Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Skellimancer Questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by gblan, Feb 18, 2004.

1. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

New Skellimancer Questions

I am totally new to the necro build and I'm trying to build a Skellimancer. I have been playing the game for some time and understand what's going on from a gameplay standpoint. I have run two zons and a hammerdin through hell with very little difficulty. .....enter the necro. I am currently in normal trying to kill Diablo. I am clvl27. I have seven skells, two mages, and my choice of clay/blood or iron golem. I've stuck with the act 1 merc merely because I know it's gone act 2 of NM. Why am I finding it impossible to even dent Diablo? I run in there with my little army, amp him, watch everyone die in an inferno or two and run for my life. Zip damage practically. Any other character I've faced Diablo with smoked him no trouble. What am I doing wrong here?

Glenn

2. miles

miles IncGamers Member

u have any points in mastery for life or res for your revives. also clay and decrep work well ,diablo is almost at a standstill. Also i would get a act 2 merc from norm just because he deals alot more damge and can tank better.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

This is the problem. You spread your points to thin. At 27 you should have Maxed Skellies, put three points in mastery, one point in Amp, one in Clay, one in GM and one in Summon Resist.

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

It is an acknowledged fact that Diablo in Normal is one of the toughest fights a skellimancer ever gets, so do not dispair. Many, many young Necros have stumbled at this very same hurdle :) If it is any consolation, you will have the easiest time ever fighting the Ancients, skellies and revives just trounce them.

Several things can help you. The area is level 28 and Diablo himself is level 40 in Normal. So if you level up 2 or 3 times that will help a lot. Try to get some more plus skill items or a summoning wand with plus to raise skeletons, anything to increase the number and strength of your skellies. You did not say if you'd put any points into the summon resist skill, that obviosly helps your minions.

If you have decrepify use that on Diablo instead of Amp Damage and get your clay golem to hit him. The combined slowing effects greatly reduce the number of his attacks especially when he's mobbed by skellies.

If you have good gear (max lightning and fire resists and a belt full of potions) you can just tank Diablo yourself with a weapon. I killed him with a poison dagger (Jade Tan Do) at level 27. The elemental damage is less when you are close up and he will concentrate on you or your golem (which you should replace immediately if killed) and that gives your skellies a chance to chop him up.

Finally if all else fails, wait to level 30 when Revives and a Fire Golem become available. You can do it. Good Luck.

5. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

The way I beat Diablo in Norm without maxed skeles even was to make sure the first thing that he targeted was my clay golem. I cast it right on top of him as soon as D appeared, and kept the CG on him whenever D would take him out. Immediately after casting CG, I casted Decrepify and kept that up as well. This tactic drew the fire away from my more vunerable skeles and merc and kept D's attacks to the CG. I also spammed Bone Spear alot to help bring down D's health, and occasionally ran in and gave him a shot with my weapon on the switch.

I did Duriel this way as well.

Keep your merc alive as you can and keep casting that CG. D is very hard for a summoner in norm, but once in NM and hell diff...he foes down fairly easy.

-X

6. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

WOW! Great advice from all. Thank you so much guys. I'll put bits and pieces of it all together and have another go at it.
    Glenn