New Republic critical of Bush interview

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Most fiscal conservatives, even some Republicans, have been very critical of the administration's handling of the economy. I've found The New Republic to take a fiscally conservative stance most of the time, so this is hardly surprising.

Bush better get on the ball right quick.

Backdoor Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
It's nothing new that the man can't formulate a proper sentence without the aid of his advisers but the thing with the "Sure." is real funny.

What can I say...not the first time I noticed this man is intelectually challenged.

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
So, Bill, how does that crow taste?

For some reason I get the image of rats deserting a sinking ship popping into my head. That the case for anyone else?

advil

Diabloii.Net Member
tnr's been critical of bush for a very long time. andrew sullivan's been back and forth on bush so many times i've lost count, but he's been steadily critical of bush for a few months this time round.

interesting tidbit about oreilly. didn't think he was capable of admitting mistakes.

edit: that's exactly my reaction SZ.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Damascus said:
"Popular conservative television news anchor Bill O'Reilly, usually an outspoken Bush loyalist, said on Tuesday he was now skeptical about the Bush administration and apologized to viewers for supporting prewar claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040210/pl_nm/campaign_bush_base_dc_1
  1. He made that "confession" on ABC, but not his own show
  2. He worded his statement in a way that leaves him wiggle room to go back to being a Bush zombie if he so chooses.
Maybe he really is skeptical of Bush, or maybe he just wants to look like he's not exactly like other conservatives, or maybe he sees that the Bush bandwagon is slowing down and wants to jump off early. It's too early to tell yet what he means by this.

Yahoo article with a little more detail

[size=-1]While critical of President Bush, O'Reilly said he did not think the president intentionally lied. Rather, O'Reilly blamed CIA Director George Tenet, who was appointed by former President Bill Clinton. [/size]

[size=-1]"I don't know why Tenet still has his job." [/size]

[size=-1]He added: "I think every American should be very concerned for themselves that our intelligence is not as good as it should be."
[/size]

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Suicidal Zebra said:
For some reason I get the image of rats deserting a sinking ship popping into my head. That the case for anyone else?
Iceberg dead ahead Captain Bush!

Dubya: uh ... 9/11?

Cheney: O M'god

Rumy: What's happening?

Powell: Hard over you fools!

Condoleeza: Save me!

Crewman: We're going down by the bow

Cheney: I feel the big one coming on

Rumy: I told ya ... Stuff happens

Condoleeza: Save me!

Powell: Man the lifeboats

Dubya: OK

Powell: Not you ... you're the Captain

Dubya: Oh Lord ...

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/n/m/nmgtthee.htm
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee

Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer to Thee!

Bill O was on good morning america this morning. I watched some of the interview with him but I left before it was over so I don't know if he apoligized or not because they brought that up a bunch of times.