New Server

Elly

Administrator
It should be faster. Server settings will need tweaking no doubt as things settle in but the DII site is on a server all by itself, it's also a bigger and faster server. This all means that the server won't go belly up when anything remotely exciting happens with WoW and those forums get busier, hogging all the resources.

We're adding new things to the forums too. Need to give you different things to amuse yourself at work:evil:

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, I can feel it. Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:
I think the trade forum rating will be abused in some way, though...

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
It does seem faster. Pretty spiffy if you ask me. *I haven't used that word in ages! But if fits...*

Creon

Diabloii.Net Member
Out of curiousity, 340 GB HD? Is that multiple HDs or did you find some obscure brand that manufactures oddball sizes for cheap?

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member
it always amazes me that there are so few google ads
I click them on the websites I like

wonder if it helps, because I close the windows immediately..

Out of curiousity, 340 GB HD? Is that multiple HDs or did you find some obscure brand that manufactures oddball sizes for cheap?
Sounds like it's in RAID.

8 gig ram
3 ghz dual xeon
340 gig hd
go-faster stripes
That's a real sexy beast you've got there. Sorry for the questions, but I've got a few more. How much space does the forums take up, and how much bandwidth do you go through per month?

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
..This all means that the server won't go belly up when anything remotely exciting happens with WoW...
LOL. Sounds like the beta-LoD days in May 2001 and just after it was released when a huge % of the testers came here to post their findings.

I actually had my first 'triple' post here last week, the duplicate filter wasnt working as expected, and I had to delete the two extra texts before the folks wielding pitchforks and torches arrived.