works almost like a synergy and will increase our attack rating and damage done byt the claws.

6 Weapon Block
    Essential in this build. With the +skills we get from our equiptment and inventory, we will reach a level 21 weapon block, which will give us 58 % chance to block. Great!

1 Blade Fury
    1 in blade fury is enough as the damage mainly depends on the claw damage.
    This skill will save our *** from those iron maiden casters.

1 Dragon Fight
    This skill wil also save our *** from time to time. When cornered or packed in a group of mobs, this skill can teleport us away from the danger.
    On the other hand, it can also get you right in the middle of the action. Yeah!

13. MercyfulFate

I think I am gonna go with something along these lines.

A Bartuc's and a Jade Talon looks good. And a Chains of Honor or a Treachery seems good. Belt maybe T-gods or SoE doesn't really matter I guess.

Im undecided on the helm though, Shako for the skills?

Also, I would guess when I'm leveling I would want to use claws, so just rare or magic claws til Bartucs is available?

@Rocksin - I really appreciate all effort you put into your reply.

14. Nightswipe

Dang. You're right.

15. improvius

improvius IncGamers Member

You're both wrong, it's three. CS, WSK, FoP.

:grin:

16. Nightswipe

FoP? ssssssssssssssss