Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by darknessproz, Apr 27, 2008.

1. darknessproz

darknessproz IncGamers Member

New Sorc

I was a classic player and will try playing LOD sometime this week. i only have maybe a stash(classic) full of pgems to spend and what are the cheap but decent items i can get for a meteorb sorc. playing in USWSCL btw

2. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

Vipermagi
    Occulus
    Magefist
    Spirit Monarch

I'd say those are the most important and very cheap. If Occulus is out of your league, you could also use Suicide Branch or another Spirit made in a 4 socketed normal sword.

3. darknessproz

Re: New Sorc

Hmm Magefist i can easily get in classic before converting but how much will the others cost?

4. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

Trade values forum

You can make a thread here and ask for a price check.

5. darknessproz

vipermagi is the unqiue armour right? what resist should i aim for? and what is Occulus?

6. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

From the Arreat Summit:

Aim for 2x res Vipermagi when you're on a budget.

7. darknessproz

whats with the 25% chance to cast teleport when struck?

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

It sucks, means that if you get hit you have a 25% chance to cast a random tele. I don't know where exactly you tele (whether it's random or opposite direction of where you got hit) but it's easily the most annoying mod in the entire game. I guess it makes up for the other godly mods for such a common item.

9. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Well, the bone prison on Arm of Leoric annoys me more, because it totally sabotages mobility. This oculus' issue isn't that annoying to me, although yea, it depends a lot on play style (and on luck/bad luck as well, from time to time).

10. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

People in the Trade Values don't like to answer common questions about uniques much. I've seen 25 or less Vipers go for 5 or less PGems. Occulus got more expensive this ladder, usually Lem+, that being at least 20 PGems. MFist is cheap unless it had perfect defense. Spirit Monarchs I'm not sure, but are in the saem range I think. Viscerataunt and Whitstan's Guard are good options if you're going block, both for fez PGems. Peasant Crown War Hat is another cheap option. Are you converting a char or starting over?
    The 25% chance to teleport on Occulus is a matter of taste really. If you're going to be a straight MFer, you'll be teleing most of the time, and having to tele once more to return to your original path will only take half second at most. I've got used to it really, and didn't bother much. but then again I prefer block sorcs, which reduces greatly your chance of being phased away...

11. darknessproz

well i am starting a new one but will be converting a mule for the pgems. so i could get vipermagi and the occulus for about 25 pgems? sounds good.

12. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

err, in all honesty, i'd try and get full tals. you should be able to pick up almost the entire set for 25pgems.

13. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

No way he can get armor and ammy for 25pgems... w/o those the set is weak imo.. but yeah if you can colect about 120pgems I think that would get you the entire set.. counting armor as um and ammy as pul (what I usually see those two go for).
    I would get the vipermagi, occulus/spirit sword/wizardspike, spirit monarch/mosers, magefists/trang gloves, and a peasant crown/Lore runeword (ort and sol in some sort of combo) if I was building a budget sorc. Once I could afford the armor/ammy I would prob upgrade to tals, especially if I was using two elements.