Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Rabies/Fury Wolf gets his first taste...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Josiphos, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

New Rabies/Fury Wolf gets his first taste...

Hey all,

Just thought I would share my new wolf with you guys, Digitoxin on Uswest Ladder. [Name comes from the chemical that is in those really nasty, poisonous 'red tides' you hear about...]

Anywho, I've been reading about the rabies wolf here in the forums and following the Kiba/Stoutewolf adventures and I decided to make my own.

I like the underdog, err underwolf, role.

Well I finally got him to L84 lastnight. I only had 5 shape GC (one with 8 life!), my Jalals had an empty socket, and my SS has a Pdiamond. I was so eager to test him out, though, that I slapped on some trangs and gores and jumped into some pubbies...

My skills:
    20 Lycan
    8 WW
    1 Oak
    1 HoW
    20 Fury
    20 rabies
    20 creeper
    1 raven
    1 spirt wolf
    1 dire wolf
    1 grizz

My main gear:
    EbotdZ
    Jalals (empty)
    SS (p diam)
    fort ap
    dungo
    raven
    angelic combo
    gores
    trang gloves
    cta/lidless (switch)
    5 shape gc+ bunch of 20 lifer, some frw, some resist

In stash: bloodfist, treks, bramble ap (48%/20 !!), shaftstop, maras, Eth Tomb 3 os (zod, 30/15 x2), highlords

Lets just say I had a freakin blast!

People teling on top of me thinking I was windy = bad idea :thumbsup:

Quotes like:
    " Wtf? I died and was nowhere near you!!"

" I thought you were ele !'

" How much life? Hella lot..."

" I wanna fight him next!"

"That wolf is good! Are they usually?" <----that made my day

"Duel me, Digi ?"

"Poison can kill?"

Of course, I died some. But wow, was it FUN. I haven't had that much fun dueling in awhile. Typical boring other builds in there : smiter, foher, blizz, tg zon...but there was also a flame bear! I couldn't believe it.We dueled prolly 5 times and both of us seemed to have a blast (even though he lost).

Bottom line: its amazing fun. Even when I lose...sometimes I get them with rabies as they try and run to town. :jig:

Ethereal tomb is serious poundage...especially with fort (OUCH). Of course, the bowzon would pick that time to nail me with 8374538947593 arrows as I step from town. :tongue:

So, its my new favorite build!

Things I discovered:

1) I need 4 more shape gc...lifers are best...but expensive

2) I need more AR angelic/ raven gives ~ 18K seems like the damage is there...but I have trouble with smiter and BvB. [I eat up low def chars though] I was thinking of cham in the jalals and double angelic rings...maybe some more ar sc. What do you think I should put in the jalals and SS (does shael actually make a difference?)

3) Run walk was a decent speed, except against running sorc...maybe some more frw charms? I dont want to use nigma just for the run speed.

4) Oak dies so quickly. I'm glad I only put one point in it. HoW (1 pt) actually was useful when lower in life and against high def chars.

5) I have 3500 life after BO, 3800 with oak but since that dies instantly its more like 3500.

Anyway, just wanted to share my new wolf. Let me know if you have any suggestions on gear switch, etc, or have a similar story!

Josi

2. Rothe

Rothe IncGamers Member

2) if ur resis are fine, put cham into jalals. it allows u to use the full angelic combo for big ar-boost.

for ur fhr-question: take bloodfists + 24fhr rare belt +jalals + 5fhr sc = 89fhr

cap is at 86fhr

btw, try to get some frw sc or frw shapers. frw is always nice to catch sorcs or leave infected enemies behind u :wink3:

3. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

You pwnt my Hr-Goth, meany.

Gj btw.

4. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

cool i gotta catch you online sometime so we can team duel in public duels.

too be honest ive done a lot better since i took the shael out of my ss , so id put a p diamond , or decnet jewel with like ed/dex in your ss.

i got some extra gear i can hook you up with too thats just sittin away on muels =)

whats your account name by the way?
    try pm me tommorow *Wolfz

5. Josiphos

Were you the flamebear? :thumbsup:

I was actually rooting for you! I watched a bit from town, and you seemed to have a 4fpa right?

How'd the bear end up working overall?

6. Josiphos

Cool.

My acc *Ljosiphos

That'd be great to team up, as long as you don't mind a dueling anchor...:wink3:

I'll try and msg u today. Gonna be online here in 5 mins...

7. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

1) Well ya you do. But also remaber loading up on small charms with life will also help fix your lower life amout as well.

2) If you really really want cannot be frozen go for a trang-ouls belt. It will also give you more hitpoints as well. And you can replace your verds with prebuffing with treachery armor.

3) Na there are ways to make a sorc come to you. The real staple of a good werewolf dueler is in they're tatics used and not for say theyre items. Don't get me wrong the right items do help you alot. But there not as inportant as other builds.

4) Oak tends to not die when people come after you alone. When I find people that like to pick on my oak. I keep oak on right click and resummon it. Also when team dueling and everyone has a oak you dont have to worry so much about loosing your oaksage.

5) Ya you got a low amount of hit points but that sorta helps you learn how to duel properly. I would infact try trading around for better charms like in my first answer. But dont get your pantys all up in a knot over it.

We all hang out in the druid grove you can meet any of us, kiba, ink, and my self there most of the time. *Bri76

8. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

looks like a waste, i see atleast 3 skill points wasted :undecided: (how,grizzly,dire wolf)

now you are still lvl 84 i suggest you do it immediatly :thumbsup:

9. eatabigfategg

eatabigfategg Banned

amp + grizzly owns barbs, zealots, and other fury druids when you wear bramble.

silly you!

10. kikomun

kikomun IncGamers Member

so you've got hold of an eth 3soc tombreaver too...sweet isnt it? :grin:

11. Josiphos

^ This mean remake?

Bah. HoW actually helps me when life gets low. I'd rather have +70/70 AR-Damage over 30 life at that point.

I agree on the dire and grizz, though. I still am yet to use grizz, but I do use bramble...so I'm sure it has a use.

UPDATE:

So I went out and got some upgraded gear (robbed my other duelers! :thumbsup: ): 5 bo cta for a 1 BO( ack! Didnt even know I had this!) some more life sc, gained 3 levels and actually started using my bloodfists. Finished all the skill quests :shocked: and did the stat-life quests.

My stats now: 4600 life with oak, 4020 w/o. AR 19k w angelic combo, 26k w double angelic.

He performed less well today, tho I think it was a matchup problem. Or I was off my game...as little of a 'game' as I have after 2 days experience. Joined a game with 7 PALLYS (uhoh) just for the challenge.

4 smiters and 3 hammerdins and me...

Smiters owned me basically. I think I got about 1-2 hits after I rabies them (was only using 1 angelic ring). Took a bunch of smites though. Rabies didn't seem to bother them much. Exile meant they ended with full life bars. Exile is so broken...

Hammerdins were a different story. Switched to reaver [this thing is a freakin BEAST] and fort for max damage. Got several 1 hit kills! The best hammer in the bunch managed to split me like 2-2, because he didnt tele on top of me.
    I'm still trying to figure out the range on that thing.

Joined another game with 5 sorcs, 1 auradin [teamed with a sorc...very evil] and a CS zon that farcasted the whole game. <---This game SUCKED. I managed to tank the zon once, but there was too much going on for me to be effective. Fire sorc spamming, auradin evading, lit sorc...

Then people started Nking and bo killing and I just left. Sad...

Things I learned today:

1) shaftstop is sorta useless v Smiters. I think bramble ebotz/SS dungo might be better for them. I think I'll have to use double angelic on them...exile gives too much defense man. Keep a cham'd jalals in the stash or switch to a cham'd Cerberus for more AR...I dunno. Anyone had luck w / cerberus?

2) I think I need to get an enigma in the stash for chasing down zons and sorcs. Nuff said.

3) I need to get 4 more shape gc...lol...

4) I'm missing those 2 (3?) wasted skill points now. I would love to have them in WW for 30% more AR. Each point there now give me 5-600 more AR in fury.

5) all in all, still a pretty fun day. I had a really good set of duels against a WW barb. He won both, but they were hella close. Took a long time too. Lotsa fun.

6) Have to learn more about how this build works. I like being the only dueler of my kind...I was the only wolf in any of the games I joined.

12. Josiphos

Cool. Ill look you up soon. I realized the wolf is in this acc --> *Ljosiphos3

I really like this wolf !

13. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

I made a DvC? He pwns hammerdins, windies, sorcs and zons. I can't be bothered to find the ar necessary to fight BvBs and smiters. Good smiter always has the advantage it seems. Personally i find 2 shaels and a zod better for 6/4 fury as im fighting ppl that actually run away from my druid lol.

Btw stoutwolf your guide rocks! :thumbsup:

14. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

joking? tell me how you get the amp on him first (wand aint possible)

grizzly means:LEECH and a lvl 1 grizzly 'doesn't have much damage. :thumbsup:

i strongly advice him to remake (will take 1 day) now he is still below 90, but that's just me. I can force him you know :wink3:

@mastermegatron: thank you for the compliment. I think you mean javazons though instead of amas in general. A 2- handed approach versus bowazons isn't exactly something i would advice you to do :thumbsup:

15. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Thorns plus anything is a bad ideal. thorns is a joke in player vs player. And thats a fact. Amp is good yes, grizzly isnt worth using because it only a meat sheild and even then its a 1 hit kill. So I would rather have 5-8 1 hit killed meat sheilds then having 1.

16. Josiphos

Well to tell you guys the truth, this wolf was not originally intended to be pvp. I had those skill points in drire and grizz b4 I started thinking about making him into a dueler. I really dont have to have that point in HoW either.

I probobly have too much str (~10 pts) invested into him as well.

He's l 86 now. With the advent of the chaos run, it really is fast to level chars up.

I might start bringing up another wolf while upgrading my torch and anni. Most likely I'll still play this one while leveling the other, just to get more experience.

I was seriously thinking about getting a Cham'd cerberus helm for the extra AR. If I can make up the Str and fhr someother way, that might be the ideal BvB Smiter helm. What do you all think? I really dont want to just conceed a win to them...

Do you really think bramble is that worthless? I mean, the other option is to stick with fort/ebotdz/ss/dungo. Or reaver, shaftstop/dungo. I was going with bramble/EBOTDZ/ss. But now not sure.