Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New PvP build??

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ssmsdb, Mar 8, 2004.

1. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

New PvP build??

Yo, ive been screwin around tryin to find an "off the wall" build, and thou sum1 may hav already thought of it, ive come up with the idea of a zeal assassin, crazy?? naw,sounds cool :yep: im not gonna b realying heavily on my weapons dmg cuz im gonna have to b using a passion, which looks pretty sexy if u ask me *ahem* ill give a list of what i was thinkin of doin,lemme know how close or far i am from the best possible build for her =)

Skills:
    Max BoS (sorry,uber skill,gotta love it)
    Max Venom (where all my dmg is)
    Max Shadow Master (damn shes sexy)
    Max CoS??? (dunno yet,still debating,seems an awesome PvM skill)
    If not CoS im gonna max DF

Gear:
    Weapon: passion (of course =D)
    Shield: dunno yet =P watever looks good
    Gloves: i dunno, can i throw trangs on,cast venom,then switch to ias w/o losing dmg??
    Helm: Andys
    Boots: hmm,toughy, wat do you think? use the boots with highest dmg or good ole run walk??
    Ammy: Cats eye (tryin to jack ias)
    Belt: dunno,wat do you think??
    Rings: need an opinion here also

Now,im hopin this char will b able to pwn my friends pally, cuz BoS adds more ias than Fan, and i was gonna make passion out of a scourge cuz their mad fast,(lemme know if theirs a faster weapon for passion plz) And im lookin to get all my dmg from venom,seems to work for ww assassins =D, ah yes,bout DF, just one of my favorite moves,stuns em just long enuf to get swinging =P, does venom stack on DF?? sorry if this isnt as much a guide as u might like =D just figuiring this out =D *ahem* back to the assassin, do i need itd to b able to duel decently?? and how do u think i should apply my stats, i know most say just enuf str for wep and always 75% block, just makin sure i should stick by that =P
    Well,thnx for reading, post comments or replies all u like =D im open to nething
    Thnx Again,

2. Select

Select IncGamers Member

dunno how good zeal will do, but get max block yes. fade is good. BoS if you really need the IAS. youll have to keep trangs on to get the bonus during the duel i believe...ive heard that ITD doesnt work in duels. get enough AR and go at it...i would suggest getting some sort of FHR and open wounds....try it and tell us how it works.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

How does crushing blow work in PVP? If you're going to hit 4 frames her hit, then might as well get a lot of effects that could trigger with each strike, like deadly strike, open wounds, crushing blow, etc.

4. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Open wounds is key for this build... With lots of Deadly Strike...

Its the same as making a Paladin... Ask Zealots what stats they go for...

5. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

assasins get 4 fps with zeal?
    Hm.. to bad passion cant be on a claw...

6. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Hey guys,just updating, im lvl 48 right now =D (goin slow cuz ive been trading for gear) ive got my duel +3 shadow skill claws, bout to get my trangs, and if i get really greedy,i might b able to get a bramble =D now, i plan on goin to my stash,castin my shadow Bos n venom, then switchin to battle gear, currently for my battle armor i have a stone archon plate (1700def 60hr) now,should i stick with this cuz the fhr is niiiiiiiice on it,or should i again try to b greedy and go for a .08 valor and just mass up on life?? i hav some hr charms i can throw on if needed,also,can ne1 gimmi a link to the hr breakpoints?? im really tryin to make this asn work =P
    thnx again

7. vi3txpryd3

vi3txpryd3 IncGamers Member

good way to test your build
    go use arachnids on your zealot and cast venom
    then duel another zealot that u usually lose to but u know is only a little stronger
    see if the venom helps u against him

i have a feeling this build won't do that good against true zealots since u have no mastery to boost your ar :( and assassins have bad defense compared to zealots but if it works well then we have another sin build that relies on another classes char skill @@

8. tl998

tl998 Banned

I would go with a Phase Blade instead. Phase blades are much faster, and the average damage is only slightly lower. Plus you never have to repair one :D

9. aleks

aleks IncGamers Member

if ur goign to use passion for zeal on a assasin, i suggest u make it in a Legendary Mallet, yes that's right. it's a 20 speed weapon. but from my knowledge, u only need 60 or 65 total ias with a high enough level BOS to reach 4frame zeal. a perfect passion lagendary mallet can reach 180 average damage. which is very good.

now all you need is some bonus ar from somewhere, u can try angelic set, demon limb, and aldur's boot+armor for some massive ar bonus. aldur's boot and armor gives a set bonus of 150%ar if u didn't know.

it could be a fun build, but ur low def will suffer if against real zealots

10. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

success???

Aiight, im lvl 73 now and im gettin into dueling, u can tell me if this sounds like a case of success or failure, i walk into a pk room, ne zonz,necs,asns(beside ww)drus,and sorcs are mine, i try to seek them out whenever possible,grant,i have a 1500 venom (not too bad) and a lvl 43 shadow at my side, and we just lay waste,i just went 8kills w/o healing,neway, im not claiming im badass,cuz im definatly not, i still cant fight pallys or barbs yet =\ not enuf ar, thou, i CAN fight chargers, i fight them all day with a high success rate, as long as im able to stay in close,their my women,lol, my gears kinds off the wall,thou this IS an off the wall build. im using the passion phase,SS,nats armor,shako,maras,soj,raven,trang gloves,imp shanks, and some PoS build im about to replace with T.Gods,and *ahem* 9 shadow skill charms, if u havnt noticed im big on gettin +skills to shadow (hence the duel +3shadow cllaws on my switch) and it seems to make a contender in duels, like i said,dunno if we should celebrate and call it a success story, but...im killin guys 10-20-30! lvls higher than me,so far the highest was a 96 bow zon (the sucker didnt see it coming) ive also noticed most my duels take place within 1-2 seconds,lol,venom is sickness,well,ya, just lemme know if u think ive picked a winner,lol
    Lates n thnx a ton on ur posts,very appreciated

11. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

I dont mean to brag, but im estatic with this asn!! i just got out of a pk game, poor zon and barb didnt know wat hit em ;) the zon,wearing her 40/15 armor, 40/15 helm, wf, imp, just tweaked out....never stood a chance..baba...gayness,like ive said b4,cant do much vs ww,but he decided to go toe to toe with me 1 time,lol, massacre, i think he wet himself +D, all i get now and days is "wtf! what kind of asn are you?!" and necs and sorcs have begun to fear me,althou, this build can b beaten by a fireball sorc with enuf cast rate, the stun is devastating, but all in all, im just so happy with this sin,my new pride n joy =D
    thnx for ur posts
    lates

12. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

thats a nice build you got there but dont you feel shes just kind of a weaker version of a WW ssin?

because WW ssins can take any char including 16k def smiters and botd barbs (ive killed 3 eth botd barbs with my WW ssin).

13. Select

Select IncGamers Member

WW may be stronger but ya never know. either way I think ill make one of these...just need more skill charms hehe...i already have passion lined up for some sort of weapon.

so do you play her like a zealot or do you use different tactics?...possibly mind blast, df in and zeal away?

14. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

sorry i wasnt trying to discourage this kind of build i was just trying to point out theres better ways of doing things.

Although i do think this could you would need traps to stunlock people to win agaisnt experienced duellers.

15. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Yo, just replying, at my friends, ummm,ya, WW sins ARE better, but people see it coming and i made her to b different neways, and all i do when i duel is DF in on them and switch to zeal, for my stun (dun really need it) i use an act5 baba,seems to keep my opposition in check ;) but *ahem* i personally dun need stun,ive done the math, and with my friends enchant (we always duel together) he adds another 2k dmg, well, i do around 40k after my first zeal and df (thaz including my my merc n shadow) well, neways, gl with ur sin, wish u the best of luck,i love mine, and about those "expierenced" duelers, dun worry about em, ull b able to tell if ur gonna kill em within the first second (slapped a 40/15 zon baaaaad, complete ownage) well, i g2g,friends dying to get on comp.
    Thnx again for ur posts, lates