Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New the Amazon. My cows only Javazon. your Critique please <

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by mjpw, Nov 4, 2006.

1. mjpw

mjpw Banned

New the Amazon. My cows only Javazon. your Critique please

Hi I am looking to make my first ever Lightning Amazon using all the normal gear.

I intend to use the character for running hell cows only and nothing else which means that I am not sure about the allocation of points.

I will put 20 points into lightning fury of course. But as all other synergies are only 1% I will not bother with them. This is the only skill I will use.

I will not bother with charged strike. Simply because I can herd all the cows together and kill them with LF. If I miss a few it does not matter.

Do I need critical strike as I am only using lightning to kill and I will not be venturing outside of the Moo Moo farm?

This also means that I will invest in the passive skills.

I intend to put points into dodge and Evade and pierce but I am not sure how many.

Prereq in avoid as cows do not have bows

Do I even need to put any points into Dexterity as LF always hits. I could simply put min strength and the rest into health

Apart from that I was considering maxing the valk and its synergies letting her walk into the thick of it and blasting away from the sidelines could you tell me what the flaws are please.

I do not think that there will be any problems here as I am not interested in physical damage only lightning.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. charged strike will not be used no use spending points when I will ignore single cows or simply herd them

2. tinncann25

tinncann25 Diabloii.Net Member

Well I guess i wont bother with the persuading you on the usefulness of cs. You seem pretty convinced.

Without plus skills you would want around 10-11 in to both evade and dodge. You will need avoid, cows dont have bows, but cows do get lightning enchanted =P

ur skills i guess would look like this (in this order

20 lf
    20 valk
    (1pt pierce, place 6 into d/a/e, then get pierce to around lvl 10, before you finish with d/a/e)
    11 dodge
    11 avoid
    11 evade
    15 pierce
    20 decoy(rest)

Im assuming ur totally avoiding any other jav skills and that you have no +skills.

Are you using an infinity mercanery? If you are not you may want to think about jab or fiend to kill light immune uniques.

You stats:
    str - enough for gear
    dex - enough for ur jav or max block if you want to go that route
    vit - all

Please list your intended gear choice if you want more help.

3. mjpw

mjpw Banned

thank you for the help. i am as poor as a poor can be. this is my first character after a long lay off and the heady days of enigma and BOTD are long gone.

apart from the standard titans i will be wearing all mf gear. 4pgems in armour etc.

could you tell me the best point placement. do i need any points in DEX silly i know but this is a cow only run.

i am hoping to purchase my titans for half a dozen Pgems or similar.

4. stoutewolf

stoutewolf Diabloii.Net Member

If i were you, i would put points into the snynergies.

Every bit of extra damage will help, especially if you dont have alot of +skills and or +/- % dmg/resistance:smiley:

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

If it's only cows that you'll be using this zon for, then you can theoretically dump as many points as you can into synergies, after all required skills are met (Pierce, Valk etc). You aren't going to be hit, unless you roll on a level where the portal is swamped as soon as you walk in.

You could even go without block, especially if you're going with either Phoenix or a Faceted monarch. After a few cow runs, you could go whole runs without being hit once.

6. mjpw

mjpw Banned

Do you mean the Passive synergies sorry.
    also will i need any dex over what is required for titans as i will still have to leach mana

lastly will i need to add to my mana pool or if i use frosties will this compensate

thanks

7. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky Diabloii.Net Member

frosties will help, but with no points already in it, it wont do much. id say gaze. (ive never made a javzon without one) and yes, cows get pwnt by LF. just be careful not to whack the king with the first-thrown jav. (the first one you throw does physical too, branches are pure lite. also, id recommend using cs or something not throwing (titans run out faster than u think, and the replenish takes like 5 mins.)

edit- oops, you said buying titans for pgems so they wouldnt be eth, so u can just repair them. k go ahead, throw away.

8. mjpw

mjpw Banned

some final questions

does avoid only work with ranged bow attacks or can you avoid elemental damage as in the cow king when you hit him.

secondly how much mana should an untwinked LF amazon have.

thanks

9. tinncann25

tinncann25 Diabloii.Net Member

yes it avoids anything that thrown, cast w/e at u

Mana question i shard. It depends on how much leech you have. I need enough mana so that your not using more thant 3-4 pots in one cow run.

10. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

if you're only going to do cows then just max lf and all synergies and that's it, you don't need valk/merc for cows at all (decoy is useful though)

herd cows, blast them with lf, then kill off remaining ones with cs
    since your gear is basic you'll have to pot a lot anyway, no easy way to fix this

gloves should probably be 3/20 or 2/20, can be shopped in hell at anya and other places

11. Fuzzier

Fuzzier Diabloii.Net Member

max LF, its synergies and Piercing.

12. ogogo on ice

ogogo on ice Diabloii.Net Member

One thing about the valk: If you planning ong etting together humoungous groups and then LF-ing them, I'd avoid having a merc/valk out at all times. When I used to cow a lot, the valk would get all the cows following her, making it a lot more difficult to herd effectively.

13. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

If you are used to using merc (I know a lot of ppl ain't for cows, but if you are), put an insight stick and that's the end of mana problem.

14. psych

psych Diabloii.Net Member

For cows:

Don't use merc/valk, they make it harder for you to herd

About mana, don't use mana leach, this is based off the physical damage you do, use mana after each kill instead (for example silkweaves)

15. plasmo

plasmo Diabloii.Net Member

As has been noted, mercs and valks simply mess up herds unless you have Enigma, which you don't.

LF synergies aren't all that great (they're more for CS). But since you'll probably have a lot of points left over after maxing LF and putting a few in pierce, dodge, evade, etc, you might as well stick leftovers in LF synergies.

Most people aim for around 50% dodge and evade, although diminishing returns really slow them down after ~ level 6. The only other good place for skill points is valk to get her to 17 for a war pike, but you shouldn't use one anyway, so forget that.

Oh, and Razortail will really help with piercing; you can get one for a few pgems. It has 33% pierce built in, so you only need 67% for 100% pierce, which is right where the pierce skill starts hitting nasty diminishing returns (8-9 points after +skills).

Str, dex for gear, none in ene, rest in vit (same as all builds now). Mana is the main problem, although mana after kill (the already-mentioned Silkweaves), the lowly Manald Heal ring, and simply grabbing a few mana pots after each herd kill can fix that pretty easily; putting hard points into energy is a waste.

Aim for IAS breakpoints. With Titan's, BPs are 10,20,30,55,90. Cat's Eye, 20% IAS gloves (Laying of Hands is cheap, although crafted/rare gloves can be very good), and a 15% IAS jewel somewhere will get you to 55.

16. mjpw

mjpw Banned

thanks for the info.

this character is the money.

i maxed LF
    15 points in dodge, evade and the other one
    15 in pierce
    20 points in valk
    20 point in decoy for valk life synergy.

i run 8 player cows for fun.

i round up all the cows until they are a giant mass and then cast Valk who comes in with 4500 life. if you run around the cows and cut very close to the valk all cows will head to the valk.

then throw 10 javs into the giant pack and hundreds will fall and none will attack you. the Valk always stays alive unless the is a lightning enchanted multi shot cow. i never die and its the easiest money ever.

this is the way to play cows.

i carry two sets of titans each on a switch and throw them in. eight player games need 280 javs. oh the other 7 are off killing meph or something.

my resists are all negative in some cases 100% but none of that matters.
    my gear is based on damage reduction and foot speed. forget IAS as everything is interested in the Valk i can slowly spam away at my hearts content

Foot speed

30% Javs
    30% Boots
    40% Necro Armour

50% damage reduction.

my favourite character.

my finds have got me two ISTs, Full IK and nearly a full Tals.
    not to mention skillers, sc 20life etc etc

if anyone needs any socketables call me i have everything. (not strickly true, have not found a eth berserker axe yet,erm or a war pike)

the best character i have every had and forget the metorb sorc this is the money for a first character. all you need are some titans and thats it, 6pgems

17. Bargnani

Bargnani Diabloii.Net Member

hey sry may i ask how did u distribute ur stats point, thanks

*edit, and also wats ur MF % at?

18. mjpw

mjpw Banned

hi to answer the last question

no MF its pointless save those for bosses

str enough for gear
    dex enough for titans
    mana some not much i use 40% mana gloves
    Vit the rest

also i use a sigons shield as it gives a much better block rate than spirit and it does have +1 skills

19. Jek

Jek Diabloii.Net Member

Bleh. If you boost synergies (and the all important 1 strafe/eaglehorn switch) you do not need to fling more than 2-3 javs at the very max, and you get the bonus of being able to solo Diablo and Baal with ease too.

20. psych

psych Diabloii.Net Member

Consider changing your armor, because trangs armor is chaos plate, and it has a fr/w penalty.

If you use for example stealth (tal-eth) in a "light" armor you will be even faster, also sigons shield gives you a penalty to fr/w

Check the Arreat Summit for info about light, medium, heavy armors / shields