new star wars trailer

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I liked it a million times better with the old score, now I'm just reminded that it's the watered down version of Star Wars

evild2player

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks like there's going to be a lot more action than the first and second combined. Interesting, I definitely want to see this movie.

indeed. the plots kind of obvious though, unless they can throw some kind of unpredictable twist in, it won't be OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT MOVIE? ish.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
indeed. the plots kind of obvious though, unless they can throw some kind of unpredictable twist in, it won't be OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT MOVIE? ish.
Be fair though.

OMG ANAKIN BECOMES VADER???????

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
Hmm you seemed to have missed the actual plot.

Its not just Anakin becomes Vader. Its how he becomes Vader, why he falls to the dark side. Its a very tragic story, you wont watch any of the originals with the same view again. Ive read the novelization and its made an impact yet it hasnt touched on what the actual film will begin to do.

Anakins fall is perfectly represented in the darkness of the film. Just look at its rating for a start, the only Star Wars film that is not a U/PG. I think this has the potential from what is out there that we have seen to be one of the films of the year if not decade.

Anyway onto the trailer discussion..

The music was a let down it didnt suit half of the scenes that was shown especially Obi's "You Was the Chosen one!". Most of it was footage we had seen before anyway from the previous two trailers but we did see a few new clips.

Did anyone else notice Darth Vaders' arms at the end have changed from being like :

|_0_| [0 = head]

to now being down by his side. I actually prefer it down by his side, as it ties in with the pictures of anakin on the operating table.

The end zoom in of vader made my hairs stand up on the back of my neck. :eek:

17 days \o/

Chynobi said:

Its not just Anakin becomes Vader. Its how he becomes Vader, why he falls to the dark side. Its a very tragic story, you wont watch any of the originals with the same view again. Ive read the novelization and its made an impact yet it hasnt touched on what the actual film will begin to do.

Anakins fall is perfectly represented in the darkness of the film. Just look at its rating for a start, the only Star Wars film that is not a U/PG. I think this has the potential from what is out there that we have seen to be one of the films of the year if not decade.

Anyway onto the trailer discussion..

The music was a let down it didnt suit half of the scenes that was shown especially Obi's "You Was the Chosen one!". Most of it was footage we had seen before anyway from the previous two trailers but we did see a few new clips.

Did anyone else notice Darth Vaders' arms at the end have changed from being like :

|_0_| [0 = head]

to now being down by his side. I actually prefer it down by his side, as it ties in with the pictures of anakin on the operating table.

The end zoom in of vader made my hairs stand up on the back of my neck. :eek:

17 days \o/
meh thats me, rash and naive. is it really pg13 though? lol. =o

the trailers make it seem that he becomes mean b/c he wants more power .. is there a deeper meaning or what? feel free to hit me, btw. :rolleyes:

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
meh thats me, rash and naive. is it really pg13 though? lol. =o
Yep :

MPAA: Rated PG-13 for sci-fi violence and some intense images.

the trailers make it seem that he becomes mean b/c he wants more power .. is there a deeper meaning or what?
Your partly correct he wants more power but there is a reason for him wanting the power. Which is much deeper and can partly be seen in Aotc.

Bleh trying to make it all spoiler free :p

Chynobi said:
Yep :

MPAA: Rated PG-13 for sci-fi violence and some intense images.

Your partly correct he wants more power but there is a reason for him wanting the power. Which is much deeper and can partly be seen in Aotc.

Bleh trying to make it all spoiler free :p
haha yeah, sorry for pushing it. =o

guess ill just wait. :D

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
haha yeah, sorry for pushing it. =o

guess ill just wait. :D
Heh no problem i just dont want to drop a big ol spoiler for instance that Palpatine is really Anakins Father and then ruin it all for everyone :p

No Palpatine isn't Anakins Father

Chynobi said:
Heh no problem i just dont want to drop a big ol spoiler for instance that Palpatine is really Anakins Father and then ruin it all for everyone :p

No Palpatine isn't Anakins Father
O_O

the chancellor = palpatine

and chancellor palpatine is the evil guy in the original 3 (actually 6th) movie, right? the guy with lightning.

theres too many old scary guys.

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
O_O

the chancellor = palpatine

and chancellor palpatine is the evil guy in the original 3 (actually 6th) movie, right? the guy with lightning.

theres too many old scary guys.
Yup, Its kind of a give away if you've watched Return of the Jedi. Emperor Palpatine :p

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this the one that ran in front of Hitchhiker's? If so I thought it was excellent too. I am gradually getting my hopes up for this movie, I really hope I'm not going to be disappointed.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Chynobi said:

Its not just Anakin becomes Vader. Its how he becomes Vader, why he falls to the dark side. Its a very tragic story
I'm sure the story of how Anakin becomes Vader will be as well told as the story of how Anakin and Padme fell in love

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
I'm sure the story of how Anakin becomes Vader will be as well told as the story of how Anakin and Padme fell in love

that was cinema magic! I totally believed it!

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:

From the reviews that have been read and clips we've seen I think this one actually will be told properly with real acting.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
The Sith shall rise again!

Anakha1 said:
I did too! After my colorectal lobotomy, that is.
That sounds very painful. And very interesting, too.

I didn't buy the whole "I've loved you my whole life" bit for one second...it seemed too scripted (not to mention wooden and stilted, but I think everyone knows that already). The dialogue was borderline retarded as well (what kind of line is "I hate sand" anyway?)

Fortunately, having read the book adaptation of "Revenge of the Sith", I can safely say that this movie is going to be much better than "Attack of the Clones". Anakin's acting is less stilted and more animated (my guess as to why this is is because he's beginning to buck his Jedi discipline).