Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Projects

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pncwd, May 13, 2005.

1. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

New Projects

I am going to venture out and start a new project, one that many have started but only do it for a couple hundred times, then post the findings and quit.

Countess runs

goal to cube the runes to make a legit enigma

I use to do these runs on ladder all the time and over the course of the time that I played ladder I aquired a total of 8 legit ist. Now I didnt keep a track of how many runs I did, but I know I started dreaming about what she looked like LOL.

So anyways I will keep every rune from el up, I have plenty of gems at the moment to cube most of the runes that require chipped and flawed, proly close to 40 of each type. So that should get me off to a good start. I am also going to do lower kaurast chest runs. If I am lucky I will get one of the needed runes there faster. My luck will be a higher rune that I dont need right now, LOL.

Character being used
    lvl 90 light sorc
    maxed CL with all but nova maxed for synergies
    lvl 18 FO
    and a grand total of 38(i think) in CL

Comments welcome, with the exception of impossible.

2. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

good luck.

i have a rune finder guide which has all the calculations for cubing and all that lot what you need:

Ber = 3,570,467,226,624 Els

Jah = 7,140,934,453,248 Els

pm me when you get there and i'll send you an Ith ;)

really. i don't mean to sound sarcastic, but it's a big job and a really do wish you the best of luck.

:) matt

3. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

I have a rune calc too, this will help to know when to start cubing, I figure that if I can at least get alot of mid runes, like io down then that billion number of els will be chopped down a little.

BTW

I have a website of my own, it was made for ladder but I am in the process of switching it over, come visit it some time, it has a trade list on it as well. I make my own html pages so you wont be seeing Flavie type pages.

www.geocities.com/powerpally

4. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Good luck, that's a huge amount of countess runs but, as you said, not impossible.

I would just seriously suggest you reconsider keeping els, and other lower runes, and cubing them.

Here are the numbers I've figured out. I'm guessing about 5 second per cube, and this is fairly modest. It will take 729 cubes (2187 els) to make a Ral. At 5 seconds a cube that's 3645 secons or 1 hour. Assuming you're running properly, your runs should be under a minute each. Rals have a 1/10 drop chance so in the time it would take you to cube a single Ral, you could find 6 of them. No matter how you slice it, 6 > 1.

Your goal is pretty incredible, you need the numbers to work for you, not against you. If you collect Tals, and cube them to Hels, you could still be taking an hour while Hels drop 1/54, still beeting the cubing process. Io is on the other side of that line. Io drops are 1/81 (I think) which is worse than the Io/hour you would get cubing Rals.

I would highly suggest you don't bother with runes lower than Ral because you can find them faster than you can cube them.

As for running countess a ton, sounds good, I haven't posted my results in their own thread but I'm at about 2300 right now.

5. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Hmm, you sure you want to do those 50k+ countess runs? With the same time spent, lower kurast could be far better. 10k LK runs > 50k Countess runs, IMHO. That would probably net you at least a Ber or two. Also check out Urlik_Skarsols rune finder guide. I don't have a link, but I'm fairly sure that someone will link you to it.

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

You do realise that the time it takes you to cube, say, a Ral from Els is actually quite a bit longer than the time it takes you to run the countess for another Ral?

7. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

well the only reason for keeping them, I dont plan on cubing them as i go, I figured now that I have found out how to make a stash in atma (woohoo, yeah i am a noob when it comes to single player) I will just put them all in there and then cube them all up when I have enough to make some out of it. Like maybe an ist or something. But that would be all the runes up to that. I was very fortunate last night and found 2 um in the same pit run, bout fell out my chair on that one. But those are the first ums that I have found single player.

That rune guide you are talking about says that the best place over all to rune hunt is hell cows,
    Kill all the cows on player one setting and then open all the chest on player 8 seting. But I figured I would get just as much out of the countess runs and the lower kaurast as I would cows.

8. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

How about doing HF rushes? Lets say a Gul per day, that means...

9. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Right now I have no way to hell forge rush, I would have to play that character all the way there, That would suck, LOL.

10. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Please, I beg of you to reconsider collecting lower runes...
    I did 1000 Countess runs some weeks ago, posted the result somewhere here in this forum. I did what you are about to do. Collected every single rune that dropped and cubed them all up by batch of 500 runs, then cube them all up after the 1000th run. It's really a waste of time cubing lower level runes. Time that could have been spent running Countess more.

Nightfish is correct in pointing out that it takes more time to cube lower level runes than to find their equivalent higher rune.

After doing those runs, now I just limit myself to picking up at least Ral's. I believe that is still low, but what the heck.

But it's up to you, whatever floats your boat. Post the results from time to time if you have the time. And GOOD LUCK! :)

--maxgerin

11. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Would be interesting to have somebody calculate what rune is the turning point where it makes sense to pick them up. I'd recon it's a lot higher than you'd think. Maybe Pul or so.

12. ron

ron IncGamers Member

Maybe so for cubing up to ber/jah and such, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I leave hel's, lum's and lem's laying on the ground. :p

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You should do it on bnet and try make last wish, it only needs 3 jahs and a ber IIRC.

14. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Last Wish - Jah Ber Jah Sur Jah Mal. Pretty cheap, isn't it? As is Vex Vex Lo Jah, and most of those other runewords, created for the "Legit Ladder Players".

15. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

What you guys don't have those runes just laying around? :p

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

If only i had the mal, i could make it. *sigh* :p

17. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I got all the runes, but don't have a 6 socket short sword to make it in for style points :(

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]
    Stats like these are just begging to be put in a brandistok.

[/size][/font][/size][/font]

19. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Check post #4.

Though I suspect it is even higher and me guesses are too modest. I was keeping them modest to try to argue against cubing els. I only keep Amns and higher, I suspect that it is in the Ral - Amn range where cubing is faster than finding if, and only if, you have abundant cubing supplies (chippies+). If you have to do cubing supply searches it could go up quite quick.

On a side note, I would be very hesitant to assume that any one of our hunches are more correct than Urlik's indepth research. Unless you have side goals too I would follow Urlik's guide. (Though it is true that his guide is for finding the rune directly, not cubing to it)

20. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

I agree. Who would ever want to play a character all the way to Act4Hell?

;)