Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"New" SPF Member, looking for players (Introduction) der

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SlimCJ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. SlimCJ

SlimCJ IncGamers Member

"New" SPF Member, looking for players (Introduction)

Hello everyone,

With the recent announcement of Diablo 3, I've had a renewed interest in my favorite game of all time; Diablo 2. I started playing single-player around 2003 with a few people around here, but soon after had a hard drive failure from which I lost all of my characters, and items :(. So, I hopped back onto battle.net, and stayed there for a while.

But, back in September 2007, I began playng single-player again. I wanted to work on getting all the items in Diablo 2 that I could. In single-player RPGs, I like to get everything, and do everything, so I figured I might as well do it in Diablo 2. I really enjoy doing that, and love working on my "stash".

I have many characters spread across different difficulties, and different acts. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get a character through Hell Act 2 on my own. So, I have come here in search of a few legit players who are active, and would like to play. I've heard that in order to do this one needs an introduction, and needs to be known around the forum. So, I am here posting my introduction. My characters are fairly new, and are 100% legit which is why I have this difficulty in Hell despite having good builds from respected guides on here, and decent gear. My currently most used characters are . . . . . . . . (As of posting time/date)

-- Druid Werewolf ~71 Hell Act 1/Nightmare Act 5
    -- Barbarian - Concentration Build ~65 Hell Act 1/Nightmare Act 5

* I have more characters, but have yet to get back into them, so I did not post them here yet. They are from level 20-60, so if someone wants to game in any of those levels they can PM me.

I hope this was a satisfactory introduction, and answered any needed questions about me. I look forward to seeing some you, and becoming an active member in the SPF forums. PM me if you are interested in gaming. I can exchange IM information (I have accounts on just about all IM services.) through PM.

-- I use v1.12a RWM/RRM

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: "New" SPF Member, looking for players (Introduction)

Welcome back to the forum; it's been a long time since I saw you last. :)

I'll say have a read of the Stickies because it's what I do and watch out for the shin kickers because it's what they do.

Have fun. :wave:

3. SlimCJ

SlimCJ IncGamers Member

Thank you :D .. I have been reading the stickies, and there's actually a lot of useful information there. Doesn't seem to be just a bunch of rules, but actual information meant to help people which is absolutely great.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

My first suggestion for each of those characters would be to try to gain a few levels.

I personally don't like to enter hell with a character below level75, since monsters higher than you get a bonus to their attack rating (and monsters lower than you get a penalty). Doing a few Baal runs in Nightmare would be the fastest levelup for you (especially if you can increase the /players setting and keep your killspeed up), and if you're lucky you might come across an equipment upgrade or three during the runs.

Welcome back.

5. SlimCJ

SlimCJ IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to doing. I especially made sure to get maxed resistance, and some pretty insane attack rating. I can generally keep up about 3-5 "players" in the Worldstone Chamber as long as I can keep hitting the enemies. If I miss more than 3 or 4 furies (on my werewolf) I'm pretty much dead unless I can run away. I only have about 1100-1200 health.

I just like to have some people there to pass the time, and to level up quicker.

Thank you for your help, and your post.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  6. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

Not passing Hell Act 2 means you never ran Hell Mephisto for items? Maybe that should be your first objective, once you get to Hell Mephisto things get easier (you get lots of good items for your future and current characters). The best character would be pure Blizzard sorc, or if you prefer dual element then Meteorb or Blizzballer (guides can be found in the stickies). Once you get better items you can make some less cookie-cutter builds (like your werewolf and concentration barb).

*kicks shins*

*casts Dim Vision*

7. SlimCJ

SlimCJ IncGamers Member

I chose the less "cookie cutter builds" because I did the "cookie cutter" builds to death on battle.net :D I don't mind haveing a "hard" time (It's not that bad, just a little slow.), if I am doing if for a change of pace. :D

That being said, on my current builds at level 70, I get killed pretty easy in Hell Cold Plains, so I'm doing Nightmare Baal runs for the most part. Like I said, all my Hell Meph run equipment/characters were lost years ago when I quit coming here (I now backup my characters on xdrive :D).

So, I've only got some Nightmare Meph/Baal run gear (I got pretty damn lucky on a quite a few items though, I'm very happy with that I got. I have pretty much max resist except for lightning, and way above 95% attack rating; even in hell.)

Thanks for the reply . . . What's your cool down on Dim Vision? I can barely see to type :D