Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Single Player Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Khiva2012, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Khiva2012

Khiva2012 IncGamers Member

New Single Player Question

new player to Diablo...not playing online yet, i want to get to know the game first...started a Barbarian, and i've read alot of guides, but wondering...i have downloaded v1.10 patch, but i don't have the expansion pack...so anyone know a good guide to builds for single player version 1.10 without the expansion..? :scratch:

2. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

That is a very interesting question. I do not have an answer, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum anyhow. Good luck with your newfound addiction.

3. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum... :howdy:

I do not have any idea where you could find a classic build guide list. I havent even tried classic in 1.1, having a hard enough time trying to figure out 1.1 LOD :lol: ​
    Anyways, I wish you many, many, many sleepless nights enjoying this very, very, very addictive game. Whatever build you do eventually choose, please keep us updated on his progress. ​

4. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

well, i played 1.10 classic on bnet alot, after LoD became easier than breathing.... and i can tell you in 100% certainty that hammerdins, skelliemancers, and *WW barbs*, are the best

*since you're gonna be playing untwinked, mace using mauls, or spear using lances / pikes are gonna be the best*

also, dont waste your imbue quests.... its the most valuable and important quest there is in classic, as its nigh impossible to get good stuff without it, as your weapon will be subpar, and therefore harder to mf to find good stuff.

skellimancer is pretty straightforward, as its the class that requires the least amount of gear to be viable

if you're playing hardcore, i definately reccomend starting out with a skellimancer, if softcore, then play to what you like, skellimancer if you like to not do anything, barbarian if you like melee characters, or a hammerdin if you like spellcasters

edit : oh, and welcome to the forums

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums! :howdy:

6. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

I believe there was a D2 classic guide running around a few days ago. Try searching this forum for it. I have not read it, but maybe it helps.

And welcome to the SPF! Have a drink at EMB, read the FAQs and respect our elite uniques!

7. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Welcome too the forums! :D

8. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hi, and welcome to the forums :wave:

i have no expirience with 1.10 classic but i hear greatstories about Whirlwinders :thumbsup:

try one out and see how he progress

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

welcome to the forum!

10. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums. :lady:

11. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, enjoy your stay here :howdy:

12. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the SPF!

There are many reasons why you should spend the extra $20 on the expansion. Runes, more sets, bigger stash, more gold, are just some of the reasons. There are so many reasons why the expansion makes the game so much better.

But if $20 is too much, then I suggest looking for a used game at a retail outlet. You will not be able play on Bnet, because the CD key may have already been used, but who plays on Bnet anyways?

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

and, once you have LOD, you can trade with us and every question you have, we will have the answer to, much easier. get it off amazon, there cheaper there.

14. Khiva2012

Khiva2012 IncGamers Member

Thank you all for the responses! having fun atm building up a WW barb, a Conc barb, and a MF, now that i have ATMA...and i think ill just go buy the expansion =)

15. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

:lady: Welcome to the forums..you should be able to get the expansion fairly cheap now either from Amazon or Ebay and it's worth it..the game is so much better with the expansion.