Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Sorc MFer

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Tiamat_the_Evil, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Tiamat_the_Evil

Tiamat_the_Evil IncGamers Member

New Sorc MFer

I was wondering what is the best gear for a FO/Nova/TS Sorc?

Currently I Use:
    Shako
    Tal Ammy
    Occy
    Tal Armor
    Garbage Unqie Shield
    Frostburns
    Tal's Belt
    2x Garbage Ring
    Silkweave Boots

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Tiamat_the_Evil

Come on somebody please help. I wanna know whats the best equip for my Sorc so she can kill Baal in Hell. Thanks.

3. rizzo91

rizzo91 IncGamers Member

hmmmm

hmmm.... that is quite a good set-up u got there,.... cud do with a socketed lidless... put in a Perfect Diamond,... o an mf jewel,.... socket ur oculus as well, insert a resistance jewel,... for more mf u cud have a socketed skullders.... only best at high lvl, with a topaz...

nice btw

4. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Hi

Well I made exactly the same sorc as you. She is a go anywhere PVM Rush and good fun with PVP due to TS being a 1.9 build generally. Unfortunately the PVP side has been overtaken by the Pala FOH build (Similar skill to TS)

However first I'll say What she wears generally. BTW Nova is a mega mana burner as you no doubt have discovered. You got that covered with frosties and silks I see.

Occy socket 15% resist all jewel
    Shako P Topaz
    Lidless socket Um
    + 3 Cold Skill Amu with 10% FCR Alternative Maras 27%
    2 x SOJ
    Skin of Viper 32% socket Um Alternative Chains of Honour
    Arachnid Mesh
    Frosties
    Silkweaves
    1 x Anni
    5 cold and 2 Lightning Skillers - just what I happened to trade

You will notice that I have maras and Chains as my second choice this is beacuse first choice has a FCR total of 110% and I can zoom anywhere without getting hit. Resists drop just below perfect when I remove both COH and Maras.

So first things first this char rocks anywhere in hell and I love her even though I have 4 other sorces. Bear in mind Nova really needs all those plus skills in 1.10 as does a Chain Lightning Sorc for that matter.

MF - Well were running round here with 124 MF not the best but it aint bad for starters. Try at all cost to keep that 110% FCR.

A strange thing happened when I Tried running Meffi just for the Hell of it I was getting uniqe after unique and my 700mf meteorb just didnt compare odd huh.

So add a pair of best% WTS you can get which takes you to 174% if perfect. Then I added an ist ist baba and a Rhyme on the switch for another 138% - takes you to 312%. Still I have immense killing power and speed so I collected 20 x 7 MF SC over a long period admittedly for another 140%. You hav to ditch some skillers here but heh were now at 452% without compromising speed or killing power.

Get an Act 2 NM Holy freeze merc and equip with or try to get Eth Bonehew socket 2 x Amn eth shako with P topaz and Skulders with P Topaz.

So When your merc gets the kill on Meffi as I often let him do (Costs about 3 health pots) you are now at 652% with virtually an untouched PVM or Rush killing machine Char.

Is this my advice? no I wouldnt be so presumptious it is just what I have done and it works.

I can hear all those CL//FO builders already shouting nooooooo. Well all I can say is I have both chars to level ** and I prefer my FO/N/TS sorc. And as I was saying she seems to outfind my pure Mf Meteorb sorc with less MF.

The real nice thing is while all the ums and jewel costs a lot you can get the base build pretty damned cheap. Well by the super elite standards anyway. Substitute glooms until you can afford arac although this will kill your 110% FCR and theres nothing you cant get or dont have already.

Anyway its nice to see someone hasn't followed the mass herd of sheep out there. Mmm probably shouldnt say that but its nice anyway

Good Luck

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

you mean the mass herd of sheep that made this build in .09? :)

i generally advise against nova in .10 because of the low damage and range.

6. Tiamat_the_Evil

Well...

Occy socket 15% resist all jewel
    Shako P Topaz
    Lidless socket Um
    + 3 Cold Skill Amu with 10% FCR Alternative Maras 27%
    2 x SOJ
    Skin of Viper 32% socket Um Alternative Chains of Honour
    Arachnid Mesh
    Frosties
    Silkweaves
    1 x Anni
    5 cold and 2 Lightning Skillers - just what I happened to trade

Since I am just starting my MFing I haven't found anything to trade for this stuff. I only have the Occy, Shako, Skin, and Silkweaves. I mean hey if you guys wanna help me out great, otherwise what is some cheap alternatives.

7. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Ok Superhal

I've no problem with you advising against Nova in 1.10, however, Tiamats question was what eq for MF WITH this build. He has already built it! so I can only give of my experience with this build.

As with a CL//FO build it will not stand stacking MF gear at the epense of skills so I advise with MF AND Killing power in mind.

As for the herd of sheep that built this char in 1.09 well I didn't play this game 1.9. I built it without reference to any web site or stickies or guides. I built it purely because I looked at the trees and decided what I would like to do. That is probably why I like the char so much. Hell how was I to know Nova has now been nerfed in 1.10.

The point is I made the char work and work well. And at the end of the day I am trying to help someone who has done the same.

Tiamat if you contact me on line I will gladly give you some mf scs to help you on your way. Not 7ers but heh you pay way over the odds for them anyway.

Thx and good luck

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

wow, that's some _great_ newbie gear. :)