Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Summon Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Gibby, May 9, 2005.

1. Gibby

Gibby Banned

New Summon Druid

Alright I've decided that I'll build a summon druid with heart of wolverine/bear with synergies/poison creeper. I was just wondering if anyone in here had used this strategy before and if it was effective. Any hints would be largely helpful. Thanks.

2. Darzaroth

Darzaroth IncGamers Member

Sounds like a weird build, i havent got any tips on it apart from....it might be a bit weak and not get through nm, but dont listen to me, sounds like a fun build u go for it =D tell us how you do to :)

3. Darzaroth

Darzaroth IncGamers Member

didnt realise ye the bear will get you through nm easily :p

didnt see u added bear with synergies :p

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I haven't tried Poison Creeper, but I don't think good for anything else than stopping monsters from regenerating.

It would be more effective to branch out into elemental and get Fissure & Firestorm...maybe Volcano but it doesn't work very well with Grizzly because of the knockback:(

You could also get a bow...preferrably one with good elemental damage like Kuko Shakaku or Harmony if you're ladder (Also comes with Valkyrie:)). Another option would be Witchwild String because it has chance to cast Amplify Damage, but I think it would go trigger to little to be worth it. Also a Delerium Helm would be awesome...If you can find a nice druid helm with good +skills, like +3 Grizzly it would be godly. The Confuse will be a very effective crowd control skill...

You should definitely get a might merc...preferably with Reaper's Toll for the Decreipify or maybe Pride.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Simple enough build it is called a hunter add the bow like Chim said and look at the top of the page for the stickied guide from FenrisWulf.

6. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

creeper is a very deadly creature.

more is here

http://www.geocities.com/welett/creeper.htm

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey suppose i go with Harmony Bow - would a shadow or a blade bow be better for hunter? Also would slapping on a +3 passive/magic skills//20ias gloves further boost the valk?

8. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

The gloves won't help as far as I know. My fav bow is a silence crusador for the +skill, ias decent damage and amazing res. I am a huntermentalist though so it is a little different of a build.

9. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Harmony is a nice bow if you don't mind not having plus skills. The vigor will make your minions move quickly to intercept monsters so you don't have to run away. The valk can be the difference between your pack going down and holding the line. Elemental damage is sweet since you will have alot of physical damage with a bear, HoW, and might merc. I use a great bow for the speed/damage. I think blade is nice but since you have the modifiers from HoW and might you might as well get some damage also. The negative is the str requirement, but with zero to energy and not needing a huge amount of life, it is no a problem for me. I have not tried a shadow bow but it seems like as good an option with its lower str requirement and higher damage. I just prefer the speed of -10 wsm bows with my hunter. One frame isn't alot until you get used to having that one frame, then it's tough to go back. Plus needing less ias gear and having a higher str helps in choosing items.

Fissure and volcano is an amazing combo with a hunter.

10. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Is creeper viable in PvP with a summoner?

11. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey thks a mil guys :D Hmm ok i dropped by the Barb forum as they have that german weapon calculator and with a -10wsm bow and 52ias from gear a druid will hit 10fpa. Yes i did browse the ave dmg for bows and Blade has 1 less but requires far less str hehe. Also am i inputing the values correctly as i am assuming i'd have 60oias from gear or does this only refers to weapon ias?

12. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

not very viable.

but for PvM, i used to do hell cows with creeper