Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New to Amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by PuNKaSS4_20, Jun 9, 2005.

1. PuNKaSS4_20

PuNKaSS4_20 IncGamers Member

New to Amazon

Hey all.
    I'm attempting to build my first amazon and I could use some advice. I want to use a bow as a primary weapon, but I'm not sure which skills are the best. I've read the build guides, but i'm still unsure so I'm asking for your expertise. I want to be able to plug away through hell without many problems. i'm thinking of maxing the valk and maybe critical strike, but I'm not sure which bow skills are the most powerful, especially later on. guided, magic, strafe, multi,???? cold/fire? what worked best for you? I'm not asking for a complete guide, but just what works and what doesn't and any other info that might help.

thanks!

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

In my experience, Strafe is the best physical damage dealing bow skill, so naturally I'd recommned a Strafeazon. As a backup attack you can choose either Freezing Arrow or Magic Arrow...Magic Arrow is best against physical immunes (doesn't require mana) while Freezing Arrow has better crowd control...

Maxing Critical Strike would be a waste, it has severe diminishing returns. 1 point with a couple of +skills is usually enough, otherwise put 1-5 points in it. A maxed Valkyrie is very handy, she can survive very well in Hell and even do a little damage:)

Multishot should also be a viable skill, but I've never tried it so...The fire arrow skills are generally considered to be inferior to the ice ones.

Guided is no longer a main skill, since it doesn't work with Pierce anymore, it's only for taking out troublesome monsters like shamans.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Plug away through hell without many problems with a physical damage based bowazon? You better have some nice gear including a bow along the lines of windforce or upgraded witchwild string or eaglehorn. Maxing Valk is not a bad idea as she is a fearsome tank for you in hell and gets equipment upgrades with each level. Maxing critical is a waste. Get it up to around 45-50% as beyond that diminshing returns kick in hard. One point guided + maxed strafe is the best physical damage based bowazon build in my opinion. Multishot just doesn't have the power in 1.10 unless you have obscene damage gear + 7 fps shot. If you go for physical damage a nightmare act2 merc is necessary for the might aura. Even with 400+ dex (don't forget to get vitality to around 70-80 for hell) and a high level might merc a physical damage bowazon WILL slow down significantly when trying to kill hell monsters in multiple player games. I myself had a level 94 strafezon in ladder season one and she killed well in hell (even hell 8 player worldstone) but i had to put a ton of wealth into her, including chains of honor for resistance survival.

4. PuNKaSS4_20

PuNKaSS4_20 IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice. Im thinking about going with the strafe. one quick question... stats... strength-enough to equip, dex-as much as i can get, life-probably around 800? more? mana as always, base. is this a good formula?
    again, thanks, you guys rock.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Strength: Enough for your weapon/armor, also considering strength bonuses from equipment

Dexterity: At least 350-400 base, bowazons need damage badly

Vitality: 750-1000 life should survive a few hits in hell

Energy: Base